Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    His interview is pretty far from a statement of no flying in all of WoD. It can be taken equally he's saying they'll see how things go with no WoD launch flying (which we have all known since Blizzcon) and that they'll possibly consider not having flying in a different future expansion after WoD.

There is a list of things about a mile long that Blizzard at one time or another has said that they might consider doing someday. In fact that's pretty much the default answer to every audience question at the Blizzcon panels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maemae View Post
    people complain how things were better in vanilla. they try to respite ideologies of what people miss. people complain again. its like a vicious cycle.

I could care less. This isn't going to change anything.
    tbh there are not many classic wow players left and the whiners are usually people who joined after burning crusade, classic people dnt care about this change cos we know how it was back in the day its the new breed of kid gamers who are fucking bitching if you dnt like wow go back to fucking call of duty if yo udnt like drastic changes

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes! Yes! Yes!

OT: This will make me really happy if it comes to pass. I'd rather not have the comodity of easy travel in return of the immersion of walk-only, any day!

Flying is one of the biggest things that makes WoW different from other games. Removing it would be ludicrous. Now ,removing Arenas? That would make sense.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    now remove botters and actually ban people for being dickheads in trade and we might actually have classic back
    What servers were YOU on in Vanilla? :P

I used to love having bots trundling around Deadwind pass. I would just run ahead of them and tag vultures with a moonfire and let them kill it for me. Sometimes it'd be hours before they caught on.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    They are thinking about this because WoD does not have very much content and the number of removed features outweighs the number of added features.

In short...worst expac ever.
    Yeah but I don't want to believe this a possibility but time sink introduction to travel is often a trademark of Korean MMORPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Thessik-Irontail View Post
    If they remove flying in this xpac, that will be just amazing...

It's like blizzard is trying to right all the wrongs over the last several years in one xpac.. good luck bliz, try and bring back the good old days.
    trying to bring back the old days are nothing but nostalgic memories of old.

The only worthwhile advantage to removing flying is to limit how quickly you can advance in level. Beyond that, there's no need for this arbitrary gating system. If you want people to spend more time in the world, make it compelling and interesting to be outside of the cities whenever possible. This would be the exact opposite. Instead of flying out to run someone through a dungeon or farm a weekly raid reset, people are going to think "fuck it, I have to run all that way" and AFK in the major cities even harder. Would you seriously ground mount from IF or Org all the way to Kara every week? Or, god forbid, TK? If you said yes to that, you're either a goddamn liar or a masochist.

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    now remove botters and actually ban people for being dickheads in trade and we might actually have classic back
    Botters existed in Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    No flying at all theoretically points to an attempt to stretch out content by introducing a large artificial time sink. But we will have to wait and see till the beta comes out so we can't really speculate any further. Blizz argues that players burn through content fast because of flying, but I disagree. I would argue the queue system is what causes players to burn through content fast but isn't being scaled back so flying is taking the brunt of it which seems unfair from my view.
    I think players burn through content "so fast" because they take too bloody long releasing new content.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Near the end of the interview they hint at no flying throughout the entire xpac.
    Great. See you in whatever expansion comes after they fire that whiny Everquest crybaby.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Make my flying only mounts be used as ground only mounts and i will be fine with it..what I'm most upset is that i cant use my favorite mounts that i put a LOT (years in some cases) of effort into...
    There are still 5 continents to fly on if Draenor is restricted.... ofcourse you can use them. >.>

Deleted
    meh, don't give a shit. as long as they allow all mounts to be used as ground mounts I'm fine with it

fly/no fly areas should have been opposite of what they are now. most of the world should have been no flying with special content areas that allow flying. it wouldn't have cheapened the world experience and flying would be more special and exciting.

10+ Year Old Account
    gotta love people who jump to conclusions before anything is set in stone, expac isnt even out nor is beta and people are bitching up a storm. If you leave so be it no one will care or miss you, also when you do leave feel free to give me all your gold seeing you wont need it anymore. Cant call something bad if you've never experienced it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I agree that flying does lend itself to exploration, and it really is different up above. But two points I want to make:

- Seeing the world from above can occur via flightpaths. If flying is restricted, then flightpaths suddenly become interesting (the first couple times only, of course, because then the exploration is done). Don't get me wrong - I don't think flightpaths are anywhere close to as interesting as free flying in terms of exploration, but we also have to consider the cost:

- Free flying shrinks the world. And this is a big cost in a game that depends on providing content in the form of an explorable world. By allowing flying, you cheapen the content. There are other costs involved with flying, but I'm just talking about the comparison to flightpaths.

I agree that flight paths can be cool, I still remember my very first flight path. I was on my level ten tauren druid to do the quest to get my bear form, I think, and I took off in Thunderbluff only to be flown all across the Barrens (omg so vast!), through Ashenvale (omg so pretty!), Felwood (omg level "skull" mobs, so dangerous!) and landed in Moonglade. <3 Best flight path ever. I'm still super saddened and don't understand why they removed those class quests, they were amazing.

But anyways, I digress: we'll get that "oh what a cool flight path" feeling while leveling in WoD, and up until the first patch, most likely. After that, we'll get the equally cool "yay I can fly!" feeling. The first one is great, but the second one is also great, I'd rather not have to go without either.

I don't see how flying cheapens content I've already done. I quote myself:

"Leveling mobs are not dangerous for a max level character anyways. They're a nuissance.

I'd LOVE for Blizzard to add compelling world situations and scenarios. I play GW2 which has an amazing dynamic events system, I'd love WoW to have something similar to that. But the way to do it is not to be like "oy, this is dangerous", it's to offer incentive. Compelling story, compelling gameplay, compelling rewards. If you fly over a zone and you see a dynamic event down there, you should want to fly down and do it because it's gonna be fun, or because you want the rewards. That's my idea of immersive dynamic gameplay. Not "I wanna ride through this forest to get to place X but damn low level monkeys keep attacking and dismounting me, FFS"."

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait till WoD is 3+ months old and everyone starts complaining when it takes so long to get to a certain raid and other points in the game, will be fun.

If you're referring to what he says at ~6 minutes in - saying that there won't be flying at all at launch isn't the same thing as saying there won't be any flying at all the entire expansion.

People cheer the idea of being sold boosted characters..

But will leave the game if they can't fly around on their dragons..

How has WoWs player base become so awful.

Using ground mounts is so fun that the only way for me to ever use them is if Blizzard forces me to use it.