10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    If you think PvE refers to spending 99.9% of the time in a garrison that 200x200ft ( didnt measured just saying ) then you are dead wrong.
    The topic is about FLIGHT. Stop derailing and sidetracking.

Any PVPer worth their salt has Avianna's feather at this point in the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    "I am wrong" because you say so, thats all your post boils down to.
    We agree to disagree

Garrisons are a sign of whats wrong with the game as far as professions go. They made them too powerful and I said so in my first post about it. The professions are in a sorry state and need fixing. You could still have the mine but make it yield less for example so you would still need to go out and farm (give openworld nodes more resources than a Garrison node).
    Remove garrison and professions will be fixed in some way. It took me less then 2 months to make 1.5mill gold ( more but i gave away about 500k ) with garrisons and inscription. 2 months and all I invested was 30min per day. So no, professions in MoP were good, now they are not since everyone can make everything ( or close to everything ) with a profession house in his/hers garrison. Hell, he/she can even get more materials from mine/garden without a profession then it took use to get it with flying and profession. So no, leave as it is, same amount of resources from a nod/plant and remove garrisons...

Blizzard removed flight so people would interact with content in a way they want. Thats all I said I may not agree with the removal of flight. I can see why they did it. You are purposely seeking an argument when there is none.
    We still do not know the real reason behind removal of flying in Draenor....

Garrisons are an interesting addition one I like. But they have a lot of problems. Anyone here can see that.

The true problem is lack of good PVE content for max level players in the openworld. Garrisons just mean you have less of a reason to go out into the shitty openworld in the first place.
    And that is why I said. Remove garrisons and allow flying in Draenor and more ppl would join others in openworld....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Lip service.
    Possibly, but there is also a strong chance that it may actually be time. They wanted to unlock it with 6.1. What if they started falling behind, and figured slowing folks down could help offset their deficit? Maybe we finally get the first half of the unlock quest in 6.2 and then wrap it up with 6.3? Or maybe, they don't need the quest to buy them time anymore, and they just unlock it for 4500g like they've always done? I'm feeling better about 6.2 for flight than I was about 6.0.

Quote Originally Posted by -Walter- View Post
    The topic is about FLIGHT. Stop derailing and sidetracking.
    It is related to flying, since garrisons remove you from "play" and a need to interact with others in openworld and flying and issues flying had with PvE and PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is related to flying, since garrisons remove you from "play" and a need to interact with others in openworld and flying and issues flying had with PvE and PvE.
    It might be vaguely related, but the snarky exchange the two of you are into is not. As for garrisons and PvE, if you just say "Staring at the walls in a 200x200 garrison" is not relevant without context. Staring at garrison walls is not fun for me personally, maybe for others. I would prefer to jump into Mim's head, and head out (pun intended) to do some fishing, pet battles, arch digs, and more.

1870 pages and counting, I don't need to read much into this thread to guess that the majority are crying because they'd rather log-in and AFK mid-air.

We agree to disagree

Remove garrison and professions will be fixed in some way. It took me less then 2 months to make 1.5mill gold ( more but i gave away about 500k ) with garrisons and inscription. 2 months and all I invested was 30min per day. So no, professions in MoP were good, now they are not since everyone can make everything ( or close to everything ) with a profession house in his/hers garrison. Hell, he/she can even get more materials from mine/garden without a profession then it took use to get it with flying and profession. So no, leave as it is, same amount of resources from a nod/plant and remove garrisons...

We still do not know the real reason behind removal of flying in Draenor....

And that is why I said. Remove garrisons and allow flying in Draenor and more ppl would join others in openworld....
    We only know of why blizzard removed them according to blizzard. Nothing more than that. Garrisons I like the idea of (making a base etc kinda RTS like). They need changes I can agree on that. The lack of openworld content for me is the bigger issue. There is little for us to do. It is the major reason why I left.

Flight I think is great, but adding it in atm is a bandaid for a missing leg. (the leg being the content). Blizzard are regardless steam rolling ahead with their changes. I still hope we get the extra content I feel the game needs and maybe flight coming later with its own quest line so you feel like you earned it back rather than simply given it back like some sort of stolen pet.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    1870 pages and counting, I don't need to read much into this thread to guess that the majority are crying because they'd rather log-in and AFK mid-air.
    Yes since on my flying mount going from A to B in a straight line I have the need to go AFK and not when using FP thats taking me to same destination from A to B but it adds A-D-C-F-G-H-B, simply amazing..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    Actually, had you bothered to read, rather than toss a conversation grenade, you would see how incorrect you are. Flight is pretty important to many of us. Unlike the folks who are ok with just AFKing in their garrisons while playing World of Queuecraft. We want flight, cause we don't just live for the instanced content. Some of us actually enjoy flying out into the zones and experiencing the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    And it is back to WPVP again really?

