Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I'd say it is more along the lines of the game UI telling you "yes, you really are supposed to be using haste and preferring it over other stats".
    I suppose that makes sense as well. Interested to see what the T17 4pc ends up being.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i feel like those attunement bonuses are the lazy mans way to say get this stat plz. it also directly devalues other stats at the same time so i have NO IDEA as a design point of view they would ever do something like this. With a buff like that,even if it is small. it would really make haste the best no matter what they do with any other stat in the game now. i dislike being forced into stats like this, and i still dont like how demanding haste is to be to begin with to try and reach all these softcaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Reghame View Post
    i feel like those attunement bonuses are the lazy mans way to say get this stat plz. it also directly devalues other stats at the same time so i have NO IDEA as a design point of view they would ever do something like this. With a buff like that,even if it is small. it would really make haste the best no matter what they do with any other stat in the game now. i dislike being forced into stats like this, and i still dont like how demanding haste is to be to begin with to try and reach all these softcaps.
    Or it could be argued that they recognize that most, if not all, specs have *the* stat and are making it easier to let the players get "enough" of it. At 5% though, it just means we need about 200 less haste rating to get to 50%, at lvl 100.

Btw, has anyone heard if multistrikes off J/CS give extra HoP ?
    Or will multistrike only buff the shitty healing thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    There was a tweet a few days ago about this. Celestalon said something along the lines of multistrikes not proccing any kind of resource generation unless specifically stated.

Multistrike for Prot Paladins is ONLY the incoming heal duplication (unless something has changed in the latest alpha build). As far as I know, none of the tanks gain additional resources through Multistrike.

I wonder if DK's DS will multistrike and will gain additional healing, or just pure dmg.
    All in all, still looks like sheit stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Multistrike for Prot Paladins is ONLY the incoming heal duplication (unless something has changed in the latest alpha build). As far as I know, none of the tanks gain additional resources through Multistrike.
    The Blood DK ability Blood Rites has a chance to grant 15 Runic Power on autoattack multistrikes. They're the only tank spec (and possible spec of any class) that gets resources from multistrike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Hey guys..get this..

Judgments of the Bold has been removed.
    Judgment is now naturally free for Holy Paladins, and naturally generates 1 Holy Power for Retribution Paladins.
    We just loss holy power off Judgement. So that leaves us with 1 real HP generator, and another on proc when Grand Crusader Procs.

I sorely hope that is a rather massive oversight.

Edit: talking out of my ass here, Judgement of the Bold was retri only. Ignore me.

heh, i was thinking the exact same thing. I logged on my paladin to check, almost got real worried :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rewyn View Post
    Hey guys..get this..

We just loss holy power off Judgement. So that leaves us with 1 real HP generator, and another on proc when Grand Crusader Procs.

I sorely hope that is a rather massive oversight.

Edit: talking out of my ass here, Judgement of the Bold was retri only. Ignore me.
    Protection Paladins have Judgements of the Wise, which causes Judgement to generate a holy power.

I wonder if DK's DS will multistrike and will gain additional healing, or just pure dmg.
    All in all, still looks like sheit stat.
    It would make sense for DS to be able to multi strike, as it is becoming an attack power based heal, so it would be like our Word of Glory, although it currently cannot crit, so that may be extended to multi strike as well.

So warriors are getting mastery as their focus, but already have a sizeably better benefit from crit, much more so than I ever see how getting. My qualms come from Grand Crusader, cause if anything that is our 'honey' to stack crit for more parry, but looking at it..

Ech? 30% chance of another chance to proc is very small indeed, and can only proc while your being attacked, unlike the warrior counter part which can proc when you are not the main tank (or being attacked by things that cannot be parried).

Fact it still references dodge, or Celestalon brought up 'well it procs if your missed' when raid bosses never 'miss' kind of makes me worried how out of touch he is.

Same person proposed and defended that we switch seals to go between CS and HoR, and not until everyone cried out was it changed. Same person defends/wont comment on Holy Wrath splitting damage between targets, and thinks the dodge component is fine despite the fact our dodge is more or less a static value now (agil will appear on none of our gear, dodge is no longer a stat).

Seems pretty illogical.

I still think that GC proccing off CS, HotR and maybe J crits would work. Gives crit an actual meaningful role (sorry, but giving parry chance is worth fuck all to me), and we get the benefit of GC while not tanking.

So warriors are getting mastery as their focus, but already have a sizeably better benefit from crit, much more so than I ever see how getting. My qualms come from Grand Crusader, cause if anything that is our 'honey' to stack crit for more parry, but looking at it..

Ech? 30% chance of another chance to proc is very small indeed, and can only proc while your being attacked, unlike the warrior counter part which can proc when you are not the main tank (or being attacked by things that cannot be parried).

Fact it still references dodge, or Celestalon brought up 'well it procs if your missed' when raid bosses never 'miss' kind of makes me worried how out of touch he is.

Same person proposed and defended that we switch seals to go between CS and HoR, and not until everyone cried out was it changed. Same person defends/wont comment on Holy Wrath splitting damage between targets, and thinks the dodge component is fine despite the fact our dodge is more or less a static value now (agil will appear on none of our gear, dodge is no longer a stat).

Seems pretty illogical.
    Don't bosses have a default 4-5% chance to miss? That's how it used to be anyway, though it might have changed. Keep in mind too, that we get parry equivalent to crit now, so stacking crit does give us some defense. I can't see it being as good as mastery or haste, but it's not a static value.

Quote Originally Posted by Anetulan View Post
    Don't bosses have a default 4-5% chance to miss? That's how it used to be anyway, though it might have changed. Keep in mind too, that we get parry equivalent to crit now, so stacking crit does give us some defense. I can't see it being as good as mastery or haste, but it's not a static value.
    Bosses do indeed have a chance to miss, as do all enemies. However, the level difference between the boss and the players is such that this chance to miss is cancelled out.

I'm confused by what a sizeable benefit from crit is for prot warriors other than the already known mechanics of crit to parry and bonus rage from crit procs. Which, the latter, we already have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I'm confused by what a sizeable benefit from crit is for prot warriors other than the already known mechanics of crit to parry and bonus rage from crit procs. Which, the latter, we already have.
    Enrage procs off Devastate and SS crits, which is functionally equivalent to having the WoG glyph proc off everything we do since Devastate is spammable. SS crits also proc a free HS. Even if this were not the case, it is still the case that warriors actually get resource generation from every stat now, whereas we get it solely from Haste.

The fact of the matter is that Haste is always going to be our go-to stat (barring insane overtuning of another stat) so long as the others provide no meaningful resource generation. If they were to up the proc chance of GC to, say, 50%, then perhaps it might be able to keep up with Mastery as our "secondary" stat, but as it looks so far we're going to avoid anything not labelled haste or mastery like the plague.

Looking at ret wod discussing and the amount of min-maxing that's going to be needed makes me feel happy to just not give a fuck about weapon.

Looking at ret wod discussing and the amount of min-maxing that's going to be needed makes me feel happy to just not give a fuck about weapon.
    I might just say "fuck it" and have two prot specs so I don't have to worry about that. Or perhaps I'll get back into PvP and have a holy spec for that.