Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    What current content do you need flight for?
    "Need" isn't a good word to use, since you don't technically need any means of travel but slow walk.
    You keep asking why why why about everything but don't seem to like any of the answers you get. If someone feels that a world viewed from the ground is more enjoyable and the intended design direction, you say it's the company line.
    That's the problem, because those answers most likely do absolutely nothing for him. Immersion, "beauty" and most other things are entirely subjective. As Moana pointed out earlier a lot of other things are completely breaking "immersion" for me anyway, especially fighting the same quest guy several times over because he keeps respawning but I got to pass by him.

So these arguments don't hold much merit to anyone who isn't already in agreement with you on this point, the same way the arguments of the other side don't hold much merit to you and the oher anti flight people because often they touch upon things you're unlikely to participate or engage in.

It makes it much harder for bots.
    It makes the world seem big again.
    It makes me pay attention to mobs again, especially the elites in Nagrand.
    I still have flight paths and waygates, its not a pain to travel at all.
    It is bad for farmers... And that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I have no problem when it's let's say a small zone like Timeless Isle, Ashran or the Isle of the Thunder King. Those are places you visit every once in a while, places you usually go to for a certain reason. They're fairly small and fast to traverse. Even when being held up you're actually doing the thing you want to do and not be still on the way to the actual zone.
    I have personally no problem with limiting flight on those small "addon" or "questing" zones. A mechanic like the one in Krasarang where those Gryphon guys would kick you off your flying mount inside the actual fortress and questing zone could be added at least for a time. Those are actually sensible solutions.
    Once in a while? Not when they were current content.
    And "knock you off the mount" are bandaid mechanics that Blizzard has not been keen on using. They are not fun, cause unnecessary deaths, and are just plain annoying. Do you really feel cannons EVERYWHERE is better than no flight?

No, you and Brandon are not discussion. You're not constructive, you're not reasonable, you're not even remotely acting as if you were interested in an actual discussion.
    Lol, the old "doesn't agree with me, therefore he is not constructive"
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

So these arguments don't hold much merit to anyone who isn't already in agreement with you on this point, the same way the arguments of the other side don't hold much merit to you and the other anti flight people because often they touch upon things you're unlikely to participate or engage in.
    No. The arguments from the pro-flyers all basically boil down to: it saves time. That's why the anti-flyers don't listen because it's not a real reason to re-instate flying mounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Once in a while? Not when they were current content.
    And "knock you off the mount" are bandaid mechanics that Blizzard has not been keen on using. They are not fun, cause unnecessary deaths, and are just plain annoying. Do you really feel cannons EVERYWHERE is better than no flight?
    Yes once in a while. Even when it was current content as soon as you were geared most people only went there for the world bosses or such stuff as Frogfarming which was quite silly and hillarious at the same time. The rest is once again personal biased opinion and nothing else.

Lol, the old "doesn't agree with me, therefore he is not constructive"
    That's the way you and some others behave summed up right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    No. The arguments from the pro-flyers all basically boil down to: it saves time. That's why the anti-flyers don't listen because it's not a real reason to re-instate flying mounts.
    Yeah sure thing. Meanwhile the argumentation of the anti flight crowd is "m'uh immersion" which isn't a real argument either.

What, pray tell, would you be able to do with a flying mount that you can't without one?
    This might come as a total shock to you but...fly.

- - - Updated - - -

THis is the case for you since you stop reading after you have this world view verified. (as you did with my post)

Deleted
    Seriously, peoples laziness and impatience is their own problem. They should know what they're getting into when playing a game like this. Believe it or not some people actually enjoy the ride to their destination.
    &
    One being that having flying makes using ground mounts unrealistic, which essentially means you're forcing people to your playstyle like you say they're forcing you to theirs.
    I may be missing the point here, but surely having flying will not change any of that, since while we fly on mounts you could still just use a ground mount and "see the scenery" surely? Which would allow for both play styles to not interrupt each other and to carry on with the day?

This is a design decision Blizz has been talking about making for awhile now. You might reasonably expect flight to be added to Draenor in 6.1, but you can also expect all relevant and new content to be designed without flight.
    Hear, hear!

This whining reminds me of Draenic dust story where I sold over 2000 Dust in 7 days, SELF-GENERATED in garrison, while random Joe whined how he cant get 30 dust a day to keep his enchanter going. Players are lazy and want instant gratification, screw that.
    Some of us do not have that kind of time to farm up enough for 2000 dust over 7 days, for Christ sake man some of us have full time jobs!

Also, I wasn't using HandyNotes on my first 2x100 alts and it felt really good to find random stuff around. It's your own fault if you're using the addons by which you more or less "break" what the devs wanted you to have.
    As opposed to using the in-game treasure maps after completing all the quests?

