Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    3/10
    Positives;
    Normal and heroic raids where really good.
    Flex; good idea, but too late.
    New bgs, personally I didnt like them that much but any new bg is a big + regardless.

Negatives;
    Storyline and theme was gay as shit.
    Pet battles sucked. 5 mans sucked.
    Dailys sucked. The Tot quest hub sucked, the rare mob timeless isle sucked.
    World bosses was made far too easy.
    Isle of giants was okey, early oondrasta felt like a real 40 man but ppl outgeared it rather quickly.
    Pvp was aweful this expac. It started out really broken and went on to have constant back and forth changes that never really adressed the issue at hand.
    Instead their solutions created new issues, and the ball just kept on rolling with the devs constantly having to mend their own horrible game decisions.

It was allright until the shine wore off.

I don't like uplifting chinese music shoved down my throat every repeating minute. I don't like to be told to "slow down" or how I'm a bloodthirsty warmonger who'll never be on par with the self-righteous pandaren. I want my raids to have some sort of lore cohesion, instead of being the "house-cleaner" of all things bad in pandaria. In addition to that, Garrosh had very little character building and was always portrayed as a warmonger I'll eventually take care of. So, it was not excitement for SoO but rather "oh well, let's see what this raid looks like".

I don't like the grind. It became significantly MUCH worse this expansion: First the dailies, then the progression from LFR-Heroics, keeping your farm up to date, coin farming, pet battles (what do you do in your downtime? Here's another grind!), and legendary. In fact, legendary was the worst of all, you have so many avenues to grind for it that you felt that you had to do it all to stay up to date. Basically, to keep grinds in check, establish "walls" which won't burn out players because you can't expect them to have restrain when you're whole endgame is based around slaying the best monsters as fast as possible.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    3/10
    Positives;
    Normal and heroic raids where really good.
    Flex; good idea, but too late.
    New bgs, personally I didnt like them that much but any new bg is a big + regardless.

Negatives;
    Storyline and theme was gay as shit.
    Pet battles sucked. 5 mans sucked.
    Dailys sucked. The Tot quest hub sucked, the rare mob timeless isle sucked.
    World bosses was made far too easy.
    Isle of giants was okey, early oondrasta felt like a real 40 man but ppl outgeared it rather quickly.
    Pvp was aweful this expac. It started out really broken and went on to have constant back and forth changes that never really adressed the issue at hand.
    Instead their solutions created new issues, and the ball just kept on rolling with the devs constantly having to mend their own horrible game decisions.
    Oh look, that's your credibility vanishing! That said, that's a lot of stuff that sucked, you sound very openminded and positive...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lareeyon View Post
    It was allright until the shine wore off.

I don't like uplifting chinese music shoved down my throat every repeating minute. I don't like to be told to "slow down" or how I'm a bloodthirsty warmonger who'll never be on par with the self-righteous pandaren. I want my raids to have some sort of lore cohesion, instead of being the "house-cleaner" of all things bad in pandaria. In addition to that, Garrosh had very little character building and was always portrayed as a warmonger I'll eventually take care of. So, it was not excitement for SoO but rather "oh well, let's see what this raid looks like".

I don't like the grind. It became significantly MUCH worse this expansion: First the dailies, then the progression from LFR-Heroics, keeping your farm up to date, coin farming, pet battles (what do you do in your downtime? Here's another grind!), and legendary. In fact, legendary was the worst of all, you have so many avenues to grind for it that you felt that you had to do it all to stay up to date. Basically, to keep grinds in check, establish "walls" which won't burn out players because you can't expect them to have restrain when you're whole endgame is based around slaying the best monsters as fast as possible.
    Sounds like you should read a quest or two now and then...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    2.5/10

Positives:
    - New BGs (even though they suck)
    - New Arena (even though it sucks)
    - MMR actually being reset (should be mandatory)
    - Some actions against cheaters (should be mandatory)

Negatives:
    - Pandaria
    - Panda model (Literally just as godawful as Worgen with the constant :3)
    - Boring Lore
    - Boring Theme
    - The character progression (DAILYS SOLVES EVERYTHING!)
    - Easy 5 mans (normal and heroics)
    - Uninspiring and boring raids and bosses in raids
    - Monks and the class imbalance that follows it (Not just monk specifically, but the synergies as well)
    - Band-aid fixes for PVP
    - Contradicting reasoning behind talent changes, the results are just what they wanted to go away from in the first place
    - One of the most imbalanced and over the top seasons ever in WoW history
    - Legendary quest line barely felt legendary at all, could have been skipped all together if it was going to be such a boring item anyway

I would have rather been rotting in Dragon Soul until now tbh!
    Last edited by mmoc3f6ff16fa0; 2014-03-06 at 11:24 AM.

it was okayish. started out good. alot to do but with most features tuned to easy..
    Tot raid was great, but teh dailys got 3x more boring when blizz gave in to all the QQ and removed any rewards from reputation..
    SoO raid was okay but most bosses eve on heroic felt undertuned.. and timeless isle was great for gearing alts but didnt keep my main char busy for more then a fiew hours.. oh and it sucked that blizz spoiled the suprise and announced that soo whould be the last raid so long be4hand..

overall an okayish expansion about as good as or mby slightly better then wotlk, but not as good as tbc or vanilla due to being to easy in general.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2014-03-06 at 11:19 AM.

