10+ Year Old Account
    I am reposting this since we are letting emotions escalate again. My idea to Balance flight, add content, and remove nothing:

As a PRO-flier:

Balance travel speeds, lower the skybox, include obstacles/danger

Lvl 20 ground and 60 flight move at the same speed - 60%
    Lvl 40 ground and 80 flight move at the same speed - 100%
    Lvl cap ground and flight move at the same speed - 200%

Flight is not affected by Racial/Class speed boosts, only ground mounts. So Paladins, and DKs will not lose their class ability, just as I would not lose my Storm Crow.

This means flight's only advantage is flight itself. However, thanks to NPCs with spears, towers with turrets, and the occasional sky beast (at your level, auto scales), you would have to watch out for just as many things in the sky as you would on the ground. If you take enough damage, you are knocked from your mount and likely fall to your death. Aggro for sky NPCs would be the same distance as it is for ground, and speeds would be about the same.

Also, adding in Aerial combat. This is mostly for the PvP realms and PvPers on PvE realms (of which I am NOT a part of). Now, when flagged for combat, you can still mount up to run away, BUT, your attacker can chase you. With Aerial combat, you can win either by killing your opponent in the sky, or doing IMMENSE amounts of damage to their mount (mounts would have 1.25 times the HP of a standard, ungeared rider) and force them to fall to their death. Pets from pet classes would NOT be available in mounted combat.

These are just a few ideas to balance flight without removing it AND, it will ADD more content and feature to the game, rather than detract from it.

Why do people care so much, this debate has been going on and on in countless threads at this point. Just try it, WoW gameplay is a lot better on the ground anyway.

The flying gameplay in WoW is exactly like noclip, it has no depth, you only see the animation of your mount, nothing more, nothing less... There are simply no gameplay involved.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    There is no way you know that for sure. Stop making shit up.
    Nothing is for sure.

No, again, you don't know anything. Blizzard doesn't even know. That's why they said "see what happens".
    We're having a discussion here. Are you saying you're not interested in participating?

This thread is about the possibility of the removal of flight throughout the entire expansion. Maybe you should leave the thread if you can't understand that.
    And the topic at hand has changed to "potential solutions instead of the complete removal of flying." There is nothing else to be said on the topic in the title that hasn't already been said in the past 340 pages and will remain that way until someone from Blizzard makes another public statement.

The limit of a flight path is that it takes you to a set destination. Flying mounts don't do anything more than fly you to places. The way you described how flight paths work is exactly the way flying mounts work. Flying mounts don't effect game-play whatsoever... They're ONLY used for travel.

You have YET to demonstrate how it effects game-play and why it should be "balanced". You demonize flying mounts but have yet to tell me why they're evil. Being fast is not a bad thing.
    Can you control a flight path with your arrow keys? If you can, then there is no real difference between them. But you can't, can you? Ahh, see, the differences are clearly nuanced.

I've told you again and again why they should be balanced; you simply don't agree. Nothing wrong with that, since this is an issue of contention.

Then why would you say on par with ground mounts if you don't think they need to be on par?
    There are always alternatives. For example, Blizzard could remove flying from current content.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkleslob View Post
    Why do people care so much, this debate has been going on and on in countless threads at this point. Just try it, WoW gameplay is a lot better on the ground anyway.

The flying gameplay in WoW is exactly like noclip, it has no depth, you only see the animation of your mount, nothing more, nothing less... There are simply no gameplay involved.
    "Just try it" I played for years without a flying mount. I know what it's like more than most of the people here. The rest of your post is just opinion that I disagree with wholeheartedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Nope.jpg

Not going to buy this crappy expansion. Well, I might in a year's time when subs drop another million or so and they do a 180 reverse like they did in Cata.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

People even cried cos they weren't allowed to fly in Pandaria until max level. Flying in WoW, I consider cheating - It's too OP. At least nerf it a bit.

I know people will think this is stupid. Why not let you only mount your flying mount when you speak with the flightmaster, receive a buff, you can now fly, tho you loose it if you get attacked by anything. Jk, it's better to just remove flying alltogheter IMO. They will let you use all your flying mounts as ground mounts in the expansion... Anyway share some insight, as to why you guys love flying so much? Time saver?

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    We're having a discussion here. Are you saying you're not interested in participating?
    Wild speculation isn't a very fun discussion to partake.

And the topic at hand has changed to "potential solutions instead of the complete removal of flying." There is nothing else to be said on the topic in the title that hasn't already been said in the past 340 pages and will remain that way until someone from Blizzard makes another public statement
    Topics don't change because you want them to. If you want to change the topic you create a new thread. Otherwise you're veering off topic and that is against the rules.