Here is something for you to ponder, actually try and stand in the shoes of the developers and understand why they don't like flight overall. Not just Blizzard but plenty other MMOs don't offer flight, because they really trivialize any content they want to put in.
    Other then the obvious exception of treasure hunting in areas like Nagrand which will become old content in-time, how does flying trivialize content overall in WoD?

I suspect (granted an opinion not fact) that anti-flyers have more time to waste rather then people like myself that spend all day at work don't want to come home to lots in in-game traveling rather then in-game playing, after you have travelled the same route many many times it gets boring, however I suspect that I am over exaggerating that point.

Yeah sure thing. Meanwhile the argumentation of the anti flight crowd is "m'uh immersion" which isn't a real argument either.
    Immersion is a MUCH better answer/reason than 'takes too long'.

Quote Originally Posted by madmanx View Post

THis is the case for you since you stop reading after you have this world view verified. (as you did with my post)
    Got some kind of joker over here, "fly", haha, hilarious. In circles or just up and down?

I'll admit I did skim your post after the 'I've been playing for 10 years and if they don't re-introduce this relatively pointless feature that doesn't actually change pretty much anything I'll leave this game, god damn it!'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Flight offers speed, convenience, and freedom, and is NEEDED to access a variety of content, including actual COMPLETION of that content. The game being "better off without it" is a personal and subjective opinion, not a fact. Removing convenience and efficiency is a stupid fucking move and people who encourage it are questionable at best in their true intent.
    Yes, it's needed you can't be bothered to think. Gliders, anti-gravitation device, in game glider tools etc etc. There is 0% content in this expansion that you can't reach without flying. If you think there is, you just have to think harder.

Quote Originally Posted by madmanx View Post
    In other words, nothing of importance and nothing that actually impedes you from playing the game.
    Everyone of you who quoted him knew exactly what he meant but chose to distort it.

As other poster above me said: What current content do you need flight for?
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    The claim that those wanting to fly are in the minority is funny, seeing how most pro flight threads get buried beneath hundreds of down votes on the official forum.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ou-miss-flying

I think it's fair to say that there are enough votes in that poll to indicate that yes, pro-flight is in the minority.

At the end of the day, the only argument you could possibly put forward for wanting flight is laziness. I know that myself, and many others like me are more than happy to do without it purely for the immersion and sense of scale that it gives the content in Draenor. Honestly, I don't know how some of you managed to even level to 60, it must have been horrific. Thank goodness Blizz has introduced a 90 boost now, huh?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathisi View Post
    I suspect (granted an opinion not fact) that anti-flyers have more time to waste rather then people like myself that spend all day at work don't want to come home to lots in in-game traveling rather then in-game playing, after you have travelled the same route many many times it gets boring, however I suspect that I am over exaggerating that point.
    Not really, that's the funny part. I've found that there's a few groups who are very heavy on the "no flight" side. First RP people for obvious reasons, secondly pseudo Hardcores i.e mostly those around 2-3k constantly whining about how much harder everything was in the past when they never actually do anything or have done anything at any point despite how easy everything is according to them, people who barely play as they stand around in their garrison most of the time anyway if they're on just directly queueing for whatever they do and the alt fanatics who enjoy the leveling and who happily ignore that till 100 they wouldn't be able to fly anyway.

In pretty much every single last case it's people who want to dictate others how they have to go about things they from the very start they don't even participate in and the lack of knowledge some people here have shown actually helps to underline that. They have no idea yet want to force their opinion onto others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathisi View Post
    &

Some of us do not have that kind of time to farm up enough for 2000 dust over 7 days, for Christ sake man some of us have full time jobs!
    College and job here. 5 alts with trading posts + auto-generated resources. Takes grand total of 20min a day.
    Players are lazy and can't be bothered using creative thinking (or ANY thinking at all, this info was out and about 3 days after launch).

In pretty much every single last case it's people who want to dictate others how they have to go about things they from the very start they don't even participate in and the lack of knowledge some people here have shown actually helps to underline that. They have no idea yet want to force their opinion onto others.
    Let me rephrase that. It's people who love putting effort into the game, and getting their fun out of it.
    You can't be bothered to use flight paths, trudge through mobs and obstacles for achievements? Don't. They are optional.
    You can't be bothered to do the same to reach followers? Don't. They are optional.
    You can't be bothered to do the same to do your Apexis dailies? Don't. They are optional.
    You can't be bothered to do the same to do work on your garrison? Don't. They are optional.

