Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    More danger: you ignored the giant elite roaming mobs. Unless you never got stepped on by the Fel Reaver, you should know what I am talking about.
    I ignore everything if it is not in my quest objective. If you dodge, skip or ignore everything on the ground what does it matter how it;s done. And if you got stomped by the fel reaver, you should get a better pc and setup your view distance a little higher.

There is nothing dangerous about skipping mobs or any mob out in the world come max level. doesn't matter how blizzard wants to design it or how amazing their dismount mechanic is. Look at TI. What a waste that was just so they could have some no flying content.

More immersion: You're telling me that flying above the elite mobs that can 1 shot you increases immersion? Okay.
    Flying has more immersion for me at max level given I'm a God slayer multiple times over, than riding on a ground mount ever could but immersion is very subjective so whatever floats your boat. Just don't think your immersion is someone else s immersion at this point in the games life. Lets keep options not reduce them.

More delays: No, YOU misunderstand, nothing is slowed down. If it takes you to farm 40 ore in 5 min on flying, they can make it so it takes you 5 min to farm 40 ore on ground mounts.
    and yet we all know they will never balance the market with that so it will never happen. the common mats will still be just as common and the harder to get ones will be the same. What your getting is SWTOR companions and a few mats they collect at a cost in gold to send them on a mission.

The main collection of mats will still be getting them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Stasso View Post
    I gave the no flying thing a chance with MoP. It is the first expansion without a way to allow alts to fly. I leveled only my monk and warrior to 90 and said fuck it I am not slogging through spiders in the jade forest again. That is content with no flying. It isn't this new thing that needs to be tested, as it is already in the game.
    A world with less choice isn't as appealing as one with more choice, and that is what WoD a world with less choice.
    Bingo ^

If they actually remove flying and/or remove LFR or give new sets/tiers to LFR mode than I might actually consider resubbing for the first time since mid-Cata. Otherwise It's all Wildstar for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    Those will add nothing positive the hundreth time they force the player into combat.

I am yet to be told any reason why suddenly being unable to fly, when we flew in all the previous content, is actually enforcing immersion.

Even if all PvP players wanted wPvP, which is debatable at best, according to realmpop, there are more PvE players in US and EU combined than there are otherwise. Performing a change for the sake of a minority that will add nothing for the majority is a bad way to do business.

That will work only during questing, and even then it will be debatable. Once questing content is finished, all that will remain is the delays.

Indeed. Some professions require frequent distant travel. Archaeology is a good example, material farming another. Considering the distance between each dig site, archaeology, as observed so far (and we have no reason as of yet to believe that anything in that aspect will change), will become unfeasible without flight. As for material farming, skinners going after rarer materials will spend a lot of time traveling between spots where the animal required spawns, or will be forced into waiting its respawn time. Farming rarer ores usually takes long time even with flying; without it, getting from one trillium node to another would take too much time to be actually feasible (I guess that would make alchemists happy). Herbalism would face similar problems. Mind you, this is not "I want everything on a silver platter" - when getting one bar of trillium takes longer than finishing a 5man (as currently observed by yours truly - 5man HC takes 5 - 15 minutes, finding enough trillium to smelt one bar 20+, WITH flying), that isn't a good desing, that's causing a profession to be too much of a hassle.
    Having to keep your eyes open while traversing the world is nothing positive? Okay.
    Why can't we fly? The trainers haven't got there yet? Their boat got lost? Why can't you fly till max level when you can fly at level 85? If you're gonna nitpick at everything why stop there?
    Not everything is a business decision. Not wanting pvp is not a request in a MMORPG?
    And unless you show me delays are there, there's no proof for it.

Or you can use fight paths for faster travel for distant professions. It used to take people a whole raid tier to get the mats to finish some gear. Just because you won't have enough trillium for 4 toons, while finishing 3 sky golems is the least of your worries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I ignore everything if it is not in my quest objective. If you dodge, skip or ignore everything on the ground what does it matter how it;s done. And if you got stomped by the fel reaver, you should get a better pc and setup your view distance a little higher.

There is nothing dangerous about skipping mobs or any mob out in the world come max level. doesn't matter how blizzard wants to design it or how amazing their dismount mechanic is. Look at TI. What a waste that was just so they could have some no flying content.

Flying has more immersion for me at max level given I'm a God slayer multiple times over, than riding on a ground mount ever could but immersion is very subjective so whatever floats your boat. Just don't think your immersion is someone else s immersion at this point in the games life. Lets keep options not reduce them.

and yet we all know they will never balance the market with that so it will never happen. the common mats will still be just as common and the harder to get ones will be the same. What your getting is SWTOR companions and a few mats they collect at a cost in gold to send them on a mission.

The main collection of mats will still be getting them yourself.

Bingo ^
    Just because you ignore it does not remove its presence. Unless you're on a flying mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope everyone just read what this man just posted so you can disregard all serious discussion with him:

"I don't like that they took away my fun so I want flying back."

And no, your 900 dollars didn't pay for shit. Thanks though, I understand that 5K is a lot to you, but it's not that much in terms of development.
    I hope they did too. Then they can see the explanatory I laid out and the excuses you resort to. I hand out facts, and you hand out bullshit, because you are an elitist raider. You said so yourself just in the way you responded to me, and now you are pissed that I called you on it. Sorry it bothers you so much. Maybe you just need to take a few minutes and gather your thoughts on the matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    More "You not me you this" crap. You claim to care so much about peoples different play styles and what they find fun yet when it isn't what fits into your picture of it it suddenly is a <insert name here>. That is why I just can't take you seriously. Just a random hot head that cannot accept differences in this world. He just enjoys that part of the game. You enjoy flying..

