Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    For me it's around 6.5/10 I liked the new zone and all the scenarios most, but the heroic dungeons got to easy with the people that got top tier gear and seem to solo the entire dungeons themselves. Raiding is awesome and never a dull day except for wipe nights :P

Deleted
    Tbh I don't like this expansion at all. The raids don't look epic imo, pvp is imbalanced and hotfixes just never come (s15 is s14 all over again because they're only going to change things in WOD) and it's just frustrating (as a destro lock even more). Timeless isle was ok if you weren't on some high pop server with bloody coin farmers all around.
    No new dungeons at the end of the expansion (like zul gurub/zul aman, well of eternity etc).

Comparing to other expansions i'm going to rate it like a 5/10. compared to other games it's still high.

MoP was great for gameplay. Quick patches until the end (but SoO is dragging, as expected). Overall the gameplay itself was solid.

But very lackluster and cheesy in the environment and story. Pandarens can go fuck themselves, honestly. I don't give 2 fucks what anyone else thinks. It was corny Asian themed bullshit topped with cliched stereotypes. I won't miss Pandaria nor do I care what happens after we leave it. Nothing memorable about it. Good riddance. Can't wait to leave this shit scenery and forgettable bullshit behind. It was a money grab for the asian market that fell short.

Thankfully, they're getting back on track with WoD. Real warcraft, not some stupid in-joke in the barrens that somehow became an xpac.
    Last edited by Coldhearth; 2014-03-06 at 08:40 AM.

Deleted
    Story 4/10: pandaland was overall boring and predictable. The only decent thing was the story of voljin becoming warchief and the ways to it.
    Graphics 2/10: little to no updates, zones looked boring and empty, only thunder isle was nice looking overall.
    Music: yeah, chinese 5/10 i guess can't do anything bad
    pve: uneventful and no impacts on me in the long term, bosses were simply a ilvl check and the game is basicly ilvl simulator, making islands appear out of nowhere to compensate pandalands failure was a bad more 3/10 i liked soo but was too long
    pvp: battlegrounds are fantastic i really liked them as a casual pvper. really new mechanics and objectives i think they did an awesome job with this, on pvp class systems however: stunned, silenced, rooted, stunned, polymorphed, stunned 7/10

overall 3/10 filler expansion, can't wait for wod to take us away from the childish lightweight game we're playing now.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waubice View Post
    What do you guys think about mop, 1-10?
    8/10

Points deducted for:
    * Overarch felt like a sideshow in the WoW story.
    * First raid tier had pointless gating.
    * Durumu
    * Garalon
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

4/10.

I believe I am uniquely qualified to give a ranking, since I have been playing this game for quite a long time, have dabbled in all aspects of the game, and have all 11 classes to level 90.

This expansion for the most part was garbage. Here's a breakdown

Talents/classes - 2/10 The talent system revamp screwed up way more than it fixed. I think most people don't quite realize what a cluster-F blizzard made with the talent system. There was only 1 class that was left mostly alone, and that was rogue, and rogue is the one class where you don't see a crapstorm of whining on the class forums based on class mechanics.

Leveling 1.45/10 - The leveling was okay-ish, the first time through. I'd give leveling alone maybe a 6/10. Some cute moments, nice rewards, nice XP gains doing quests in dungeons, things like that. Where it gets knocked down is the no flying thing. Completely, absolutely, and totally unacceptable, such that leveling 10 more times through is a 1/10, so if we average [(1 x 10) + 6]/110 = 16/110 = .145 x 10/10 = 1.45/10. So 1.45/10 for leveling. Yeah, it was that awful. Compared to cata, where you could breeze by and really choose where you go, and had more dungeon options, or wrath, where you had 3 of the absolute best quest chains the game has ever seen (wrathgate, mathias lerner, bridenbrad, not to mention thorim and sholazar's lore).

Story - 2/10. Garrosh is the worst character in the history of the game. Very little in the pandaria story made you give a crap about any of it. The opening scene on both sides of horde and alliance were fantastic, so I give some credit there, but everything out of the starting area was just one log slog through the mud.

pvp - 4/10. Decent. Button bloat and class systems really screwed up pvp in mop though, on top of the fact that gear differentials also really screwed up mop

art/graphics/style - 8/10. Let's face it, pandaria is kind of pretty, as were many of the dungeons and whatnot. Some of the tier sets left much to be desired though.

