15+ Year Old Account

Finally resubbing.

Hey guys. Been gone since before Pandaria released. I'm now in school full time so my play time will be ultra casual. I have both a druid and DK ready to take to end game as tanks. From the DK tanking community, how are DK's looking atm from a PvE tanking and PvP point of view?

Game is installing at home as we speak and I'll be able to log on tonight. Been gone too long.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    Hey guys. Been gone since before Pandaria released. I'm now in school full time so my play time will be ultra casual. I have both a druid and DK ready to take to end game as tanks. From the DK tanking community, how are DK's looking atm from a PvE tanking and PvP point of view?

Game is installing at home as we speak and I'll be able to log on tonight. Been gone too long.
    IMO, PvE DK tanking is fun, but they are spec-wise relatively weak right now. Less global utility, and relatively weak self-heals and mitigation. That said, at this point? Odds are good that you get more out of practice in the new game than you do out of the "right" spec, because the changes are gonna be, like, a pretty radical shift in many ways.

Druid tanks are reportedly fun, though, and have good damage, mitigation, and utility. If you want to "do it all" rather than focus on yourself or low responsibility (or complex resource management) that might be a better first choice.

I can't speak so much to PvP, other than to note low representation in higher end PvP among DKs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    IMO, PvE DK tanking is fun, but they are spec-wise relatively weak right now. Less global utility, and relatively weak self-heals and mitigation. That said, at this point? Odds are good that you get more out of practice in the new game than you do out of the "right" spec, because the changes are gonna be, like, a pretty radical shift in many ways.

Druid tanks are reportedly fun, though, and have good damage, mitigation, and utility. If you want to "do it all" rather than focus on yourself or low responsibility (or complex resource management) that might be a better first choice.

I can't speak so much to PvP, other than to note low representation in higher end PvP among DKs.
    Thanks so much for the info. Really answers my question. My DK had been my main since LK released leaving my Druid who was my main from Vanilla, to play second fiddle. I might actually main my druid for a change.
    my SWTOR referal link:

I wouldn't worry too much about such things unless you're in a Heroic guilds pushing progression. Any tank is viable. Base your decision off which you would like to play.

The only thing that's really different is that if you want to do Challenge Mode dungeons (P.S. they are awesome fun to tank) you'll find 90% of runs want a Blood DK. Never seen a bear tanking CMs. Not saying it can't be done but a Blood DK gets a relatively easy invite to a CM run.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-02-25 at 01:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

PvP wise druids are better esp if you want to go resto as they are probably the best healers atm. Dk's aren't that great this season but still fun to play as always.

Quote Originally Posted by meatfresh View Post
    PvP wise druids are better esp if you want to go resto as they are probably the best healers atm. Dk's aren't that great this season but still fun to play as always.
    Though he said to take end game as tanks...But speaking pvp wise i can see where that suggestion comes from.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Though he said to take end game as tanks...But speaking pvp wise i can see where that suggestion comes from.
    next sentence he asks about pvp

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    next sentence he asks about pvp
    Yeah i noticed and mentioned that. I just assumed it would be a safe assumption that when comparing dk and,druid its probably not a question about healing, but maybe thats just me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Yeah i noticed and mentioned that. I just assumed it would be a safe assumption that when comparing dk and,druid its probably not a question about healing, but maybe thats just me.
    Yeah, never liked healing, although I wouldn't be above learning. In my opinion, in any MMO that has pvp in battleground type of format, good healers make or break a team.
    my SWTOR referal link:

A good HPal or D Priest, IMO, can really really sway a 10v10 or 15v15 game.