Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down there should be NO option for old models

the old models are crap. the new models are awesome. all npc's and players should be using the new models. having cohesion in the game is really important.

why is blizzard making such a nooby decision with this?

it's 2014, time to move on.
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 2014-03-07 at 09:04 AM.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    This options is personal, and wont affect anyone, except the person who turned them off.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because the newer models will affect performance for pcs with lower specifications.

Turning them off is only for people with shitty PCs, if you turn them on every single character will have the new models on your screen.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    Does that option hurt anyone? I don't understand your problem.
    Ever thought of people having different preferences?

Not just people with old pc, but those who grown attached to their characters look and transmog

yea except for the option thats in the menu already.... do some research.

Its only for you, your pc, turning them on or off wont cause other people to see your preference.

So I select "old Models", this is not forced onto other players. It' just what I will see with every model. It is a graphical setting like changing the water from its original form to the new shader type"
    Last edited by MajesticMrZombie; 2014-03-07 at 09:10 AM.

obvious troll thread is obvious

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-03-07 at 02:45 PM.

It's 2014, time to move on from PCs that still run the game and don't need to be upgraded...?

How about no?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

What needs to change is people assuming that this option will make it so all of the characters on their screen are new and awesome and then this lowly orc hunter with the old model comes walking in and ruins the moment. If you have the new models on that orc hunter will be a new model too, even if that person turned the new models off.

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    obvious troll thread is obvious
    It's a Ron Burgandy thread. Pretty sure that is all you really need to know.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-03-07 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    the old models are crap. the new models are awesome. all npc's and players should be using the new models. having cohesion in the game is really important.

At least understand what the option does before you make a mouth-frothing post. The old model option doesn't affect you if someone else uses it. You'll still see all the new models everywhere, including the person who selected the old model option. It's only that person who sees everything as the old models. New and old models will not co-exist.

As for why it exists, there are reasons such as giving the players an option to see their character the way they want to see it, maybe they don't like the new re-design and Blizzard doesn't want them to feel like they "lost" their character. There's also the frame-rate issue which can be a real issue to some people.

Flamebait, as usual. When are the mods on this site going to sack up and ban you?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-03-07 at 10:22 PM.

Deleted
    b8 thread
    /10char

Contribute constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-03-07 at 02:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Flamebait, as usual. When are the mods on this site going to sack up and ban you?
    What about banning all brainwashed fanboys instead?

Post constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-03-07 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    What about banning all brainwashed fanboys instead?
    I must say that in this case there is no need for the fanboys....the option will be personal, if I turn the option ON only I will see the old models.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I can't understand how some of you can have THAT shitty of a computer, that it can't run WoW at good-ultra settings. Seriously, what the hell are you guys playing on? How old is it?
    You make wrongchoice of CPU and even if you can run BF3 on High you will have hard time running WoW 25.... its about specific setup, not general computer age.
    Not to advertise, but I think if you use AMD you are pretty much screwed

10+ Year Old Account

So... You're right and everybody else who likes the old models is wrong?
    Your avatar fits you far too well.
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    So... You're right and everybody else who likes the old models is wrong?
    Your avatar fits you far too well.
    Always did wonder how spiders catch flies.