Deleted
    The best expansion for me so far, PVP could have been better, but meeeh.
    Loved raiding content, it's what makes a good expansion for me personally.

Deleted
    7/10

85-90 leveling was really good. I actually did enjoy it for the first time, and for the second time and even for the third time. The quests are just so great.
    As I hit 90 I realized that my life would have gone away if I wanted to progress in PvE right there. I mean the dailies, the reputation grinding for every faction was the biggest negative. After that became unnecessary the game became much more fun.
    Raiding is cool, SoO has became one of my all-time favourite raids. ToT and Terrace were fine as well.
    Timeless Isle. Nah. Still don't like the idea. However it gave a boost to fresh 90's so it' fine.
    PvP wise I cannot really say anything, I've done some arenas back when Tyrannical was the conquest gear, but I didn't really PvP now.
    Legendary questline. If I were active during the whole expansion I wouldn't say it was a bad thing. I came back not so long ago and I couldn't find a guild for a month because I don't have my leg-back yet. Damned setback.

5/10, filler episode of TV series

MoP without the forced chinese theme would've been 10/10
    With the theme... hell the theme alone makes me hate its guts.

Do not get me wrong, it's not the pandas, but how they made them too chinese.

10+ Year Old Account
    8/10 Really enjoyed everything so far but not giving a 10 because the hyper love for everything might be caused by how awful Cata was to me.

Compared to other expansions: 4/10. This is by far the worst expansion to date, in my eyes at least.

Compared to other video games in general: 8/10. No matter the state of the game compared to how it used to be, it still blows most others away.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it was a solid 8/10, it was great but not perfect.

However I'd say I rate all of the game (classic to MoP) as 8/10 except Cata which scores a little lower.

This is because I am not comparing each to "how I remember other expansions", I compare it to "how much I enjoy other games I play(ed) at the same time".
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

I'll rate every expansion in a quick way:

Vanilla: 8.5/10
    Bit hard to rate this one, but as a whole new game it was simply phenominal. 8 new races, plenty of classes, an entire world to explore, had the best 5-man dungeon design of the game, raids were done quite well (especially for their time) and I loved raiding 40 man. Also classic AV

TBC: 8/10
    Second best expansion. Did a great job introducing draenei and blood elves into the game, both had a great starting experience and they weren't forgotten in the end game unlike goblin and worgen. The raids were a bit uninspired, but I loved the new 10/25 setting that made raiding a lot more accesible. Attunements were done well, jewelcrafting and gems were a nice addition, the whole Outland continent was okay (quite bland at a lot of parts). Their main villain Illidan was done pretty poor and hardly appeared in the game untill Black Temple got released. 5-mans were a nice challenge, but their designs are uninspired.

WotLK: 9/10
    Best expansion of the game. Northrend is a large and beautifull new continent, the story was at its absolute best with all the Scourge, paladin, titans, Old God and dragonflight stuff. Arthas is easily the best villain the Warcraft series ever had. 5-mans got tuned down a lot, but they are some of the best looking dungeons. The game got a lot more casual friendly, which isn't necessarily a bad thing at all. The hardcore crowd is at best only 5% of the playerbase anyway. The death knight class was an amazing addition to the game, altrough a bit OP at the beginning. They did have a kickass starting zone, and it felt like a nice change fighting for a faction that isn't Alliance or Horde. The raiding was at its best in this expansion imo, and Ulduar and ICC are my 2 favorite raids ever.

Cata: 4/10
    Worst expansion of the game, and funnily enough the most hyped by the playerbase (because of either the very long patch 3.3 that sticked around or the revamped 1-60). The only thing I really liked in this expansion were the new playable goblin and worgen, I really liked both their starting zones aswell (except see'ing Thrall in the goblin one). Everything else is basically a step down in this expansion. Raids felt uninspired, we were fighting old bosses again with just a newer skin (Nefarian, Onyxia, Sinestra, Ragnaros). The 5 man dungeons were hard again but that was a bad thing, most of the raids were incredibly boring and dungeons like Votex Pinnacle with its thrash just PAINFULL. I did like transmogrification, guess this feature and the 2 new races is what gave this expansion a 4/10. Also the final raid and Deathwing were both just TERRIBLE.

MoP: 7/10
    Second worst expansion of the game. I did like finally see'ing pandaren, but once I got into their story I just didn't care for them at all. Names like ''Great Black Ox'' and ''Great White Tiger'' are names you'd expect to see in a kids cartoon, together with some of the new minions like virmens and hozen. I liked the improved storytelling in the game but its sad that I just mostly didn't care for it, and some of my least favorite characters kept getting the spotlight. The raids felt pretty bland, even SoO and ToT. The 5 mans are a complete joke and they might aswell have left them all out. Scenario's is a terrible extra feature, I did sink in some time in pet battles though.Flex raiding is one of the best additions in the game, but the worst thing of the game is all the dailies at the beginning. Timeless Isle is a mixed bag, but I can see why it has gained the nickname ''MINDless Isle''...