Ok what about the vast majority of players on a PVE server, where pet battles, archeology, and soon the selfie cam will have more "play time" or what about the majority of PVP servers that are so horribly imbalanced that it may as well be a PVE server?

We get it for a select few on the few gem servers disabling flight may have improved your game. However please understand for others with flights removal, it is the same game at best, just added tedium and annoyance, or at worst worthy of unsubscribing.

So you see it hasn't improved the game for everyone, dare I say it has only improved it for a few.

Again I will ask for a PVE player that can tell me how flights removal has improved the game either directly or indirectly. I have asked this several times. Wonder why the only answers I have received were from a guy that loves tedium and someone giving a virtual hand job to the devs.
    Jumping puzzles is probably the best answer thus far and jumping puzzles in WoW are not as good as other games.

Actually, had you bothered to read, rather than toss a conversation grenade, you would see how incorrect you are. Flight is pretty important to many of us. Unlike the folks who are ok with just AFKing in their garrisons while playing World of Queuecraft. We want flight, cause we don't just live for the instanced content. Some of us actually enjoy flying out into the zones and experiencing the content.
    Sucks how you can't do that anymore huh. If only ground mounts could move

Before you tell me how fun flying is in wow: #flight simulator.

Us "queue crafters" are still out there. Cus we're not lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post

What makes flying fun in WoW is because it is not a flight simulator. It is a medieval fantasy game with flying carpets, dragons, horses, etc.

The current state of the game is a glorified virtual lobby waiting for instant queues that take you into instances.

I don't see you "queue crafters" anywhere except garrisons and forums, just in case. The world is almost completely empty outside whatever zone is today's apexis.

Professions crafting and gathering for all intents and purposes is dead for this expansion. Not sure how that is relevant to a flying thread lol.

Not true. I offered THIS and you simply brushed it aside. Let me show you the OTHER reasons that don't fit your argument:

There's also the idea of helping others in the zone, exploring from up high, or simply just having a safe place to go AFK.
    I know you worked hard on that list, you can stop spamming it though as you are only one person. Nearly everyone else is pretty much sticking with speed from A to B as their champion. As another said, AFK floating is a reason to remove flight, I don't see how anyone could think a developer wants that in the game.
    One Sweet Dream

Yes since on my flying mount going from A to B in a straight line I have the need to go AFK and not when using FP thats taking me to same destination from A to B but it adds A-D-C-F-G-H-B, simply amazing..
    Yeah the attention span decreases as the time interval increases. Flight paths definitely create a greater propensity to AFK compared to flying. That is just the time element and not looking at the other element. The other element is that you are engaged with your keyboard in some way.

[On a flight path, by definition everyone is away from the keyboard (AFK) because you can't even do anything whether you want to or not. Or even choose to or not. That is 100% loss of player control.

10+ Year Old Account

Flight sim is a poor answer, given this game's had flying dragons for 8 years. Ground mounts move... at 120%, not 310%. If you're not lazy, you must be walking right to the front door of every instance and forgoing the "teleport to instance" option then

I've been here for 1800 pages and counting. If you think I have not already encountered this incredibly poor, weak argument, primarily used to bait people, you're mistaken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post
    I know you worked hard on that list, you can stop spamming it though as you are only one person. Nearly everyone else is pretty much sticking with speed from A to B as their champion. As another said, AFK floating is a reason to remove flight, I don't see how anyone could think a developer wants that in the game.
    Well, there is no good reason to leave flight out in WoD since at 100 there is no danger... just inconvenience. But since you and the other guy seem to be ok with tedium and lengthy travel, have at it. I'll wait for the 6.2 patch notes and hope that Blizz actually unlocks the jungle. A jungle unlock would be the catalyst of, or harbinger to the unlock of flight on Draenor. The same people who seem to be ok with slower travel are probably also ok with the lack of incoming content. Excuse me if I expect more for my money, and would like to see an 8 year old mechanic added to Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    The current state of the game is a glorified virtual lobby waiting for instant queues that take you into instances.
    As someone with very little opinion either way, wouldn't flying just make it a slightly different glorified virtual lobby?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    As someone with very little opinion either way, wouldn't flying just make it a slightly different glorified virtual lobby?
    The illusion of choice is better than no choice.

With flying mounts, we had a choice between the red pill or the blue pill.

Now, we are forced to take the red pill.