Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    See here is the thing blizzards idea is going to fall flat on its face. They want people out in the world but here is what a lot of people will do.

Step 1: Level to 100 in WOD. This will put them in the world for 10 levels/few hours.
    Step 2: Go to Org/Dal/Stormwind ect..... and Q for Flex/Normal. If they are in a raiding guild then a couple will fly and summon the rest for Heroic/Mythic.

After a month or so the zones will be dead as they are now. Taking away flying dose not change this. Taking away flying from 90-99 I get but at level 100 people should be able to fly. You can't just add a feature to the game and then take it away thinking no one will be pissed.

Some people could be borederline on unsubbing and this will be enough for them to leave.

Ya I know there is a huge group who dose not give a shit about players who like flying and will leave. But here is the thing less players = less money = less content.
    And that is what I have been telling since i started to follow this thread. Saying flying ruined the game is down right moronic. What ruined the game is Blizzards inability to provide good content that could be played over and over - keep in mind that Im talking about content outside of dungeons/raids/BGs and scenarios... If They remove flying there are 2 thing I could do. Sit in a town and only queue for dungeons/raids and use garrisons to farm for gear and mats or I could cancel my sub after close to 10 years...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Real World View Post
    In all fairness, it won't really be wasted. While I understand the desire to use the mounts in the new zones, most players will hit 100, and likely end up in their main city, or their MAIN city (SW / ORG). Ultimately, though I am looking forward to trying WoD, I am confident flying will eventually (likely 6.1) make its way back into the game. As players start hitting 100, and are unable to purchase flying 5 days into the new expac, they will open a ticket, and hear it will be 4-5 more months before a decision is reached. If the protest is large enough, and I believe it will be, flying will be patched in with the first major patch (6.1).
    And that was what I was telling. Flying isnt whats bed in this game, lack of content is. So removing flying to solve that isnt going to happen, not until they remove queues for dungeon/raids/scenarios/BGs...

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Collector with 150? That's not that much. I have 187 and i don;t think that's much + I can get to 196 in 2 weeks ( if i continue to do argent tournaments and buy those ) and buy few like chopper, vendor mount and so on...

And it is about having favorite mount it's about how much time you invested into getting those mounts. Some mounts are rewards for me for time invested and for doing good in raids, why should all that go to waste?
    It should be stated that i refuse to support the Blizzard store and own a paid for mount. So I'm already behind in that regard. But it's okay if you're not impressed with my collection. I'm proud of it.

And that was what I was telling. Flying isnt whats bed in this game, lack of content is. So removing flying to solve that isnt going to happen, not until they remove queues for dungeon/raids/scenarios/BGs...
    Which will never actually happen. So, at this point, the only recourse is to stand up, be heard, and wait for 6.1 (should you so choose). Blizz will not patch it in any sooner than than. I don't want flying removed, but I am willing to give it an honest try.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    It should be stated that i refuse to support the Blizzard store and own a paid for mount. So I'm already behind in that regard. But it's okay if you're not impressed with my collection. I'm proud of it.
    I haven't purchased any mount, not even TCG mounts that I could afford if I see them on AH

- - - Updated - - -

Which will never actually happen. So, at this point, the only recourse is to stand up, be heard, and wait for 6.1 (should you so choose). Blizz will not patch it in any sooner than than. I don't want flying removed, but I am willing to give it an honest try.
    Well ppl have been telling that we need to stat squish for years ( some since TBC ) but each expansion we had more and more, now they decided to do so since it became insane and it also caused lag issues. So I guess in a near future we could see queues removed or removed in a way that you can queue but you need to travel there in order to enter...

Well ppl have been telling that we need to stat squish for years ( some since TBC ) but each expansion we had more and more, now they decided to do so since it became insane and it also caused lag issues. So I guess in a near future we could see queues removed or removed in a way that you can queue but you need to travel there in order to enter...
    Anything is possible. It just requires tact and timing. If something bothers you enough, to change good, or bad, it is best to let Blizz know. Many of today's QoL changes have been the result of a dissatisfied player making a request.

I don't believe it is game breaking, though it may disrupt the immersion of others in their own personal game. But, as someone who loves flying, and collects flying mounts, even I am willing to admit, with all honesty, they are overpowered, which is what makes them the popular choice for transportation from lvl 60-85 and again at 90.
    That's why I was personally fine with flying in 6.1 or flying at max level.

