Thread: stat weights...

stat weights...

I'm currently at ilvl 563 and i have some issues with shadowcraft...its having me go crit over everything else, even over mastery; despite the stat weights listing it as mastery>crit>haste. When i pull WoL and look at top assassin parses they are still gemming/forging for mastery/haste. Any ideas from the rogue community why it is doing this?...for the hell of it I checked other sim sites like mr robot and they have me doing the same with crit.

At my gear level should i be gearing more for crit?...i thought the general opinion(me included) was that crit was to hot and cold and mastery/haste gave more consistent output...

sincerely,
    confuzzled rogue

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ubael/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming you're in Assassin spec, reforges will work regardless of what you focus. Mastery>Crit>Haste is still the most "common" strategy and is supposed to be "more consistent"

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowcraft doesn't use pre-determined stat weights, but finds them for your current setup. You'll notice that on a fresh armory import, crit is your highest stat weight. Reforge, and mastery shifts significantly enough to be ahead of crit. If you hit reforge again, shadowcraft will reforge mastery > crit > haste and give you yet another set of stat weights... but the second reforge will show a DPS loss. To get the absolute highest listing in shadowcraft, manually reforge until your top two stat weights are extremely close together.

How that mirrors reality will vary, but it's not really far off. If you use an offspec, take your offspec's stat weights into consideration as well.

tyvm for the responses, I will have to mess with SC more

The value of crit for Assassination also starts to drop off ~40%. This is easily reachable with heroic level gear and raid buffs. In addition, the less boss uptime on a given fight, the less the value of crit. These two reasons are why most heroic geared rogues who still go Assassination go with with mastery reforges