Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Salvage Yard Transmog

So I've now got level 3 Salvage Yards running on 3 characters and there's something bothering me. The Transmog gear you get out of it. The 610 Rare set which is the boosted toon/creation screen gear, my Warrior has the full set, he pulled them almost methodically, helm > shoulders > chest > gloves > boots > legs and eventually got the 1h axe too. My Hunter has been 100 for 3 days and has the helm, boots and legs. My Shaman however, who has been 100 since 3 days after launch and had the Salvage Yard running since as soon as he could has the pants, the belt and has pulled 5 or 6 shields and 17, yes SEVENTEEN Fist Weapons.

Am I just being teased by RNG? How could it be possible that I get SO MANY WEAPONS while only seeing a couple actual armour pieces? I'm now convinced it's a bug for Shamans because my other toons are getting the pieces fine. Wanted to share my experience and see if anyone else has had similar "luck" with Salvage on Shamans?

Nope. Got the set on my shammy few days after hitting 100. Rng is rng.

I've gotten like every piece 3 times except for the boots and 1h hammer. RNG is RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    i got the real ones from warmill orgrimmar guard and blackrock clan mog set are amazing

Alright dammit, I'll just have to slug along with my Fist Weapons. Thanks guys!

10+ Year Old Account
    I might regret it later but I vendor everything that comes out of salvage if it's not a follower upgrade. Clearly I havent seen any worth while epics. Just low level epics.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    I might regret it later but I vendor everything that comes out of salvage if it's not a follower upgrade. Clearly I havent seen any worth while epics. Just low level epics.
    I vendor also... not a big xmog person so I DE the WoD ilvl items for dust and vendor the rest.. Although I did get http://www.wowhead.com/item=1728/tee...zing-longsword in a Big Crate this morning and now am debating selling or keeping to xmog on my pally cause well its a freaking lightsaber
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

I just got my first piece today after 3 weeks. I didn't even know it was a thing until I got the gloves today and saw that they were BoP. Weird that based on these comments, the pieces are so common. I've gone through hundreds and hundreds of big crates of salvage.

Death Knights have the worst of it. Their Salvage yard Transmog set is the exact same set you can buy from Acherus Hold for 5 gold...

Sigh...

Deleted
    I think i've gotten 2 fist weapons, one pair of pants, gloves and boots, 2 chests and 2-3 belts on my shaman. They are really ugly (horde gear, haha, ffs) though, so only use i have for them is to get them disenchanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Warpwolf View Post
    Death Knights have the worst of it. Their Salvage yard Transmog set is the exact same set you can buy from Acherus Hold for 5 gold...

Sigh...
    least you get a cool 2hander

Still waiting for them to fix the transmog belt issues with the salvage yard set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    I vendor also... not a big xmog person so I DE the WoD ilvl items for dust and vendor the rest.. Although I did get http://www.wowhead.com/item=1728/tee...zing-longsword in a Big Crate this morning and now am debating selling or keeping to xmog on my pally cause well its a freaking lightsaber
    The fact that something like that 'can' drop is why I suffer through the 'crap' I get. I wish they had internal numbers on some of the most popular items people xmog, so they could keep those in the database, and not just have EVERYTHING. I have gotten some WTF 'xmog' pieces that I would hope no one ever wears for xmog.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpwolf View Post

Sigh...
    Monk version is a transmog set with 2 pieces not usable for transmog. Wait, what?

I've got 11 followers over 650, many more around 630. I've had the level 3 salvage yard since the 22nd of november, and have yet to see the paladin's transmog shoulders.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got everything but the shoulders...which is the best part of the Warlock set.

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

i got them in short order. except for the boots and helm. which are taking time.

Deleted
    Gotten everything several times over on my toons with level 3 Salvage Yard. RNG is RNG =)

10+ Year Old Account
    WHAT!!! That shit is for transmog??? I thought it was some crappy BoE for cheap selling but vendored it for time's sake... OMG!!!

I didn't know people used those 610s for transmog, I just disenchant them the moment I get them.