You should face those encounters the way they're intended the first time and feel the thrill of mowing through those mobs. Flight keeps you out in the world after you've done those things over and over to ease the tediousness of them and open up new areas to explore.

You aren't allowed to just skip the world just because you've seen it. It's still there because it's still the World of Warcraft. That IS the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    How does one actually see, what's down there?

Clear enough to be able to mark every location on their map, "Oh, there's Jade Witches House" *new location added!*

And still... I was able to detect rare mob from that height, whaaat? Do flying mounts come with binoculars?

Yeah WoW has infinite vertical range. Probably because it wasn't originally designed with flight in mind.

Is it possible to level without stepping out of your city? If the answer is yes, then all players for removal of flying are full of it...
    Why? If you want to queue for dungeons to level while afk in the air in SW/Org, good for you. If you want to level you have to ride, just like you did in MoP.

Only difference is that in WoD you don't go from no flight leveling to flying + dailies. Instead you go from no flight leveling to TI, because that's the content style that replaces dailies.

I mean they could've made all of Draenor a questing zone and put all the endgame content on some island off the coast. That way you could fly around Draenor all you wanted... not that there would be any point since once you're max level the leveling content is irrelevant. Instead they opted to combine the leveling and endgame areas into Draenor as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

People who love Baseball cards would be upset if they stopped selling baseball cards. People will always find something to love, and a reason to love it. For the same reason we enjoy our ground mounts as well. I am not in favor of flying being removed; however, I am willing to give WoD a chance without flight to see if the content rises to the occasion.
    I have 225 mounts, a lot of which are flying. If they were removed I would be extremely pissed off.

But if I can't use them in Draenor, at least for a patch or so, big frickin deal IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I see it as Blizzard making shit up, and you guys parroting it all day, every day.

I don't see how you can consider anything they say, on this subject, to be logical at all...

I won't bother sharing my perceptions of pro-flyers, what they want and why the want it because nobody cares and it's irrelevant. I'll leave it instead at everyone has their own perceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Do you even realize that open world and arenas are meant to be different things?

Open world content can be just as rewarding as arena without the removal of flight. Blizzard just doesn't want to spend the money to make that content. It is far easier to create the same old bullshit than it is to create something new.

Which is why the world will never be populated when there are things like arena that dwarf it.

I doubt that you could just throw money on the problem and make it go away. Based on past statements it sounds like something they've tried but found no effective solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    But we already tried this in vanilla...for 2 years. I know I was there. And sure the gates opening event for aq40 was cool but it crashed the server. Riding my first time to iron forge to fend off a horde raid was fun the first few times as well.

But eventually it just gets played out. And here's the thing. Blizzard lumps a stupid amount of needed busy work for raiders to do to stay competitive with the content. Rep farming, quests...at this point, they've lumped on so much shit that realistically isn't optional, that I don't have time to care about shit that doesn't progress my character in any way. That's wpvp...that's raiding a city or anything else that isn't directly related to my bring in adequate gear with pots and the like for raids.

Not flying was fun 8 years ago when the world/game was new. It's not new anymore. Every trick they could do artistically has been done. Now it's just about playing whichever aspect you like of wow and focusing in on that.

It's only realistically not option for the hardcore raiders. There's lots of wiggle room on the casual raider level that you don't need to do every bit of content to get even the slightest edge. If you're a hardcore raider then you have a point.

I enjoyed vanilla's travel model better, minus the time period where there were no auto flight paths. That's all I can say about that really.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    The issue is that it's the alpha mode of transportation. It has no drawback at all. You're much faster than ground mounts, and you're completely safe while zooming around at ridiculous speed. It needs to have a risk vs reward element involved in order for there to be a REAL choice in travel.
    Why does there have to be a choice? Ground mounts are useful in lower levels and PvP areas. Why do they need to be useful in all higher level zones? Why can't they be something your character evolves past needing? No one whines that you outlevel needing to walk, or outlevel the 60% speed ground mount but god forbid you outlevel the faster ground mount....

- - - Updated - - -

You didn't read what i said at all. Atleast running by somebody in the world is a million times more social than what we have right now. And no, nobody is going to be sulking around the world pouting because their dragons.
    Right, I won't be in the game sulking about my dragon because I unsubscribed. No flying removed me from the world entirely because it makes me not even want to play the freaking game at all. I would have been out there if there was flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    You aren't allowed to just skip the world just because you've seen it. It's still there because it's still the World of Warcraft. That IS the world.
    You better tell that to the people getting gear in the Timeless Isle. They're skipping a crapton of raid content.

