Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Near the end of the interview they hint at no flying throughout the entire xpac.
    I'm alright with that. Take us back to the ground! Make the world meaningful again, meaningful and SAVAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by lolzsec View Post
    Would you argue that if there is no reason to have flying in draenor, meaning as to reach otherwise unreachable terraces, objectives, that we need it as a quality of life thing. If so, there are other ways to travel. The people arguing on behalf of archeology, gathering, and sheer speed is a moot argument.
    So you moved the goalposts, I see. First, you were saying that no flying wouldn't matter because it's only one out of the six continents. Now you are arguing that no flying doesn't matter because we don't have unreachable areas.

Have you considered that the lack of max-level subzones which are only accessible by flying is a problem in itself? It was quite interesting to have high-level sections of lower level zones such as the elemental plateau in Nagrand or Ulduar in Storm Peaks. Now they can't possibly add those in Draenor unless 6.1 comes pretty early.

And yes, speed/convenience is a big factor here. People aren't going to take losing a great deal of convenience very lightly. I keep saying this in this thread but it seems to go in one ear and out the other with most people: you can't fly until you hit max level. That means when you finally get flying, you have already experienced all the continent on the ground mount. Why try to perpetuate that?

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Argued or not, we are not getting a quicker WoD release. We will be back to the old 10 months of no new live content and many will keep paying blizzard for that same "nothing" and the carrot on the stick of, Our plan is to get content out to you faster" (Which sadly rarely happened)

Keep debating and dreaming for it as well.

Yeah no flying is artificial gating because they don't feel they have enough content at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    To bring WORLD back, permanently.
    How does flying negate the big, open world that WoW has? Like I said, you are on ground mount until level 60. You are made quite aware of the size of the world at that point. Removing flying mounts is just pointless.

By the way, do you think that people didn't just AFK in cities and use flight paths instead when flying mounts weren't around?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Yeah no flying is artificial gating because they don't feel they have enough content at launch.
    Not really. All the meaningful content will still be there. Without flying we simply won't have those high-level subzones like Skettis or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    How does flying negate the big, open world that WoW has? Like I said, you are on ground mount until level 60. You are made quite aware of the size of the world at that point. Removing flying mounts is just pointless.

By the way, do you think that people didn't just AFK in cities and use flight paths instead when flying mounts weren't around?

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. All the meaningful content will still be there. Without flying we simply won't have those high-level subzones like Skettis or whatever.

They want to expand the Timeless Isle model on the entire new continent at launch so yes less content overall but more grinding and travel time. This game is taking a hard right to Korean grinder status.

Deleted
    I dont care about those in cities, but the ones outside. If they are flying they are NOT here, its that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    10g says they'll cave in to the whiners and allow flying when you hit max level.
    Considering that Afrasiabi admitted player sentiment was running 50/50 on it, it would be the best decision they could make. No one in their right mind seeks to alienate that large a proportion of their customer base. None of the non-flying crowd will unsub over this, but quite a few of the pro-flying crowd will at very least take a vacation and delay purchasing the expansion until flying is back in the game. For some, it will be enough of a break to make the vacation permanent.

To bring WORLD back, permanently.
    The world is already in the game, we're traveling through it all the time. Flying mounts don't take you out of it. Portals and flight paths on the other hand do take you out of it.

How does flying negate the big, open world that WoW has?
    i think what he meant is active world, full of players you see, interact and compete with. with flying all you do in the world is fly do A, swoop down, grab or kill what you want, re-mount and repeat. this is not what it's supposed to be.

I dont care about those in cities, but the ones outside. If they are flying they are NOT here, its that simple.
    I thought you wanted those in cities to venture outside?

At the moment, out of 100 max level players, about 90 afk in a city, 9 are outside flying, and 1 is outside on ground mount.

If you remove flying, 96 will afk in the city and maybe 4 will run around on ground mount outside. Is that really an improvement?

Quote Originally Posted by Bench333 View Post
    Sure they can switch on flying, but then they'll be forced to invest their time and effort creating content elsewhere, leaving an outdoor world which isn't actually worth spending time in.
    Forcing (or attempting to) players to invest their time in an outdoor world which isn't actually worth spending time in isn't going to work. If it was actually good, there would be no need to attempt to force participation.

I think, with the timeless isle style things scattered about, this may be perfectly fine.

I wonder about rares though. Will they be in the Timeless Isle style where they spawn staggered, or will it be like the rest of Pandaria where they all spawn at the EXACT SAME TIME.
    Call me Cassandra

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. Whatever our crack lords decree, we will lap it up.

Om nom shivai!

Why do you keep whinging over this? We ARE getting flying in 6.1. Period.

Everyone who says they're happy about this will be less happy a month or two in when trying to farm herbs/ore, or trying to do from A to B and having to take the same flight path for the 400th time and running through mobs hoping they don't get dazed.

If that's the case, my time in the new zones will be limited to whatever it takes to get from 90 to 100. Then I'll sit in the main city, which was exactly what they don't want us to do by "immersing" us on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I'm alright with that. Take us back to the ground! Make the world meaningful again, meaningful and SAVAGE!
    lol, There's nothing savage about a mob I can 2 or 3 shot before remounting and running off.
    Last edited by zenyatta; 2014-03-09 at 08:22 PM.

Deleted
    I'd be ok with it. Happy? Don't know. But definitely ok.

And to everybody who says that they are going to quit because of it: Good riddance.

Has anyone put up a time to where he's actually saying that? I've listened near the end and hear NOTHING even suggesting it'd be something for us to discuss...

Or better yet, quote it?

Also don't forget-they're allowing your followers in Garrisons to gather materials on top of it. I doubt it'll be lightning speed, but that I'm sure won't help the cities get unclogged.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering why blizzard simply won't make ground mounts faster than flying mounts. Would it look that weird? Or create consumable items like the Hardened Shell you can make with a certain profession, which is also usable while mounted and moving.

I think disregarding either side (Love it or Hate it) is rather childish and immature. I'm personally a fan of removing Flying Mounts, but I see why many feel that's a step in the wrong direction, many well earned challenging mounts would effectively become redundant for large part of two years and while it may sound trivial to some, it's important to others.

I think the removal of Flying Mounts isn't the best choice for the game anymore. I think delivering sections of content where it's not possible (Timeless Isles, Isle of Thunder, Patch 6.0.1) will give everyone a chance to experience a world without flying mounts, but won't remove the effort and work that's gone into earning them.