world pve (max level) - -9 billion/10. Blizzard said "Me mortar, you players are herbs, i grind you to dust." If blizz wants to know why they lost 2+ million subs, there you go blizz. Keep on not giving flying, keep on giving people poor incentives to do crappy rep grinds and mob grinds for low-drop rate items. You listened to your "hardcore everquest base" type players, and that's where it got you. Guaranteed another 20% loss in WoD with a continuation of this policy.

dungeons/scenarios - 8/10. The biggest problem was not enough dungeons. Challenge modes were a great addition to the game, as was proving grounds and brawler's guild. 5mans were just fine in their current state, people who whine how they are "lolezmode" frankly are completely out of their mind, because 5mans never have rewarded the best gear, but have always been a nice, fun way to play team wow, kill some bosses, and collect some loot/crafting mats in a stress-free way. Anyone whining about how they are easy has zero ground to stand on due to challenge modes, which are definitely not easy. Again, lack of increased 5mans in WoD is concerning.

Raids- 7/10. T14 was average. Not terrible, not great, however T14 was significantly hampered by blizzard's asinine decision to make leveling a crazy grind and no flying, meaning alts and alt pug raiding was almost unheard of in T14. T15, on the other hand, was awesome. T16 was very good, but certain imbalances and frankly boring encounters made it just kind of "meh," when compared to raids like ICC and Black Temple. For an end of raid expansion, it was a bit of a letdown (although of course way better than dragon soul). Flex was also a win.

The reason I think people are ranking MoP higher than I am is the recency effect of raids and dungeons becoming much more casual friendly. MoP was definitely a success from the "instanced PvE" standpoint. It was decently successful in pvp, and looked pretty nice. It was a complete and utter failure in every other way I can think of. The class changes and talent system were absolutely horrendous (except for warlocks ofc, and the lack of changes to rogues made them way better than everyone except locks), the insane grind drive so many people out of the game, and leveling for the many of us who are altoholics was absolutely atrocious.

Deleted
    2/10 hate pandas

I'd say atleast an 8/10. I had a blast all throughout the expansion and the Asian feel of the zones quickly grew on me. I loved the storyline and the escalation between the Horde and Alliance and I loved how beautiful and polished everything looked. It was one of my favorites and I'll honestly be sad to see it go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    At night, I look upon potatoes with lust in my eyes.

I feel the first tier was quite weak for raiding, usually I love the first tier of an expansion, being forced to raid in blue gear and what not, but MSV, HoF, and ToES left a bad taste in my mouth when they were done with.

probably 8/10 with Cata being a 5 to 6/10(DS really ruined cata for me, the other raids weren't half bad though) and wrath being a 8/10 as well, I didn't play TBC or Vanilla so I can't say but I haven't heard good things about Vanilla and from seeing TBC videos I don't believe I'd have enjoyed it.

Throne of Thunder was MoP's highest point in my opinion, difficult in normal and a very good challenge in heroic, RPPM Trinkets weren't half bad (when you compare them to our 15% proc trinkets atm) Many interesting classes were best for play and trinkets added fun flavor. Some of the best fights (Lei-shen, Dark Animus, Megaera, and Horridon).

SoO is very... meh not really a bad raiding tier but really lacked flavor in my opinion the tier started amazing in the beta but when they broke everything on release (Changing tier sets, how trinkets worked, changing cloaks, nerfing the fun specs and buffing the retard proof ones) it kind of suddenly felt gross, the fights weren't bad but they weren't exactly interesting. Plus 5.4 came with less content to work with and pretty much was a raid tier and a catch up island.

10+ Year Old Account
    Minus five stars.

Hated it. Preferred Cataclysm.

I was so excited when the expansion hit... Then the music started, then the endless monkeys, then my first ever MoP instance which was Stormstout Brewery. Lost all excitement, wonderment, immersion and interest in the expansion then.

Deleted
    Vanilla 10/10
    TBC: 4/10
    WotLK: 9/10
    Cata: 2/10
    MoP: 9/10

for me, it was the best xpac since wrath. really enjoyed it & like wrath, did everything in the game i set out to do.
    Last edited by mmoc4e24d898ce; 2014-03-06 at 06:12 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    4/10.

I believe I am uniquely qualified to give a ranking, since I have been playing this game for quite a long time, have dabbled in all aspects of the game, and have all 11 classes to level 90.

This expansion for the most part was garbage. Here's a breakdown

Talents/classes - 2/10 The talent system revamp screwed up way more than it fixed. I think most people don't quite realize what a cluster-F blizzard made with the talent system. There was only 1 class that was left mostly alone, and that was rogue, and rogue is the one class where you don't see a crapstorm of whining on the class forums based on class mechanics.