You play your barebone game of sitting in Warspear and queueing for dungeons/BGs and let us, the players who want more, to put some more effort and get more out of it, and get it faster than you. Your effort is OPTIONAL. But if you're gonna come here and ask us to gimp OUR experience because you're lazy, tough luck son, ain't happening now, and I sure as hell hope Blizz doesn't give in to lazy people after 6.1 either.

Bolded part, nice thinking there Sherlock. We have no idea what we want, better put all our faith in you and make you exec designer at Blizzard.
    Last edited by mmoc09234ff08e; 2014-11-27 at 01:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Poo View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ou-miss-flying

I think it's fair to say that there are enough votes in that poll to indicate that yes, pro-flight is in the minority.

At the end of the day, the only argument you could possibly put forward for wanting flight is laziness. I know that myself, and many others like me are more than happy to do without it purely for the immersion and sense of scale that it gives the content in Draenor. Honestly, I don't know how some of you managed to even level to 60, it must have been horrific. Thank goodness Blizz has introduced a 90 boost now, huh?
    Let's see. First taking a poll from a forum like MMO-C ignoring that it's not even remotely close to a proper reflection of the player base, hell the official forum isn't and there things lie quite different already. Then secondly some personal attacks to round the whole thing up. And I'm fairly sure I leveled more characters over my time in WoW already than you ever will.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's the thing, speak for yourself. The claim that those wanting to fly are in the minority is funny, seeing how most pro flight threads get buried beneath hundreds of down votes on the official forum. The rest is once again a personal attack, since you do not have anything else you could reasonably write down.
    People who are unhappy are busy trolling the forums. Those content with the way things are are in the game. Polls where people have to vote once and move on indicate that there is a strong approval for no flight in anything considered "current". At the moment, that is the draenor continent.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

It's a daily, for the stables. Please at least educate yourself on the things you're talking about. You not playing the game, having no idea what you're talking about as every single last anti flight person here, yet wanting to dictate others how to play the game is ridiculous. We have a bunch of RP people, some people who never actually venture out of their garrison or the occasional "I look in every few months" people trying to dictate how to play the game to those who actually do play it on a regular basis.
    We didn't all choose the Stables Garrison. I never said I knew something I didn't, if you noticed I asked a question in the other post, I wasn't stating anything. And like I said, no where in this game is hard to get to. People are asking for excessive amounts of convenience. All those quests in that screenshot have multiple flightpaths between them. Give flying later in the expansion, sure. But It's way too early for it now or in 6.1.
    Weird how I have 4 days played at 100 for never playing.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2014-11-27 at 01:49 PM.

Not really, that's the funny part. I've found that there's a few groups who are very heavy on the "no flight" side. First RP people for obvious reasons, secondly pseudo Hardcores i.e mostly those around 2-3k constantly whining about how much harder everything was in the past when they never actually do anything or have done anything at any point despite how easy everything is according to them, people who barely play as they stand around in their garrison most of the time anyway if they're on just directly queueing for whatever they do and the alt fanatics who enjoy the leveling and who happily ignore that till 100 they wouldn't be able to fly anyway.
    I don't RP. I don't consider myself a Hardcore (or pseudo-Hardcore), and I play regularly (but not excessively). I don't fit any of your profiles and yet I agree with Blizzard's no-flight stance.
    - Keeper Annals

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's see. First taking a poll from a forum like MMO-C ignoring that it's not even remotely close to a proper reflection of the player base, hell the official forum isn't and there things lie quite different already. Then secondly some personal attacks to round the whole thing up. And I'm fairly sure I leveled more characters over my time in WoW already than you ever will.
    And how is it not a proper reflection of the player base? Do you think MMO-C is some kind of anti-flight haven or something?

Upvoting and downvoting on the official forums is heavily biased to those who hang out on the forums all the time. Polls you vote once and move on.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    from a forum like MMO-C ignoring that it's not even remotely close to a proper reflection of the player base, hell the official forum isn't and there things lie quite different already.
    ummm...
    Here's the thing, speak for yourself. The claim that those wanting to fly are in the minority is funny, seeing how most pro flight threads get buried beneath hundreds of down votes on the official forum.
    so which one is it m8?

And I'm fairly sure I leveled more characters over my time in WoW already than you ever will
    You could be fairly sure. But I'm fairly sure you're incorrect

Deleted
    Haven't commented in the thread before, but thought i'd chip in and say that i'm really happy with no flying in Draenor. Some guy posted a nice list a couple of pages back, so i'll just steal it:

It makes it much harder for bots.
    It makes the world seem big again.
    It makes me pay attention to mobs again, especially the elites in Nagrand.
    I still have flight paths and waygates, its not a pain to travel at all.
    It is bad for farmers... And that's awesome.

Also, immersion, keeping me on my toes etc.

I like it.