Computer build not as good as I expected

AMD FX 6300 BE 6-core 3.5GHz
    MSI 970A-G43 motherboard
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    GEFORCE GTX 750Ti 2GB
    1TB HDD 7200 rpm 32MB cache 3.0GB/s

With this build how well should a game like world of warcraft run on high settings?
    Everything here is new except the HDD. I expected it to run better than it is but it seems like wow is just hard to run on higher settings.
    The main problem is it doesn't seem to be running wow too much better than with a prebuilt machine from walmart and an older GPU.
    Last edited by Isterra; 2014-03-02 at 05:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was the previous machine?

If you're talking about raid performance, AMD CPU's fall woefully behind intel CPU's, due to lower IPC.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly due to the processor. Intel makes WoW run considerably smoother than AMD.
    Although if you have a specific problem, IE what's specifically wrong with the performance in what part of the game, someone maybe able to shed some better light.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

I have exactly almost the same build but a GTX 760 4gig. Other gfx heavy games run great no prob, but yeah wow isn't going to require much in the gfx department it's mostly a cpu heavy game. If you haven't already get a new heatsink for the cpu (it's practically a must, stock cooler sucks for this chip) and over-clock it, you'll notice some better performance.

Deleted
    not to make this about intel vs. amd, but i have been building my own pc´s for 14years now - and in my experience AMD processors seems to underperform and "get old" very quick, compared to Intel.
    im running a I7 processor right now, with a cheap GPU, 8 gigs of RAM etc - wow runs smooth.

Thanks everyone. I just tried to buy the best cpu(in my price range) that matched the motherboard. I had no clue that there was a difference between intel and amd other than brand name.