Leveling 1.45/10 - The leveling was okay-ish, the first time through. I'd give leveling alone maybe a 6/10. Some cute moments, nice rewards, nice XP gains doing quests in dungeons, things like that. Where it gets knocked down is the no flying thing. Completely, absolutely, and totally unacceptable, such that leveling 10 more times through is a 1/10, so if we average [(1 x 10) + 6]/110 = 16/110 = .145 x 10/10 = 1.45/10. So 1.45/10 for leveling. Yeah, it was that awful. Compared to cata, where you could breeze by and really choose where you go, and had more dungeon options, or wrath, where you had 3 of the absolute best quest chains the game has ever seen (wrathgate, mathias lerner, bridenbrad, not to mention thorim and sholazar's lore).

Story - 2/10. Garrosh is the worst character in the history of the game. Very little in the pandaria story made you give a crap about any of it. The opening scene on both sides of horde and alliance were fantastic, so I give some credit there, but everything out of the starting area was just one log slog through the mud.

pvp - 4/10. Decent. Button bloat and class systems really screwed up pvp in mop though, on top of the fact that gear differentials also really screwed up mop

art/graphics/style - 8/10. Let's face it, pandaria is kind of pretty, as were many of the dungeons and whatnot. Some of the tier sets left much to be desired though.

world pve (max level) - -9 billion/10. Blizzard said "Me mortar, you players are herbs, i grind you to dust." If blizz wants to know why they lost 2+ million subs, there you go blizz. Keep on not giving flying, keep on giving people poor incentives to do crappy rep grinds and mob grinds for low-drop rate items. You listened to your "hardcore everquest base" type players, and that's where it got you. Guaranteed another 20% loss in WoD with a continuation of this policy.

dungeons/scenarios - 8/10. The biggest problem was not enough dungeons. Challenge modes were a great addition to the game, as was proving grounds and brawler's guild. 5mans were just fine in their current state, people who whine how they are "lolezmode" frankly are completely out of their mind, because 5mans never have rewarded the best gear, but have always been a nice, fun way to play team wow, kill some bosses, and collect some loot/crafting mats in a stress-free way. Anyone whining about how they are easy has zero ground to stand on due to challenge modes, which are definitely not easy. Again, lack of increased 5mans in WoD is concerning.

Raids- 7/10. T14 was average. Not terrible, not great, however T14 was significantly hampered by blizzard's asinine decision to make leveling a crazy grind and no flying, meaning alts and alt pug raiding was almost unheard of in T14. T15, on the other hand, was awesome. T16 was very good, but certain imbalances and frankly boring encounters made it just kind of "meh," when compared to raids like ICC and Black Temple. For an end of raid expansion, it was a bit of a letdown (although of course way better than dragon soul). Flex was also a win.

The reason I think people are ranking MoP higher than I am is the recency effect of raids and dungeons becoming much more casual friendly. MoP was definitely a success from the "instanced PvE" standpoint. It was decently successful in pvp, and looked pretty nice. It was a complete and utter failure in every other way I can think of. The class changes and talent system were absolutely horrendous (except for warlocks ofc, and the lack of changes to rogues made them way better than everyone except locks), the insane grind drive so many people out of the game, and leveling for the many of us who are altoholics was absolutely atrocious.
    ... Or you know, different opinions... I for one disagree with just about every thing you wrote, and that has nothing to do with how "casual friendly" things were. In fact, one of the original complaints about MoP was, that it wasn't very casual nor alt friendly until 5.4. So yeah...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    Minus five stars.

Hated it. Preferred Cataclysm.

I was so excited when the expansion hit... Then the music started, then the endless monkeys, then my first ever MoP instance which was Stormstout Brewery. Lost all excitement, wonderment, immersion and interest in the expansion then.
    And yet, despite all that, you kept playing till the point where you now have 8 level 90's... Surely, not playing would've been better no?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    4/10.

What? Not sure if you're either implying that you are the only one that is qualified to give the expansion a rating or that your opinion is more important because you've grinded through Pandaria numerous times.
    Anyway besides that I read all your points, what is the issue with Talents? I think Blizzard had to cut them down because having 81 talent points would have been an even bigger cluster-f. I thought the whole point of the talent tree now was that you could pretty much pick whatever talents you wanted without needing a cookie cutter talent tree as was required (albeit there is still to an extent but it is completely up to the player in terms of choice). I guess maybe if it's a point I heard a while back about leveling up feeling rewarding because you gained a new talent every level?

