Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I have yet to see anyone prove this to be true(PvP part). Will you be the first person to do it?
    What needs to be proved? Flying is disabled in all PvP zones and BGs for exactly this reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I have yet to see anyone prove this to be true(PvP part). Will you be the first person to do it?
    I'm 300 yards up in the air, flying towards a quest marker without a care in the world. Try to attack me.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

... You do know that the argument from anti-flying people is that your avoiding content with flying mounts? It isn't the pro-flying stance...
    Yes, it was sarcasm. In that, if you run past a elite mob, you have to make some mental adjustments to not run into its foot or you will die, thus you haven't bypassed content. For flying, you can press W, put on auto run and derp at your screen, doesnt matter what happens, you're safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Maybe you should should stop looking through the last two pages, and read the entirety of the thread if you're looking for "counterpoints" because I'm certainly not repeating it for someone like you. The trash in trigger don't offer you shit at max level. I'd still rather run into something should I go through an area other than nothing because I'M LEVEL 100!

I'd rather the area in Dark Souls not become empty because I maxed out my weapon and all he drops is cloth. But again, I care about my game world, and you clearly don't give two fucks bout it.
    I've been an extremely prominent member of this discussion since very early on into this 850 page roundabout. The reason I'm still here and the reason that this thread still continues on is because whenever one of the "ant flight" preachers are challenged, it takes them dozens of pages to get over themselves and realize that they don't actually have a logical response to the people challenging them because in the end it all boils down to "In my opinion this will be pretty swell!" which would be fine if they weren't trying to pass it off as something greater than an opinion.

Your examples are shit. Quit bringing other genres into an MMO (specifically WoW) discussion. You wanna beat your head against monsters with no reward for hours on end, go for it. Log out and go play those games. I loved Dark souls and I still play through Chrono Trigger at least once every couple of years, but when I log into my MMO, I'm there to play an MMO. The same logic doesn't apply. Not even close.

Molest your capslock key all you want, you're still failing to come up with anything more convincing than "LOLZ ALL DEEZ PEOPLE DISAGREEING WITH ME ARE DUMBS"
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

If I had to run to Onyxia's lair from a nearby FP, I would enjoy the game a lot more than I do when I fly to it from the flight point. But...can't accidentally hurt your feelings.
    Why can't you do that now? Lack of self control?
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I'm 300 yards up in the air. Try to attack me.
    I did. It took me 55 minutes to get an AFK paladin from 100%-20% before he flew away. It was so fun for me. Not.

Man, I love how salty you kids got the second you realized you're not getting your way thanks to your little tantrums.
    It's hilarious. It will be even more hilarious if it turns out they're still playing and had no honest intention of quitting.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    What needs to be proved? Flying is disabled in all PvP zones and BGs for exactly this reason.
    Because they have objectives. Blizzard said it themselves that they are disabled because the objectives would be trivial if there was flight. I have only seen anti-flying people claim that PvP(outside of objective based play) is harmed by flying. We aren't talking about BGs or PvP zones. We are talking about WPvP. So, please, show me how WPvP is harmed by flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you don't need to kill every single mob, as long as you're forced to react to it. You can't blindly run past the charging Tauren, they dismount you lol. Same as in BC, you can't blindly run into the Fel Reaver's foot, he will kill you.

And yes, a flight path doesn't bypass content like a flying mount because it forces you to engage with it after a certain point. Flying mounts give me the OPTION to engage, and the option to 100% skip. 100% skip is bad.

But not for you. You do what you want buddy, I know you have great logic as to why it's okay to do so. "It's convenient for you" "Convenient has become the norm for you" "Stop taking away my convenient" Etc.
    Flight points dont offer any gameplay options that a flying mount doesn't also offer. Don't wanna skip mobs on the ground? Land and fight them. The choice is "100%" there.

I'm 300 yards up in the air. Try to attack me.
    They can dismount and cast an ice lance at you, maybe even put up some dots! That's emergent pvp right??

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    Why can't you do that now? Lack of self control?
    ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL, and there's where you fail. Do you need me to spell it out for you? Why I shouldn't need to play the game by some design in my head and not the design the game developers intended? hahahaha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    Flight points dont offer any gameplay options that a flying mount doesn't also offer. Don't wanna skip mobs on the ground? Land and fight them. The choice is "100%" there.
    Right, so the choice of skipping it is also 100% there, and that's bad. But again, not for you, you'd rather focus on some bullshit that doesn't make sense.

I could run from portal to portal instead of Quicktraveling in Gwars 2. But there's a reason quicktravel is BAAAD. Nah, all good though, this is why profliers don't get taken seriously. you dont give a shit about the game, I understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 300 yards up in the air, flying towards a quest marker without a care in the world. Try to attack me.
    I have plenty of times before MoP but now its not as fun you can't kill them as fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, so the choice of skipping it is also 100% there, and that's bad. But again, not for you, you'd rather focus on some bullshit that doesn't make sense.
    The choice of skipping it is there in a world without flight too. Mount to your nearest flightmaster and fly somewhere else. The hell is your point?

Deleted
    Because they have objectives. Blizzard said it themselves that they are disabled because the objectives would be trivial if there was flight. I have only seen anti-flying people claim that PvP(outside of objective based play) is harmed by flying. We aren't talking about BGs or PvP zones. We are talking about WPvP. So, please, show me how WPvP is harmed by flying.
    Because a 1.5 sec immunity ejector seat negates any form of conflict.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    The reason I'm still here and the reason that this thread still continues on is because whenever one of the "ant flight" preachers are challenged, it takes them dozens of pages to get over themselves and realize that they don't actually have a logical response to the people challenging them because in the end it all boils down to "In my opinion this will be pretty swell!" which would be fine if they weren't trying to pass it off as something greater than an opinion.
    Same way I could say that all the pro-flight arguments boils down to "I see it as trivial, so I should be able to skip it", "Choice" and an incredible lack of understanding as to why the ability to fly completely safe in a progression MMO makes people skip content?
    But that's a bad way of debating so I generally try to avoid it.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2014-08-21 at 07:17 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Which is less and less. I think that is what the problem is. Each new version of the game contains less than the previous version. The problem is Blizzard wants it to last as long as the earlier versions. To accomplish this then add in gates to slow down progress.
    Okay cool, I liked it when it was less.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL, and there's where you fail. Do you need me to spell it out for you? Why I shouldn't need to play the game by some design in my head and not the design the game developers intended? hahahaha.
    You rather be on rails than do what's fun? "Man I really hate these cookies, but I have to eat them because they're meant to be eaten..." What a dumb statement.

The choice of skipping it is there in a world without flight too. Mount to your nearest flightmaster and fly somewhere else. The hell is your point?
    Are you retarded? HAHAHAHAHA HOW? IF your objective is the middle of a field of fucking dinosaurs, where am I going to the flightmaster to go? Into the middle of that field? Dear god.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2014-08-22 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    Because a 1.5 sec immunity ejector seat negates any form of conflict.
    How is that any different than mounting a ground mount? If someone can get away from you and mount on something, the likelihood of them escaping is almost 100% chance.

You rather be on rails than do what's fun? "Man I really hate these cookies, but I have to eat them because they're meant to be eaten..." What a dumb statement.
    Yeah, because I play to raid. If i have to eat some shitty cookies in order to raid with friends, my life will go on.