Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    What was so fun about it? you had no choices to make if I remember correctly, wasnt it just keep dots up, keep haunt up, shadow bolt until execution range when you drain soul. (cast 4 instant soul fires)

Deleted
    I really like Malefic Grasp.. why would anyone choose Shadowbolt over MG? .. it's visually pleasing to me.. more so then shadowbolt.. but hey we are all different.. i just dont miss cata afflic.. i love it as it is now.

i miss old Haunt and SB spam. MG is a horrible spell. ty and gn

DoT snapshotting got a bit absurd this expansion for multiple classes. Between snapshotting and Soulburn: Soul Swap, you basically focused more on watching your Affdots than you did the encounter.

I totally miss Cata affliction, it feels so clunky compared to previous expansions. Affliction is manageable since it wasn't absolutely redone, but then again feels like Im playing a shadow priest now, which stinks. Demonology on the other hand is just flat out absurd. My keybinds love the spec, but in my opinion, if you have played a warlock for 9 years and dabbed into each spec playing them efficiently each expansion then Blizzard totally reworks a spec. It's tough not to be discouraged and play it effectively since I have had to throw basicly the whole spec out the window and re-learn it again. That's just me, and my opinion so don't hate!

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Cata Affliction. But, I was a total noob back in Cata so I had no idea what I was doing. The little time I had with it makes me miss it even more.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Although i didn't get to raid in cata i raided seriously in tbc and wrath and i must say i to think that current affliction sucks in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    I miss cata Demo.

But my keyboard don't miss it at all.
    Current demo single target rotation is just like cata except Chaos Bolt has no CD and costs embers instead. I like it much better.

OT: Affliction was always my favorite warlock spec. I loved it in TBC, wotlk, and cata. I hate the MoP version and its a major reason as to why I didn't even bother buying the expansion until halfway through 5.3. Shadow Bolt felt amazing as a filler, my favorite warlock spell. Malefic Grasp is an abomination to the sepec even the entire class.

And the new Haunt might be nice for burst damage, but it feels absolutely terrible gameplay wise. I want haunt to be a simple CD and heal after its duration again. Nightfall should be proccing instant cast Shadowbolts... NOT Haunts....

Bring back Shadow Bolt.
    Last edited by Bridius; 2014-03-03 at 02:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridius View Post
    Current demo single target rotation is just like cata except Chaos Bolt has no CD and costs embers instead.
    My brain broke. Could of sworn Chaos Bolt was Destro only.

OT: I never actually played cata Demo. I must be a bad person.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Avenger View Post

No... you're correct. Cata Demo was basically 36? seconds of god burst, then you wait for MWC to come off cooldown and hope you get enough RNG procs (which reduced the CD of meta) for meta to be off cooldown too. No Chaos Bolts.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

I both like and dislike MoP affliction vs cata affliction.

Likes (MoP):
    *channeled spells feel smoother and take interruption better than casted nukes though with KJC this is lost on many
    *shard system is better fleshed out
    *Soulswap lets aff function in fights it never could before (at least not well)

Dislikes (vs Cata):
    *Haunt + MG is too much of a single target throttle...makes multidotting too weak in non uber snapshot situations
    *snapshotting making dot balance impossible (also to blame trinket/cd stacking just to be fair)
    *Soulswap makes multidotting far less talent based.

As for other specs....cata destro was crap in that you juggled dots, ISF, weak nukes and it never felt like a hard hitting "blow **** up spec" that was harder to play than the results it gave. MoP destro has some of the better mechanics blizz has done in that its easy to learn/hard to master, does well at a wide range of ilvls, and isn't super picky about secondary stats. Demo was *the* single most "Rube Goldberg DPS machine" spec in history...sure it felt powerful for its go time but it was absurd to play that way such that it dulled the fun compared to MoP where its how/when you spend DF not just going through an APL that looks like the human genome.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Demo was *the* single most "Rube Goldberg DPS machine" spec in history...sure it felt powerful for its go time but it was absurd to play that way such that it dulled the fun compared to MoP where its how/when you spend DF not just going through an APL that looks like the human genome.
    I couldn't disagree harder. Cata Demo made me feel like I earned the big numbers I was putting up in fights, which made it infinitely more fun than the watered down crap we got when the MoP patch dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by werdwitha3 View Post
    I couldn't disagree harder. Cata Demo made me feel like I earned the big numbers I was putting up in fights, which made it infinitely more fun than the watered down crap we got when the MoP patch dropped.
    Really, you loved an 18 button rotation?

To review for all those that either didn't play Demo in Cata or possibly leveled with one and never raided and subsequently are making comments about how smooth and great it was, here's what you did:

Curse of the Elements
    Metamorphosis on variable CD
    Felguard Bladestorm, followed by Demon Soul
    Soulburn summon Felhunter.
    When Demon Soul was off CD midfight: Soulburn Summon a Felguard, Bladestorm, Demon Soul, hard cast Felhunter
    Doomguard on CD
    Immolation Aura
    Immolate
    Bane of Doom
    Shadowflame
    Corruption
    Hand of Gul’dan on CD to refresh Immolate (not always possible)
    Soul Fire (execute during Decimation)
    Incinerate (Only Molten Core procs and not during haste buff)
    Shadow Bolt filler
    Force cast Felhunter Shadowbite
    Dark Intent buff
    Fel Flame with T11 or while moving
    Lifetap

And if you thought Destro is exactly as it is now, here's the rotation to refresh your memory:

Improved Soul Fire buff (every what, 12 seconds on the nose, remembering to pre-cast 2 seconds beforehand?)
    Demon Soul on CD
    Doomguard on CD
    Immolate
    Bane of Doom, Havok for adds
    Conflagrate
    Curse of the Elements
    Shadowflame
    Corruption
    Respond to Burning Ember Procs from Imp
    Chaos Bolt (not during haste buffs, barely a dps increase and I believe required Immolate to be up)
    Incinerate
    Force cast the Imp’s Fire Bolt
    Dark Intent buff
    Fel Flame with T11 or while moving
    Lifetap

There's a reason people stopped playing the class.

10+ Year Old Account
    What jack5 said. Thank the darkness they redid warlocks in MoP. (even though ToC Demo was really fun to me.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Avenger View Post

Sorry, I read Demo as Destro for some reason. Even more embarrassing I typed 'demo'. Two abbreviations beginning with D and ending with O
    Last edited by Bridius; 2014-03-04 at 01:06 AM.

I never liked shadow bolt as Afflic but that was back even before Incinerate and ALL specs used Shadow Bolt. If they brought it back now as the filler, I'd be ok with it. But I like MG's dot buff. Maybe bringing back Shadow Bolt causing a debuff (maybe the MG debuff for 3 sec) and having Haunt still as a shard resource would be a good way to meet in the middle.

Haunt + MG as DoT throttles on single target is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    The worst part is they knew how good it was. It was considered one of the smoothest, most coherent rotations in the game. They were super happy with it.

Aff in WoD will be much better without snapshotting. As long as the stupid soul burn haunt doesn't go through.
    It will not be better without dot snapshotting. It will be a yawnfest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely. One of the few things Cataclysm had right was Affliction. It was absolutely perfect in Cataclysm.

Now that we're a channel snapshot spec, I've completely given up on Affliction entirely. It's a shame as it really was my favorite spec out of any class.