Also there's: Heirlooms, Grand Commendations, Daily rep grinds you can skip by farming, Leveling XP requirements that are lowered every new expansion. Then there's the fact that with $50 or $60 dollars YOU CAN SKIP THE WHOLE DAMN THING.

I think the record pretty clearly shows Blizzard is against forcing you to redo content over and over just for the sake of it.
    Last edited by bryroo; 2014-06-25 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Looks like you have your hands full with people who aren't buying your statements. Might actually restore my faith in the community. I had a feeling you'd make some kind of snyde comment.
    Thought you said your leaving!!!!!! Knew you couldn't resist running back to my arms

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    $50 or $60 dollars YOU CAN SKIP THE WHOLE DAMN THING.

I think the record pretty clearly shows Blizzard is against forcing you to redo content over and over just for the sake of it.
    That's actually a catch up mechanism. Has nothing to do with skipping content.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    I won't bother sharing my perceptions of pro-flyers, what they want and why the want it because nobody cares and it's irrelevant. I'll leave it instead at everyone has their own perceptions.

I doubt that you could just throw money on the problem and make it go away. Based on past statements it sounds like something they've tried but found no effective solution.

It's only realistically not option for the hardcore raiders. There's lots of wiggle room on the casual raider level that you don't need to do every bit of content to get even the slightest edge. If you're a hardcore raider then you have a point.

I enjoyed vanilla's travel model better, minus the time period where there were no auto flight paths. That's all I can say about that really.
    What a crock. There's gonna be another version of the cloak...more stupid rep grinds, some form of pot and food I need to keep up with. You think blizzards just gonna 180 from all that?

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol and what is the purpose of a catch up mechanism? Could it be to skip content?
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    You better tell that to the people getting gear in the Timeless Isle. They're skipping a crapton of raid content.

Also there's: Heirlooms, Grand Commendations, Daily rep grinds you can skip by farming, Leveling XP requirements that are lowered every new expansion. Then there's the fact that with $50 or $60 dollars YOU CAN SKIP THE WHOLE DAMN THING.

Missed the point. If I'm in Florida and want to go to North Carolina. I have to go through Georgia, because that's what's there. I can't just skip GA because I've seen it. "What about taking a plane" you're about to say. It's called a flight path. The world loses it's realness when you can pick and choose what parts you want to deal with.

So when you purchase an instant 90 you DON'T skip all the content you would've normally done to reach level 90?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Why does there have to be a choice? Ground mounts are useful in lower levels and PvP areas. Why do they need to be useful in all higher level zones? Why can't they be something your character evolves past needing? No one whines that you outlevel needing to walk, or outlevel the 60% speed ground mount but god forbid you outlevel the faster ground mount....
    Because everything in the game revolves around that system and having an alpha mode of transportation that's both the safest and fastest way to travel punishes those that don't like to fly. This is the problem here though as you have demonstrated. Instead of addressing what can be done to resolve it you dance around it . You're the perfect example of why somebody like me who's passive on flying mounts and would normally rather see them balanced instead of removed doesn't really truly care if they ever come back just to thin the herd a little bit.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Missed the point. If I'm in Florida and want to go to North Carolina. I have to go through Georgia, because that's what's there. I can't just skip GA because I've seen it. "What about taking a plane" you're about to say. It's called a flight path. The world loses it's realness when you can pick and choose what parts you want to deal with.
    No I didn't miss the point. You're ignoring mine and applying real world logic to a video game. If real life were like Warcraft you'd just hire a mage to port you North Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Because everything in the game revolves around that system and having an alpha mode of transportation that's both the safest and fastest way to travel punishes those that don't like to fly. This is the problem here though as you have demonstrated. Instead of addressing what can be done to resolve it you dance around it . You're the perfect example of why somebody like me who's passive on flying mounts and would normally rather see them balanced instead of removed doesn't really truly care if they ever come back just to thin the herd a little bit.
    Because from my perspective, there are no drawbacks to flight at all. If they are going to restrict it this much, I just won't play, because I love flight too much. Having flight makes the game a ton better for me and removing it is 100% negative no positives for me. Not worth my time, not worth my money. Also flying as a max level mechanic (and sometimes earlier than max level) has existed almost the entire time the game existed. It is a core mechanic at this point just as much as ground mounts, it's been eight years in the game and not liking flying won't erase eight years of it existing.