Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    As a PvEer, I hate PvP metas for Children's Week. I think it is pretty ridiculous to have to step foot into a BG just to complete an achievement.
    You have cleary never beat a premade that shit is way harder then lfr.

The ones that like ganking, getting easy kills or still need some achievements must love it. The ones that want their team to win on top of killing players probably like it less. Either way both sides get flooded with people that never pvp and only want to do it for the quests/achievements.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

When I did PvP at bit more seriously in Wrath I loved it. Me and a couple of friends would queue BGs nonstop and just win at least 80% of the games. Odds are we would outnumber the other faction assuming an equal number of achievement only people. One 5man group of geared people (PvE gear for the BGs ofc) made a huge difference. Wasn't too hard carrying.

Now that I don't PvP, I can't really comment. Did my achievement in 2009 I think. Wasn't too bad then. Now with the base resil I can imagine it isn't as bad as Cata/earlier in MoP at least.

For people complaining that you need to do PvP: It's not a "PvE" achievement. It's just an achievement in world exploration. BGs are part of the "world" and thus should be explored, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

I hated it as a player who does both because people would purposely screw you over while you were trying to do that.

Guess what guys? If you don't like PvE players being there, then if you let them finish it, they won't have to go there the next BG!

Yep. It's the one holiday where I avoid Battlegrounds like the plague. It's bad enough getting people to do the objectives on a normal day. Getting PvE'ers desperate for an achievement to try to win rather than keep going for the Flag, that they can't cap without a base? Fuck it, not worth the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Guess what guys? If you don't like PvE players being there, then if you let them finish it, they won't have to go there the next BG!
    Perhaps, but as always it often feels like it's only your team that's trying to rush for achievements, and as a result lose tremendously. How do you "let them get their achievement" when they're making it impossible for themselves?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess they hate it as much as PvEers.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's annoying, but it's not something i'd be overly pissed about. I'm aware people are going to be queing more often... but if it looks like my team won't win, i'll just ignore the concepts of the BG and just go off killing random people. I can still go 24-2 if my team loses, which is still fun... I just don't get as much honor which isn't hit or miss.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    As a PvEer, I hate PvP metas for Children's Week. I think it is pretty ridiculous to have to step foot into a BG just to complete an achievement.
    As a PvPer, I hate PvE everything for forever. I think it is pretty ridiculous to have to step foot into PvE just to pay my repair bills, enchant my gear, gem my gear and level my professions (and do raids when pve gear is competitive.

K can we stop the self pity thing now.

10+ Year Old Account
    dunno maybe bots in random bgs hate it , its not happening in my rbgs or arenas

No it isn't noticeable as most people in bgs are already being carried.

If you're trying to win the BGs Children's Week is terrible. But if you just want to gank people and not care about the BG it's a great time to get your gank on. Lots of no geared (pvp) people running around.

My (limited) experience has been that PvPers hate everything, not just Children's Week.

I will never understand this kind of talk. I do random bgs for gear up, and i go try to solo content.
    I don't like raids, and i never do rated ones. Who am i ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravestriel View Post
    I will never understand this kind of talk. I do random bgs for gear up, and i go try to solo content.
    I don't like raids, and i never do rated ones. Who am i ?
    Unusual. There are also people who only do dungeons, and I am equally puzzled by them. It isn't bad that you enjoy this or anything, but it seems to cut out so much of the end-game that Blizzard designed to funnel players into I wonder how rewarding it can actually be? Still, if you enjoy it that is obviously "enjoyable enough"

Normal BGs are like LFR

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Normal BGs are like LFR
    Somewhat true. You really do need a trinket though, which luckily, only costs about 50-100g on the Auction House. The problem with random battlegrounds: most only support 10/15 people. While LFR supports 25. So if you have 3-5 PvEers who absolutely loathe PvP and refuse to even read a little bit about it, there's almost no chance you're going to win.

Deleted
    PvPers are used to play with bots, why would they care when PVErs "invade" their BG. Nobody takes random BGs seriously.
    PVErs don't care when PVPers invade their LFR.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    Same way its rediculous to have to kill Pve bosses for other holiday thongs. It's all a part of the game
    (shudders at the thought of a thong as a piece of gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I hated it as a player who does both because people would purposely screw you over while you were trying to do that.

yeah this would be they I would think if I was a pvper

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telwar View Post
    (shudders at the thought of a thong as a piece of gear)

...wait what?

Anyway... I don't really hate PvEers in PvP during children's week... because that means they're also on the enemy team... Ripe for the slaughter!

Oh, also, horde have to come out of hiding and actually do AV. Makes that more fun for sure.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.