Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I can go play wildstar... since that will have flying. Or, I can play the many other games I have. There is also many new games coming out that are going to be really good.

MMORPG isn't the only enjoyable genre.
    Wildstar won't have flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    the only "harm" I can think it was guilty of was people mass summoning full raid groups to world PVP and spoiling the balance. So What? The other side could then do the same and have a massive battle (if they wanted). Some people are just against convenience because they think that "fast" = not worth it. Not everything good in life has to be a struggle to be worth it.
    If alliance of Ravencrest EU summoned 40 players to Orgrimmar at once, the city would be theirs.
    There just ain't enough people on some realms, to let that be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Are you sure its not your connection? I can mine, see other players and everything just fine on mine.

Imo what they need is mobs to dismount you. If the sky is too safe give us giant predators high in the sky that will swoop down on you with a big agro radius. Between that up high, kiliri/aa cannons/ gryphon riders down low it can be made more dangerous. They could also give us the tools for flying mount combat forcing both of us to dismount float down & fight.
    I find mine varies.... Sometimes I only see nodes after I have passed them - and sometimes I see them a long time ahead. Same thing for "dodads" in Shrine etc. Sometimes I zone in and for a few seconds I see no NPCs / Mailboxes etc until they "spawn" there. I think it is connection based - but maybe not your connection to your ISP - it may be your ISPs connection - or some other bottleneck.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
    I like how that's the only thing you catch. There are still thousands of games out there of different genres that will be enjoyable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    If alliance of Ravencrest EU summoned 40 players to Orgrimmar at once, the city would be theirs.
    There just ain't enough people on some realms, to let that be possible.
    True - but I think there are ways around that...... for example they could have a "no use" zone around main cities etc. There is always a way.

True - but I think there are ways around that...... for example they could have a "no use" zone around main cities etc. There is always a way.
    True, it could be tailored to be unusable for city raids, but it's impossible to cut the city raid profit, without killing it whole.
    If you could summon anywhere, except the cities, orgrimmar back door would be close to the effect of being inside.
    Or Grom'Gol base camp, zeppelin goes to the heart of orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    not really. if i start playing a new game that doesn't have flying, then thats fine because i never experienced what flying is like in that game and i don't know what i'm missing because they are two completely different games. but in wow i've been flying for 7 years and now they are taking it away. its different.
    Yes, it is.

"Blizzard, I refuse to play your game on principal, you gave me flying and even though you aren't taking it away - you really expect me to NOT want it in this new part over here? You either put it in the new part because I don't wanna use it in the old part anymore or I'm leaving. No flying means no sub from me!"

The player then unsubscribes from WoW.

5 minutes later, the player buys ESO/Wildstar/launch GW2/SWTOR/LotR/Rift/Tera/whatever that does not have nor ever will have flying in it at all.

The player already experienced how flying is in WoW and most of those games are almost direct clones. Claiming to leave WoW over "no flying in new zones" then going to a MMORPG that they already know doesn't have flying is the very definition of hypocritical - especially when making the claim that "there is nothing WoW can do to convince them to stay otherwise."

its hard to respond when fighting a difficult mob that gets you to 20% hp then a rogue comes and stunlocks you to death. there's no fun or fairness in that.
    Well, it isn't exactly fair to the rogue/druid to give their ability to "surprise" to every class high enough level to use a flying mount. At this point (on a PvP server), anyone can swoop and "bearbomb" their "surprise" gank in world PvP. At least on ground mounts, you can see non-rogues/druids coming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Horde offensive in Krasarang Wilds has this. You fly too close and get dropped. Also, the mine field in Storm Peaks has surface to air rockets to dismount you and make you take fall / explosive damage.

I would love to have more of this randomly scattered throughout the game. It would take flying (one of my favorite things), and roll in some element of danger. Would certainly give me something to watch out for. Just like the birds at HalfHill that were nerfed when people kept complaining about going afk on their flying mount and coming back to a dead toon.
    Those defenses won't attack you if you just fly up a bit higher. You can hover over top of them all day long.

I have a feeling that just lowering the skybox down to 40 yards would cause the vocal minority of pro-fliers to squeal too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are just against convenience because they think that "fast" = not worth it. Not everything good in life has to be a struggle to be worth it.
    Yeah. I've always subscribed to the "Work Smart, Not Hard" mentality. If you are smart about things, you can prevent tasks from being more difficult than needed. There are those "competitive" folks out there who think the fun is in the challenge, and that is fine, if that's what works for them. For me, I find there are enough daily challenges, I don't feel the need to pile more on myself, especially in a video game that helps me unwind. I don't ask them to stop being competitive, they should stop asking me to relinquish my convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I like how that's the only thing you catch. There are still thousands of games out there of different genres that will be enjoyable.
    ... and the vast majority of them will not have flying.

You have said, "if new WoW zones don't have flying, I quit."

Yet it's okay for any other game in the world to not have flying and that's just hunkey-dorey.

