lag (or something) in holy paladin instant spells

I've been having the following problem for a few months now, and its been driving me crazy, as well as causing me to fail badly in raids. Nearly every time I hit my holy paladin's instant cast spells (holy shock, eternal flame, devotion aura, hand of protection, etc.), I have to hit the key at least twice, often three or four times, before the spell goes off - which is sometimes too late, the tank is dead. I have never seen this problem with my resto druid, disc priest or resto shammy, all of whom also have instant spells and use all the same addons (vuhdo and bartender are the only ones that effect key presses afaik) and do the same raids (the shammy is also doing heroic, the priest and druid normal or flex SoO). I have tried multiple different mice and keyboards, both wired and wireless, both "gaming" and conventional. This is on a Dell Precision T7500 Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64-bit) desktop with 24GB RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN GPU. I use this PC primarily for telecommuting and it is owned by my employer, so I am limited it what "experiments" I can do (e.g., no I cannot turn off antivirus). It seems very very strange that this ONLY effects the holy paladin. Oh, and only in combat (both boss fights and trash), there's no problem out of combat. Its apparently random when this occurs, but its nearly all the time, very rarely does the first key or mouse press do anything but it does sometimes work. There is no problem with cast time spells, only instant casts. Any suggestions, other than quitting wow and such, would be greatly appreciated. The holy pally is my "main". Thanks.

Check if your settings in wow is set to optimize for network speed or whatever (make sure it unchecked), also keep in mind the limitation of global cooldowns... even if your spells is instant there's a global cooldown (effects everyone to stop instants from being cast unlimited times per second and such). I assume you know of this, just keep it in mind while playing holy paladin when you're doing several instants in a row.
    other than that I don't know what it could be, try turning off raidframes if you have VuhDo or any other addon for it. Check your maccros if you use those.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats your latency in game?
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

My in-game latency usually runs 30-35ms both "home" and "world". My internet speed is 300mbps download/65mbps upload (verizon fios). None of the paladin's instant cast spells involve macros. I never have any trouble with frame rate EXCEPT on Ordos when I've been "transported to another realm", where all my healers have the same very obvious lag problem but it is not specific to instant casts. In any case, I am NOT concerned with Ordos, I only care about my guild's SoO raids.

I do suspect this has something to do with the GCD, but I'm certainly aware of the GCD and I don't understand why it would be different for the paladin vs. the other healers. I vaguely recall in Wotlk there was speculation about a "hidden" extra GCD, aded on beyond the regular GCD, then to prevent disc priests from spamming PW:S, but I never saw any confirmation of this. Have other holy paladins seen anything like this? One cannot spam HS anyway, due to its own cooldown, I'm not hitting it until weakauras says shows is as up. And many of the other spells I see this problem with, such as bop, are being used for the very first time that fight and are long past their cooldown from previous fights.
    Last edited by pdpeleven; 2014-02-24 at 04:37 AM.

I have anywhere from 25-70 ms Home and World latency running a laptop far inferior to yours on a University network [60 mbs up/15 mbs down] and have not had the issue you are describing on my Holy Paladin main for the 6 months that I have been here. Previous to this, I played my Healadin on a much slower home network without any such issue. I also use both VuhDo and Bartender, neither of which has given me any issues as far as keypress latency goes.

I'm not a computer expert, so I can't speak toward how to diagnose if that is the problem; however, have you tried playing your Paladin from a different computer and/or on a different network?

There's no "hidden extra gcd".

The issue lies with your end, be it with faulty addons,connection issues etc.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Try disabling addons, namely scrolling combat texts and dps/healing meters. Recount is especially horrible, the way you explain it (problem only on your main and in combat) suggest that it's something that happens in your main raids (heroic, maybe 25man?) where there's more data traffic going to those type of mods specifically. Try disabling those mods, if that doesn't change things then try disabling all addons and turn on 1 and 1 addon until you find the problem. You should also (obviously) always update your addons to the latest version.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

lag

Quote Originally Posted by pdpeleven View Post
    I've been having the following problem for a few months now, and its been driving me crazy, as well as causing me to fail badly in raids. Nearly every time I hit my holy paladin's instant cast spells (holy shock, eternal flame, devotion aura, hand of protection, etc.), I have to hit the key at least twice, often three or four times, before the spell goes off - which is sometimes too late, the tank is dead. I have never seen this problem with my resto druid, disc priest or resto shammy, all of whom also have instant spells and use all the same addons (vuhdo and bartender are the only ones that effect key presses afaik) and do the same raids (the shammy is also doing heroic, the priest and druid normal or flex SoO). I have tried multiple different mice and keyboards, both wired and wireless, both "gaming" and conventional. This is on a Dell Precision T7500 Windows 7 Pro SP1 (64-bit) desktop with 24GB RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN GPU. I use this PC primarily for telecommuting and it is owned by my employer, so I am limited it what "experiments" I can do (e.g., no I cannot turn off antivirus). It seems very very strange that this ONLY effects the holy paladin. Oh, and only in combat (both boss fights and trash), there's no problem out of combat. Its apparently random when this occurs, but its nearly all the time, very rarely does the first key or mouse press do anything but it does sometimes work. There is no problem with cast time spells, only instant casts. Any suggestions, other than quitting wow and such, would be greatly appreciated. The holy pally is my "main". Thanks.

you can try this script, I copied it from a thread in the ui forums.

/run SetCVar("raidFramesDisplayIncomingHeals",1)

It seemed to help my paladin, b/c I was having some lag issues, with a very powerful comp as well.

The weak aura for my judgement on my prot paly appears b4 it is actually of cd, if ur basing everything around weak auras telling u it's of cd u should maybe check the spell without weak auras. Try "tel me when" just as an experiment.