I said it before the alpha, but don't be shocked to see Truth and Righteousness do more than a passive DoT/cleave. They've already make CS and HotR dependent of which seal you're in - would not be surprised to see TV and DS go the same route. They could also turn J into a tossable Consecrate and give Exo the DoT/Mass Exo treatment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dis aint a Damage Pass build.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    im a bit worried that all our damage will be from the execute phase just like warriors were for the first tier in mop, VERY shitty dps till execute then becoming # 1 in a few GCDs. i dont like that play idea

Also, how hard will hammer hit for with Holy avenger active? far as im aware it still boosts your generators by like 50% or something. So with 340% attack power hammer of wrath + whatever the % is for stacking AW and holy avenger means hammer could possibly one shot anyone in pvp and possibly make us so broken for burst fights.

Hammer of Wrath now scales with 320% of Spell Power, up from 268%.
    I'm conflicted about this. On one hand, I like HoW and it being a really hard hitting attack is appealing, but on the other hand it feels weird to have a builder (albeit one restricted by health percent and cd) hit harder than TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    I'm conflicted about this. On one hand, I like HoW and it being a really hard hitting attack is appealing, but on the other hand it feels weird to have a builder (albeit one restricted by health percent and cd) hit harder than TV.
    It's an execute ability. Execute abilities should be the hardest hitting abilities a class has. At least in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanos27 View Post
    It's an execute ability. Execute abilities should be the hardest hitting abilities a class has. At least in my opinion.
    Execute woes remembers.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I don't think HoW is actually getting that much of a buff. Remember, Inq is gone, so the ability doesn't get the +30% anymore. And 268% + 30% from Inq = 348,4% - so there's that. Though 1% weapon damage will be more in WoD than it is in MoP now... we'll see how much more damage a 320% HoW will do.

Oh and I really don't like the idea of tying HotR to Righteousness and CS to Truth that much. Doesn't make sense to me. I think they just do it for the sake of button bloat without considering the drawbacks of the additional GCD, as I can't imagine Blizzard removing the GCD on Seals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelemar View Post
    Oh and I really don't like the idea of tying HotR to Righteousness and CS to Truth that much. Doesn't make sense to me. I think they just do it for the sake of button bloat without considering the drawbacks of the additional GCD, as I can't imagine Blizzard removing the GCD on Seals.
    What's this then?

What's this then?
    What do you mean? I don't get what you're saying... sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly if they are tying CS to truth and HotR to Righteousness there is a very good chance that thy will do the same with TV/DS and for any sort of AOE we will need to seal swap.. and if they do indeed do this I hope the keybind auto changes to the appropriate skill so you don't need as many binds (IE: CS icon on yer bar changes to HoTR automatically , same with TV/DS when you change seals)

- - - Updated - - -

and honestly they may make SotR worth the GCD it may hit decently hard , we don't know yet.... maybe it adds a dot to all your targets hit with DS? who knows?
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelemar View Post
    What do you mean? I don't get what you're saying... sorry.
    What are they doing with those abilities?

If Hotr and Crusader strike are seal bound, what is going to happen with Seal of Justice? Are we just not going to be able to AoE in that Seal? Seeing as how it is a Ret only Seal I don't understand why they don't make that our go to dps seal instead of Truth. It would be nice if it was useful though.

Yeah, it does seem likely. However, they'd need to up the damage of SoR significantly to make up for the loss of the GCD. Even now, it's barely worth using because of the GCD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    If Hotr and Crusader strike are seal bound, what is going to happen with Seal of Justice? Are we just not going to be able to AoE in that Seal? Seeing as how it is a Ret only Seal I don't understand why they don't make that our go to dps seal instead of Truth. It would be nice if it was useful though.
    I...am not fond of locking an ability to a seal. Seems silly.

Warrior-Magi

What are they doing with those abilities?
    When in Seal of Truth, you can only use Crusader Strike and Templar's Verdict. When in Seal of Righteousness, CS becomes HotR and TV becomes DS. So in order to AoE, you need to switch Seals.

So you'll only be able to use certain abilities in certain seals? I thought they were trying to make classes LESS complex. What the hell are they doing over there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    never know they may remove justice and insight from ret , i mean insight is gutted for us now more or less so why have it , and they may baseline add a snare to judgment from justice
    New Ability: Renounce. When cast, Renounce permanently changes the Retribution Paladin into a Warrior and actually be able to dps worth a damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you'll only be able to use certain abilities in certain seals? I thought they were trying to make classes LESS complex. What the hell are they doing over there?
    I don't see this as complex. It's annoying is what it is. It explains the no Mana for seals but I don't know why they're thinking that.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just speculation at this point besides CS/HoTR , we don't know about TV/DS yet

I hope Judgment won't trigger a snare when in SoJ. Would rather see the red Judgment from WotLK being implementet again in Judgment of Justice. (For those who don't know - it limits the target's movement speed to 100%, so normal running speed basically)

As of right now, you could basically slap a baseline -50% movement speed when in PvP combat on everyone...