What's wrong with raids being casual friendly? A lot of people (like myself) don't necessarily have a lot of time to play WoW due to Uni work and i'm perfectly happy if Blizzard (which they are doing next xpac), implement a system similar to D and D whereby there are various levels of difficulty in raids (LFR / Norm / Heroic / Mythic / Flexible) This means anyone can get into raiding ^^ be they casuals, hardcore or somewhere in the middle.

I enjoyed the first release week of 5.0. Leveling felt pretty decent. After hitting 90 there were only dailies and a handful of shitty heroic dungeons to do to gear for raid. So I quit directly after that. I give it a 0/10.

Classic: 7/10 (new bonus included)
    BC: 8/10 (loved the heroics and pvp & gear style & environment style in general)
    Lich King 9/10 (Lich King for a WC3 Player, nothing more to say)
    Cata 8/10 at start ... 2/10 what they made during the expansion (pvp totally broken, implementing afk-finder, rated bg was a nice thing though)
    MoP 0/10 (500k honorable kill achievement not implemented, gear sets look HORRIBLE, new spells meh)
    WoD (prediction) 3/10 (the only thing that sounds a little bit interesting is that new Alterac-like big PvP zone, nothing else sounds good so far)

The biggest downside for me is though that they didn't double or even triple the art team to design more fantastic armor. I just don't like the style of the pandaria armor, EVERYTHING looks the same in like 56 different colors. Being able to transmog old stuff was maybe fun for a short time in Cata but they just got "lazy" on building new stylish armor pieces.

Thank you NCsoft for Wildstar the Beta is awesome so far!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by sungrassTV View Post
    I enjoyed the first release week of 5.0. Leveling felt pretty decent. After hitting 90 there were only dailies and a handful of shitty heroic dungeons to do to gear for raid. So I quit directly after that. I give it a 0/10.

Classic: 7/10 (new bonus included)
    BC: 8/10 (loved the heroics and pvp & gear style & environment style in general)
    Lich King 9/10 (Lich King for a WC3 Player, nothing more to say)
    Cata 8/10 at start ... 2/10 what they made during the expansion (pvp totally broken, implementing afk-finder, rated bg was a nice thing though)
    MoP 0/10 (500k honorable kill achievement not implemented, gear sets look HORRIBLE, new spells meh)
    WoD (prediction) 3/10 (the only thing that sounds a little bit interesting is that new Alterac-like big PvP zone, nothing else sounds good so far)

The biggest downside for me is though that they didn't double or even triple the art team to design more fantastic armor. I just don't like the style of the pandaria armor, EVERYTHING looks the same in like 56 different colors. Being able to transmog old stuff was maybe fun for a short time in Cata but they just got "lazy" on building new stylish armor pieces.

Thank you NCsoft for Wildstar the Beta is awesome so far!
    Hate to break it to you, but that's just not factual. They *did* increase the art team, hell they increased ALL the teams. And everything did not look the same. Sure, quest rewards did, but that's the way it's been since Wotlk, 2-3 different styles per armor class and then 3-4 different colour schemes. Tier sets looked unique and PvP sets looked unique and CM sets looked unique, sure they had recolours for each version, but that's the way it's been since TBC (granted the TBC tier sets colour schemes weren't based upon raid difficulity, but rather if they were off pieces or actual tier pieces or even pvp pieces).

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    So many people here rating it on their opinions and what they hate. Not on how it is as a game.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    I give it an arbitrary 8.2 Chump Fists, tempered by 3.4/2.19 Gurgle Finks - in the context of 12.76a-b Sizzle Butts.

But that's just me, perhaps you are of the school of Holy Wortniks (if so, I'd say 12 Scriptures of Twinkle Banding).

Deleted
    in my book it's an 8 now but if they make soo to be icc 2.0 it would be a 5 for me.

Deleted
    7/10.

It has been a good run but it still aint BC/WOTLK material.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but that's just not factual. They *did* increase the art team, hell they increased ALL the teams. And everything did not look the same. Sure, quest rewards did, but that's the way it's been since Wotlk, 2-3 different styles per armor class and then 3-4 different colour schemes. Tier sets looked unique and PvP sets looked unique and CM sets looked unique, sure they had recolours for each version, but that's the way it's been since TBC (granted the TBC tier sets colour schemes weren't based upon raid difficulity, but rather if they were off pieces or actual tier pieces or even pvp pieces).

That's your opinion but I puked when I read this a couple of weeks ago:

PvP Season 15 Begins
    Season 15 gear uses the same models as Season 14, but with different colors available to each faction.

Well okay they have all their efforts on the new expansion obviously.