Deal with it and get over it. For once.
    So, why is flying the best thing to happen in WoD? Hmmmmm?

No.
    Are you saying that my opinion about getting immersion from flight is wrong? Okay, you're oblivious and not worth talking to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everything is a business decision.
    This, right here... this tells me you have never run a business, or been higher up than a non-salary employee. Everything a business does has to be a calculated move. It's called Risk Managment. What can they gain? What can they lose? Can they be sued? Etc. Knowing how big business actually works might do you, and your "facts", some good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pootis View Post
    If they actually remove flying and/or remove LFR or give new sets/tiers to LFR mode than I might actually consider resubbing for the first time since mid-Cata. Otherwise It's all Wildstar for me.
    see you in WoD then? ;p current worst case scenario is 'no-flying in current content' and they already announced different gear for LFR.

now, if for every superman we get a guy like you, we're all good.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Are you saying that my opinion about getting immersion from flight is wrong? Okay, you're oblivious and not worth talking to.
    I don't think he knows what subjective means. Which why the whole increasing immersion is bullshit reason, I played a dwarf, I loved the wildhammer, they fly gryphons, being told that in a world with dwarves on birds that I can't be one of them is bullshit. Seeing dragons fly, hell even knowing there are flight paths can lead one to think that you could fly freely, which is how we probably got flying in the first place, people were on flight paths and thought "Wow, this is so neat, I wish I could freely stop my ride and help those explorers against that dragon" now we can, and that is somehow bad......
    Last edited by Stasso; 2014-05-29 at 03:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering most of what he does is tell us HIS opinion is more valid since he has been a top end raider for so many years.

I'm fine with it. I enjoyed the game before they added flying and I'll enjoy it again I'm sure. There are plenty of arguments on both sides of this discussion - we've had years of flying, why not give the other side a go and see how it pans out?

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Considering most of what he does is tell us HIS opinion is more valid since he has been a top end raider for so many years.
    Except I didnt raid at a top level since Wotlk, you're just upset I did more work for flying mounts than you did, and I cry less than you, that's all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except I didnt raid at a top level since Wotlk, you're just upset I did more work for flying mounts than you did, and I cry less than you, that's all.
    And here comes the elitist.... right on schedule.

Lol, how do you get immersion from something you can completely avoid. I don't understand. Immersion implies a deep mental involvement with something, so if you can dodge the mother fuckin elite, you're more immersed in the world? What?

- - - Updated - - -

And here comes the elitist.... right on schedule.
    Do you just throw out words without knowing what they mean? Don't be upset you spent 900 dollars then threw it away.

You're crying about people that are crying. Which is another thing you will never get through your head. You've been proven wrong so many times, and you ignore each and every one of those corrections. There is no hope for you.

This, right here... this tells me you have never run a business, or been higher up than a non-salary employee. Everything a business does has to be a calculated move. It's called Risk Managment. What can they gain? What can they lose? Can they be sued? Etc. Knowing how big business actually works might do you, and your "facts", some good.
    they are a group of goofy gamedesigners, who came together sometime ago to make goofy games together. not the typical serious buisnessguy imo.

btw they dont remove flying from the game, you can still fly around on all other continents just like before... get a grip people.

You're crying about people that are crying. Which is another thing you will never get through your head. You've been proven wrong so many times, and you ignore each and every one of those corrections. There is no hope for you.
    But I'm still on topic and you have yet to debunk any points other than "My immersion is opinionated" because my opinion is that I can fully engage with the world by flying above it, avoiding everything about the world...which is a contradiction you can't see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    they are a group of goofy gamedesigners, who came together sometime ago to make goofy games together. not the typical serious buisnessguy imo.
    Stop, he's a high level business man who spent over 5K on wow, and thinks he's a shareholder and when they took away flying, he threw all his stocks in the garbage.

Lol, how do you get immersion from something you can completely avoid. I don't understand. Immersion implies a deep mental involvement with something, so if you can dodge the mother fuckin elite, you're more immersed in the world? What?
    Hey, that's cool! let's all make up definitions! If you have to ask this question then you don't know what the word means and how it can be subjective. Subjective is probably another word you don't know anything about.

Good for you, I remember in TBC being on the IQD with the bombing runs and saying "OMG I WANT A DRAGONHAWK". My 100th mount was the frostweave carpet. I dropped mining on my rogue, to pick up tailoring. Mounts were my thing, but what really made me sequel with delight was the best boss fight in my opinion, Alyrazor. A fight where I could fly and deal damage, oh how mad I was when I lost the roll for the mount, but my god I loved that fight. Now that is just my cup of tea.

I understand that people want to try new things, but no flying isn't new, it is rehashed. It was used in vanilla, it is used 1-59, it is used 85-90, it isn't new.

Hey, that's cool! let's all make up definitions! If you have to ask this question then you don't know what the word means and how it can be subjective. Subjective is probably another word you don't know anything about.
    K what's immersion mean?

SNIP...
    Just because you ignore it does not remove its presence. Unless you're on a flying mount.
    It it has no Bering on my mission then it's all in the same boat. Does matter what is there, if I ignore it, run though it and never engage it, it simply "being there" means nothing.

Doesn't matter how you ignore it. If you fly over it, around it or right through it or stealth it, wait for someone else to pull it. It's all pretty worthless at that point.

It's especially worthless come max level when you have just done all that for the past 10 level. Meaningless content is meaningless, doesn't matter if it has a pretense or not cause players will make that null and void if they so choose.

removing flying isn't about skipping content. there are a more than enough ways to do that. It's all about slowing content consumption and done at the cost of gamers. that should not be supported.