- Playing the AH
    - Doing dailies
    - Crafting items
    - Pet collecting
    - Pet Battling
    - Hunting Rares
    - leveling alts
    - Role Playing

and about a hundred things other than end game PvE or PvP. It was casuals like me who stayed subbed for our own enjoyment and spent thousands of dollars on this game between services and the cash shop, giving Blizz more money to create content for elitists and asshats. You're welcome.
    I hate to pick.. But i don't remember needing a flying mount to play the auction house or craft items.

Technically you don't need a flying mount for any of those. But those two points specifically were really out there..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    I hate to pick.. But i don't remember needing a flying mount to play the auction house or craft items.

Technically you don't need a flying mount for any of those. But those two points specifically were really out there..
    I was discussing things I do that are not end game, as it related to the previous person's question:

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    Lol, if you unsubbed because your ability to fly was limited, you didn't have anything in game worth doing to begin with.
    I would fly out to the BMAH, the AH in Booty Bay, the AH in Shat, etc. No need to fly to the one in SW since it is just outside the bank. Crafting items, I would leave the person I was running through the Dead Mines, get back to the city, fly to the bank, craft the bag, or gear, and then fly back out to the dead mines (or which ever dungeon/raid it happened to be) and give them the crafted item. Not everything in the game is as static as most people would make it seem.

I don't NEED a flying mount, but I WANT one. Since I've not been without one since TBC, having to go an entire expac, in the NEW ZONES (for all the derp-pedantics out there) without one is unacceptable.
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2014-05-27 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Yes what is the answer?
    Me : Plans to ad a disclaimer to the Iron skyreaver and WoD prebuy flying mount re:use on Draenor may not be as advertised?

Bashiok : I'm not aware of text on our mount sales that say where you can/cannot fly them. Timeless Isle, Isle of Quel'Danas, etc

Me : Neither of those places were presold to us with a flying mount as an extra.

Me again : Also,Iron skyreaver given form by Iron Horde blacksmiths who cant fly it on Dreanor.What was IronHs R&D team thinking?

Waiting again.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Deleted
    Flying, teleports, portals etc. took a lot away from this game.. Since flying and flying mounts have been out for so long, I think the best compromise will be to allow flying only in old zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Thopp View Post
    Flying, teleports, portals etc. took a lot away from this game.. Since flying and flying mounts have been out for so long, I think the best compromise will be to allow flying only in old zones.
    The only compromise would be to add instant portals everywhere, like GW2 has. Then INDEED you can say you don't need flying. Flight paths are shit, even if they go in straight line. You still have to take minutes away from the game and for what? Immersion? If that is immersion, FUCK IMMERSION!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    The only compromise would be to add instant portals everywhere, like GW2 has. Then INDEED you can say you don't need flying. Flight paths are shit, even if they go in straight line. You still have to take minutes away from the game and for what? Immersion? If that is immersion, FUCK IMMERSION!
    WoW is an MMO, maybe if you need constant action you should be playing Diablo or CS or something..
    Take your time, take it easy. You are not in a hurry, and if you are, maybe you should log on when you have more time.

Why were the Iron Horde blacksmiths making such epic flying beasts if there is no flying on Draenor?

Sure, you could say they are building them to invade Azeroth, but how would they know if they worked? There is no way to test them until after you get to Azeroth.

Or were the IH blacksmiths just building them for us as a peace offering? That was nice of them.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Flying has a great deal MORE significance than that. Some of us unsubbed pending the re-arrival of flight on the new continent. Some, like myself, closed three accounts and walked away. Taking the game back to Vanilla with lackluster ingredients and half-truths at this point was no ones idea of a good time, save for the Vanilla fanboys and the anti-fliers who simply like to stir shit up.
    Not allowing flight in specifically Draenor doesn't mean we are "going back to Vanilla." Don't undermine all the actual great changes made to the game over the years because you want to throw a temper tantrum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Me again : Also,Iron skyreaver given form by Iron Horde blacksmiths who cant fly it on Dreanor.What was IronHs R&D team thinking?

Waiting again.
    Maybe with all the similarities between the Nazi's and the Iron Horde, they took a page from the WWII playbook:

Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Thopp View Post
    WoW is an MMO, maybe if you need constant action you should be playing Diablo or CS or something..
    Take your time, take it easy. You are not in a hurry, and if you are, maybe you should log on when you have more time.
    So GW2 is not a MMOs, is it a flying saucer? MMO doesn't mean you have to spend 3 fucking hours to walk around in an empty world through obsolete content. What about LFG, LFR, and the other insta teleport queue systems in the game? Aren't they breaking your stupid immersion? Why do you think they were put in, because people don't know this is a MMO and subscription started to bleed?