Deleted
    Yes, it is.

"Blizzard, I refuse to play your game on principal, you gave me flying and even though you aren't taking it away - you really expect me to NOT want it in this new part over here? You either put it in the new part because I don't wanna use it in the old part anymore or I'm leaving. No flying means no sub from me!"

5 minutes later, the player buys ESO/Wildstar/launch GW2/SWTOR/LotR/Rift/Tera/whatever that does not have nor ever will have flying in it at all.

The player already experienced how flying is in WoW and most of those games are almost direct clones. Claiming to leave WoW over "no flying in new zones" then going to a MMORPG that they already know doesn't have flying is the very definition of hypocritical - especially when making the claim that "there is nothing WoW can do to convince them to stay otherwise."

Well, it isn't exactly fair to the rogue/druid to give their ability to "surprise" to every class high enough level to use a flying mount. At this point (on a PvP server), anyone can swoop and "bearbomb" their "surprise" gank in world PvP. At least on ground mounts, you can see non-rogues/druids coming.
    you can say its hypocritical as much as you want but the fact remains they are two different games. in one you have been flying for 7 years and its suddenly taken away, you don't like this and decide to quit the game and start playing one completely new to you. in this new game you have never experienced flying and therefore have nothing to be disappointed about. nothing wrong with that at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those defenses won't attack you if you just fly up a bit higher. You can hover over top of them all day long.

I have a feeling that just lowering the skybox down to 40 yards would cause the vocal minority of pro-fliers to squeal too.
    I would not want the skybox lowered, but it might be fun to add random danger to the skies the way we add it to the ground. Maybe put the aggro back in the birds, throw in a canon or two. Maybe some random enemy with a rocket launcher parked in a tower. Things we could both experience, or avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Yeah. I've always subscribed to the "Work Smart, Not Hard" mentality. If you are smart about things, you can prevent tasks from being more difficult than needed. There are those "competitive" folks out there who think the fun is in the challenge, and that is fine, if that's what works for them. For me, I find there are enough daily challenges, I don't feel the need to pile more on myself, especially in a video game that helps me unwind. I don't ask them to stop being competitive, they should stop asking me to relinquish my convenience.
    someone's convenience is a bad word here.
    As someone could say "It is so much more convenient to kill people when they don't fly. Don't take my convenience away with 6.1 flying."

- - - Updated - - -

you can say its hypocritical as much as you want but the fact remains they are two different games. in one you have been flying for 7 years and its suddenly taken away, you don't like this and decide to quit the game and start playing one completely new to you. in this new game you have never experienced flying and therefore have nothing to be disappointed about. nothing wrong with that at all.
    You haven't experienced flying in Draenor, you have nothing to be disappointed about.
    Oh, different game mechanics? Those you can't use while flying?

http://www.wildstarforums.com/forums...-flying-mounts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    someone's convenience is a bad word here.
    As someone could say "It is so much more convenient to kill people when they don't fly. Don't take my convenience away with 6.1 flying."

- - - Updated - - -

You haven't experienced flying in Draenor, you have nothing to be disappointed about.
    Oh, different game mechanics? Those you can't use while flying?
    yes i do have something to be disappointed about, because i've been flying in the game for 7 years and i won't be able to in draenor. i know what i'm going to be missing and therefore i'm disappointed. you're on a roll today

10+ Year Old Account
    This was my sentiment. I figure SW:TOR and GW2 both meet my other needs, but I always come back to WoW for my conveniences and creature comforts. Remove those, and I have no reason to return. I don't mind changes or enhancements in the game, but I will not force myself to enjoy something simply because it was always my favorite in the past. If mac and cheese started tasting like quinoa, I would stop eating Mac & cheese.

Yes, it is.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO though, WoW doesn't have the best raids or the best pvp or the best story. What is does have is convenience, by the bucket load and that is why I play it over any of the other, arguably "better" MMOs. But the more they erode the convenience of WoW the more likely I am to go play a "better" MMO. So in that regard it wouldn't be hypocritical of me to say: "I'm leaving WoW because of the inability to fly in new zones and I'm going to TESO because the pvp is better" for example. My reason for leaving one game isn't necessarily my reason for starting a different one.

It was one year old, one year ago.
    After that, nothing.
    Beta didn't have any signs of flying, it even seemed like there were invisible walls in some places.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a druid, removing flying for a whole expansion means I cannot see my gorgeous self fly high above the world in my favorite form, picking flowers instantly! OMG! Get over it! I will still buy, play and enjoy the crap out of WoD! This world away, is more than about flying, or your imagined slight at it's removal or postponement!

Signature design by Shyama
    I would rather have 30 minutes of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then. When 6.1 rolls around, I guess I'll have an alternative. Thanks for that

yes i do have something to be disappointed about, because i've been flying in the game for 7 years and i won't be able to in draenor. i know what i'm going to be missing and therefore i'm disappointed. you're on a roll today
    Not sure if looking for internet fight or just plain stupid.