Can you control a flight path with your arrow keys? If you can, then there is no real difference between them. But you can't, can you? Ahh, see, the differences are clearly nuanced.

I've told you again and again why they should be balanced; you simply don't agree. Nothing wrong with that, since this is an issue of contention.
    I know you THINK they should be balanced, but that isn't a reason to balance them. Please, think of a reason why they are soooooo strong that they need to be "balanced". They are only a means of transportation.

There are always alternatives. For example, Blizzard could remove flying from current content.
    That didn't even come close to answering the question you were presented with. Did you even read what I wrote?

Wild speculation isn't a very fun discussion to partake.
    In your opinion maybe, as if this was "wild speculation" to begin with. What's your problem m8?

Topics don't change because you want them to. If you want to change the topic you create a new thread. Otherwise you're veering off topic and that is against the rules.
    Lol you're the only one who has a problem with this. Report me, then.

I know you THINK they should be balanced, but that isn't a reason to balance them. Please, think of a reason why they are soooooo strong that they need to be "balanced". They are only a means of transportation.
    There is no reason I could ever give you that would make you agree because you love flying and don't want to see it touched in anyway no matter what. I've already given you my reasons, and others have given you theirs, and Blizzard has given you theirs as well. That's as good as it's gonna get for you.

That didn't even come close to answering the question you were presented with. Did you even read what I wrote?
    Of course it answered the question. Either make flying mounts on par with ground mounts in some way, or don't have flying mounts at all (in current content).

People even cried cos they weren't allowed to fly in Pandaria until max level. Flying in WoW, I consider cheating - It's too OP. At least nerf it a bit.
    A few did sure, but not dozens of threads with hundreds of pages each.

Anyway share some insight, as to why you guys love flying so much? Time saver?
    I dunno, you could try reading at least some of this thread.

There is no reason I could ever give you that would make you agree because you love flying and don't want to see it touched in anyway no matter what. I've already given you my reasons, and others have given you theirs, and Blizzard has given you theirs as well. That's as good as it's gonna get for you.
    Or it's because you can't.

Of course it answered the question. Either make flying mounts on par with ground mounts in some way, or don't have flying mounts at all (in current content).
    "Flying mounts can still be about all of those things AND be on par with ground mount travel." Your original statement saying that you'd want flying to be on par with ground mounts.
    "Flying doesn't NEED to be on par with ground mounts" Going against your original thought.
    "Then why would you say on par with ground mounts if you don't think they need to be on par?" My question.
    "There are always alternatives. For example, Blizzard could remove flying from current content." Your answer. That doesn't answer the question.

Flying mounts don't need to be "on par". You can't even use it in half the game or even in relevant content(instances). It's just a tool to get you to places.

Ground mounts are a part of PvP in BGs and arenas, and they are used in PvE instances and raids.
    Last edited by urasim; 2014-04-23 at 09:20 PM.

Or it's because you can't.
    I have already, you just don't see it as such because you don't agree.

"Flying mounts can still be about all of those things AND be on par with ground mount travel." Your original statement saying that you'd want flying to be on par with ground mounts.
    "Flying doesn't NEED to be on par with ground mounts" Going against your original thought.
    "Then why would you say on par with ground mounts if you don't think they need to be on par?" My question.
    "There are always alternatives. For example, Blizzard could remove flying from current content." Your answer. That doesn't answer the question.

Flying mounts don't need to be "on par". You can't even use it in half the game or even in relevant content(instances). It's just a tool to get you to places.
    It does. Think about it:

Why would I say flying mounts don't NEED to be on par with ground mounts? The reason is because there are alternatives to this solution, one being the complete removal of flying from current content. But I think both camps (pro- and anti-flying) will be happier with both ground mounts and flying mounts in the game and on par instead of removing flying completely. The only way flying mounts and ground mounts would NEED to be on par would be if there were no other alternatives. There are, albeit undesirable alternatives, but nonetheless.

It is a tool to get you places, and that's great. It's usefulness in that role needs to be limited for reasons I have already provided you with.

I have already, you just don't see it as such because you don't agree.

It does. Think about it:

Why would I say flying mounts don't NEED to be on par with ground mounts? The reason is because there are alternatives to this solution, one being the complete removal of flying from current content. But I think both camps (pro- and anti-flying) will be happier with the former rather than the latter. The only way flying mounts and ground mounts would NEED to be on par would be if there were no other alternatives. There are, albeit undesirable alternatives, but nonetheless.