I'm not sure you are in a position to demand a compromise, and I'm not sure that you've warranted a reason to get one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I'm not sure you are in a position to demand a compromise, and I'm not sure that you've warranted a reason to get one.
    I'm pretty sure you're not in a position to decide who gets what either.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

And who the fuck are you to talk about positions? When Blizzard will put the stupid flying back in the game (and that will happen pretty fast after launch) I will laugh like a mad man at you and all the other rabid freaky fanbois that have no idea what's really happening on this planet

10+ Year Old Account
    Not allowing flight in specifically Draenor doesn't mean we are "going back to Vanilla." Don't undermine all the actual great changes made to the game over the years because you want to throw a temper tantrum.
    Temper tantrums are thrown by children who simply do not understand why something is occurring. If you continue to insult me throughout the course of this discussionn please understand I will have to consider you unfit to carry on an adult conversation and simply ignore anything you type regardless of who it is aimed at, or even how correct your statement is.

That said, With no new playable races or classes being added to the roster during the entire course of WoD, the ability pruning, the item / stat squishing, the lack of flight in those specific zones, and the over all wimpy lore and storyline, it feels more like Vanilla than it does like an expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

And who the fuck are you to talk about positions? When Blizzard will put the stupid flying back in the game (and that will happen pretty fast after launch) I will laugh like a mad man at you and all the other rabid freaky fanbois that have no idea what's really happening on this planet
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm pretty sure you're not in a position to decide who gets what either.
    Agreed on BOTH counts. People can demand things all day long, doesn't mean it will happen. Someone else demanding an apology and him demanding they don't get anything pretty much makes him a hypocrite. Not surprising really considering his attitude in this thread toward other posters. Feel free to disagree with their opinion or position, but sitting as judge, jury, and executioner on it? I think not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Maybe with all the similarities between the Nazi's and the Iron Horde, they took a page from the WWII playbook:

That is another thread with a completely horrible topic that had Godwin's Law right from the first post.

So what's you reason for asking for no flying? Better yet, why shouldn't they listen to you and not him? Are you banging blizzard behind the desk or something?

You are asking them to take away flight and you pretend they have no right to complain or riposte?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    So what's you reason for asking for no flying? Better yet, why shouldn't they listen to you and not him? Are you banging blizzard behind the desk or something?

You are asking them to take away flight and you pretend they have no right to complain or riposte?
    Most apologists who feel the need to run interference and damage control to save face for the company seldom have a better explanation than :Reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on the great deal of arguments and hatred about no flying, it really comes down to one truth: Flying made the game easier. To quest, to gank unspuspecting low levels with pvp on and farm as many profession mats as possible. When the easier way is taken away, people get angry. The idea of more work is enough to send people into a rage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMaster View Post
    Based on the great deal of arguments and hatred about no flying, it really comes down to one truth: Flying made the game easier. To quest, to gank unspuspecting low levels with pvp on and farm as many profession mats as possible. When the easier way is taken away, people get angry. The idea of more work is enough to send people into a rage.
    It is not more difficult to slog through level 91 mobs at level 100. There is no risk, challenge and little reward. These mobs are just speedbumps and don't make the game more difficult, it just slows us down.

10+ Year Old Account
    A funny thing happened last night that reminded me of this thread.

I got invited to an oQueue group while standing in the middle of Shrine. I got sent to the leader's realm (PvP realm) and a massive raid on the Shrine was going on. I mean just about every NPC was dead, it was pretty funny. I ran upstairs after almost dying and snuck my way around to get to a spot where I could mount up and did just that. I then flew away, completely out of danger.

It's when things like that happen that makes me totally understand why Blizzard feels the way they do about flying.

Go ahead, flame me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    It is not more difficult to slog through level 91 mobs at level 100. There is no risk, challenge and little reward. These mobs are just speedbumps and don't make the game more difficult, it just slows us down.
    A lot about wod design comes back to that and how blizzard is designing the game.

Fun is out there but blizzard is going to make sure you do not get to it without wasting your time with more annoyances than you can stand all based on the idea from blizzard that it's a good things with nothing to really back up their theory. Just cause they said so and we all know blizzard is the only ones that know what entertainment and fun is in a game.