If I go for
    Vanilla 8/10
    TBC 8/10
    WOTLK 9/10
    Cata 2/10

Ill give mop 7/10 for great PvE content, and overall fun expansion, HATE the chinese/panda/childish/ NON-Warcraft Theme, but still was good fun.

By far the best expansion so far, even though i really liked the TBC raids like BT and sunwell. This is a lot more polished, well thought out and it just feels more complete and finished overall. msv/toes/hof was "ok" at best, but I would rank ToT and SoO among the top 3 along with ulduar.
    ps: only talking about pve atm as I rarely ever do anything besides that and lvling.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'll rate every expansion in a quick way:

Vanilla: 8.5/10
    Bit hard to rate this one, but as a whole new game it was simply phenominal. 8 new races, plenty of classes, an entire world to explore, had the best 5-man dungeon design of the game, raids were done quite well (especially for their time) and I loved raiding 40 man. Also classic AV

TBC: 8/10
    Second best expansion. Did a great job introducing draenei and blood elves into the game, both had a great starting experience and they weren't forgotten in the end game unlike goblin and worgen. The raids were a bit uninspired, but I loved the new 10/25 setting that made raiding a lot more accesible. Attunements were done well, jewelcrafting and gems were a nice addition, the whole Outland continent was okay (quite bland at a lot of parts). Their main villain Illidan was done pretty poor and hardly appeared in the game untill Black Temple got released. 5-mans were a nice challenge, but their designs are uninspired.

WotLK: 9/10
    Best expansion of the game. Northrend is a large and beautifull new continent, the story was at its absolute best with all the Scourge, paladin, titans, Old God and dragonflight stuff. Arthas is easily the best villain the Warcraft series ever had. 5-mans got tuned down a lot, but they are some of the best looking dungeons. The game got a lot more casual friendly, which isn't necessarily a bad thing at all. The hardcore crowd is at best only 5% of the playerbase anyway. The death knight class was an amazing addition to the game, altrough a bit OP at the beginning. They did have a kickass starting zone, and it felt like a nice change fighting for a faction that isn't Alliance or Horde. The raiding was at its best in this expansion imo, and Ulduar and ICC are my 2 favorite raids ever.

Cata: 4/10
    Worst expansion of the game, and funnily enough the most hyped by the playerbase (because of either the very long patch 3.3 that sticked around or the revamped 1-60). The only thing I really liked in this expansion were the new playable goblin and worgen, I really liked both their starting zones aswell (except see'ing Thrall in the goblin one). Everything else is basically a step down in this expansion. Raids felt uninspired, we were fighting old bosses again with just a newer skin (Nefarian, Onyxia, Sinestra, Ragnaros). The 5 man dungeons were hard again but that was a bad thing, most of the raids were incredibly boring and dungeons like Votex Pinnacle with its thrash just PAINFULL. I did like transmogrification, guess this feature and the 2 new races is what gave this expansion a 4/10. Also the final raid and Deathwing were both just TERRIBLE.

MoP: 7/10
    Second worst expansion of the game. I did like finally see'ing pandaren, but once I got into their story I just didn't care for them at all. Names like ''Great Black Ox'' and ''Great White Tiger'' are names you'd expect to see in a kids cartoon, together with some of the new minions like virmens and hozen. I liked the improved storytelling in the game but its sad that I just mostly didn't care for it, and some of my least favorite characters kept getting the spotlight. The raids felt pretty bland, even SoO and ToT. The 5 mans are a complete joke and they might aswell have left them all out. Scenario's is a terrible extra feature, I did sink in some time in pet battles though.Flex raiding is one of the best additions in the game, but the worst thing of the game is all the dailies at the beginning. Timeless Isle is a mixed bag, but I can see why it has gained the nickname ''MINDless Isle''...
    To be fair, that weren't their names, but their titles.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

To me MoP blows every previous expansion completely out of the water and i expect WoD to do the same. 9,9/10 would have been a 10/10 if the heroics were a tiny bit harder and if 5.3 had been a daily hub instead of the barrens event.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2014-03-06 at 11:39 AM.

Content itself was ok. Raids were great, worst 5-man content to date.
    The new ability tree is too intuitive and doesn't offer enough versatility to make creating a character interesting. I thought Cata did it right, but I'm probably in the minority here. With the new tree you just end up swapping one or two talents around for a fight here and there with the rest being cookie cutter.
    Monks are fun. Pandaria is beautiful. The story is uninteresting and feels detached from Azeroth and the Warcraft we know.
    My biggest hang up is that we now have 4 difficulty tiers per raid.

No other expansion has ever gotten me to stop playing, so a 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    if 5.3 had been a daily hub instead of the barrens event.
    had been a daily hub instead
    a daily hub instead
    daily hub
    daily
    hub
    Wow...

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Infracted, post constructively.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-03-07 at 07:56 AM.