It is a tool to get you places, and that's great. It's usefulness in that role needs to be limited for reasons I have already provided you with.
    I asked you a simple question on why you changed from "need" to "not need" and you try and play it off with random babble that doesn't answer the question. You said they need to be on par, then you claimed they didn't, and now you say there are alternatives. You're all over the place and you can't explain anything clearly. Your mind is all jumbled up and I'd really would like you to be clear about points that you aren't even remotely clear about.

You also seem keep dodging why you think it's overpowered. "Because I say so" doesn't cut it.

I asked you a simple question on why you changed from "need" to "not need" and you try and play it off with random babble that doesn't answer the question. You said they need to be on par, then you claimed they didn't, and now you say there are alternatives. You're all over the place and you can't explain anything clearly. Your mind is all jumbled up and I'd really would like you to be clear about points that you aren't even remotely clear about.
    I think they should be on par. There are alternatives to being on par. I think being on par is better than the alternatives.
    I never changed from "need" to "not need." I still think that the best solution available (i.e. what "needs" to happen, but I shouldn't have picked the word "need" here) is to have both flying and ground be on par, but I recognize there are other alternatives (i.e. why they don't "need" to be on par).

I think this was my mistake for using the word "need" haphazardly. I apologize.

You also seem keep dodging why you think it's overpowered. "Because I say so" doesn't cut it.
    I've given you my reasons, you simply don't agree.

I never changed from "need" to "not need."
    Flying doesn't NEED to be on par with ground mounts
    ... Sigh.

I've given you my reasons, you simply don't agree.
    I don't recall them, and so I asked for them... Why is this so hard?

... Sigh.
    Sigh, indeed. I'm clearing up the confusion by telling you that MY OPINION has never changed, despite what my wording may have suggested. My only mistake here was communicating improperly.

You're the one who can't read between the fucking lines and needs everything spoon-fed to him.

I don't recall them, and so I asked for them... Why is this so hard?
    Why is this so hard, indeed? Is your memory really that bad? It couldn't have been more than a few posts ago that I explained them to you and you retorted with crap like "you can't know that's true" and "give me good reasons."
    Last edited by Destruktion; 2014-04-23 at 10:07 PM.

And I'm clearing up the confusion by telling you that my opinion has never changed, despite what my wording may have suggested. My only mistake here was communicating improperly.

You're the one who can't read between the fucking lines and needs everything spoon-fed to him.
    Like I said before. You aren't posting clearly. At least I don't say "it NEEDS to be on par" then a post later say "it doesn't NEED to be on par". How the fuck am I supposed to understand anything you say when you can't present it clearly?

Why is this so hard, indeed? Is your memory really that bad? It couldn't have been more than a few posts ago that I explained them to you and you retorted with crap like "you can't know that's true" and "give me good reasons."
    Why does it seem like an impossible task for you to list them again? Like I am asking you to pull one of your own teeth out or bite your thumb off. Can't really be to difficult to say "makes WPvP harder to find", can it? Short and simple is all I ask.

Like I said before. You aren't posting clearly. At least I don't say "it NEEDS to be on par" then a post later say "it doesn't NEED to be on par". How the fuck am I supposed to understand anything you say when you can't present it clearly?
    And I apologized for using the word 'need' haphazardly and being unclear. What more do you want?

Why does it seem like an impossible task for you to list them again? Like I am asking you to pull one of your own teeth out or bite your thumb off. Can't really be to difficult to say "makes WPvP harder to find", can it? Short and simple is all I ask.
    Why is it so hard for you to go back a page or two and find one of the multiple times I have posted them?

You know what, forget it, don't even bother. We've already done this, we got nowhere, I'm not going to do it again.
    Last edited by Destruktion; 2014-04-23 at 10:18 PM.

And I apologized for using the word 'need' haphazardly and being unclear. What more do you want?

Why is it so hard for you to go back a page or two and find one of the multiple times I have posted them?
    What more do I want? I just said I wanted you to be clear and concise.

Yeah, I'll pass. Not going back to reread your terribly worded posts to try and decipher what you dislike about flight. If you want to continue a conversation here, I'd suggest you post why you think flight is overpowered.

What more do I want? I just said I wanted you to be clear and concise.

Yeah, I'll pass. Not going back to reread your terribly worded posts to try and decipher what you dislike about flight. If you want to continue a conversation here, I'd suggest you post why you think flight is overpowered.
    Lol that's pretty rude considering it only happened once.

You're not really going to give him a reason to repost his reasons if you're going to keep insulting him. And you could just, you know, read his posts again instead of posting in such a hostile and confrontational manner. It's really not helping anyone at this point.