Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Hey look, another flying mount!
    It does look cool. To bad it will look dumb as hell running around on the ground like a wounded parrot in WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Oh they have officially said that "in hindsight it was a mistake" a long time ago.
    Sure but they opened the Pandora box. Trying to shove it back in is more then likely going to piss people off. So the responsible and smart thing to do would be deal with it .. like they had for the past 8 years.

Flying didn't make the world less dangerous it made it less tedious... Blizz made the world less dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    You're not really helping your argument. Everyone knows Blizzard has catered to casuals for too long now. Ghostcrawler just came out and said that's why he no longer wished to work there. Obviously Blizzard is getting the hint and stepping back on the easy mode. So I guess the game is not as casual friendly as you want it to be now? That's too bad. But guess what. Everyone hates casuals. Even casuals thinks its cool to hate casuals. And if I must say so, you sound a lot like a casual.
    Everyone does not hate casuals. Ridiculous statement
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-08-26 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Everyone does not had casuals. Ridiculous statement
    among many.

Casuals are the back bone of WoW .. if all these hated casuals left you would have a MMO of probably about 1 million.. maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    I'm fairly sure that at some level blizz regrets adding flying in the first place.

WoW's an mmorpg, there's supposed to be some travelling and grinding and stuff like that. If it doesn't suit someone, well maybe they are playing the wrong game.
    It has been discussed many times in this thread that even with flying, WOW has one of the slowest transportation systems in the industry. GW2 does not even have mounts and you can travel easily 10 times faster. Rift's travel is amazing as well.

Few people like commuting slowly like there stuck in traffic just to get to a quest.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone does not had casuals. Ridiculous statement
    Ordinator is universally known as one of the worst trolls on MMO-Champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    It's not completed content, it's the world in which your content lays. God forbid you have to traverse the world in an open world game. What your looking for isn't what WoW is.
    No, what I'm talking about is completed content. Don't change what I've said.

Why "god forbid you have to traverse the world in the open world game"? We traverse with world with flight taxi, hearthstones, summons and portals. Flying is just another way to traverse the world.

Somehow you just can't seem to understand, different people enjoy different aspects of the game. We all skip what we don't like and participate in what we do. Flying lets me skip worn-out completed content, just like flight taxi, but better.

Will Blizzard introduce flying in WoD? As of right not, according to Tom Chilton, the likelihood is "overwhelmingly" low.

How will I respond? The penalty of no-flight will push me out of the open world at max level to play the game from menus in Garrisons and queues from cities.

Take your "vacation time" from the forum to contemplate that there are many aspects of the game, we don't have to enjoy all of them and it's ok to participate in what we like to do and skip what we don't like.

The penalty of no-flight will push me out of the open world at max level to play the game from menus in Garrisons and queues from cities.
    That's happening since... the invention of LFG and LFR.
    Forum discussions are almost completely worthless to developers. It is a bunch of uninformed idiotic users screaming their untested crappy ass ideas over everyone else. Real data comes from studying what people do in game, how they react to changes, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titebiere83 View Post
    That's happening since... the invention of LFG and LFR.
    It didn't for me, I was out in the world gathering. Now I will sit in my Garrison to do that.

Just wish Blizzard would setup Garrison play for my iPhone and iPad.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    [I][INDENT]Let's just say that after working on Age of Empires and World of Warcraft for a total of 16 years, it's really refreshing to work on a game where I don't have to worry whether someone's grandmother can pick it up or not.
    =/=

Everyone knows Blizzard has catered to casuals for too long now. Ghostcrawler just came out and said that's why he no longer wished to work there.
    It's not even remotely the same thing. Saying it's refreshing to work on something new doesn't mean you didn't like what you used to work on. It is far more likely he meant that he has grown tired of working to a model that once appealed to him. Why else would he have worked at Blizzard for so long in the first place? Sometimes people just want a change of scenery. It doesn't make the new scene better.

It didn't for me, I was out in the world gathering. Now I will sit in my Garrison to do that.
    And you can still be doing that.
    Forum discussions are almost completely worthless to developers. It is a bunch of uninformed idiotic users screaming their untested crappy ass ideas over everyone else. Real data comes from studying what people do in game, how they react to changes, etc.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh they have officially said that "in hindsight it was a mistake" a long time ago.
    Again that is not what he said. He said he would try a different path because some of the consequences of flying mounts (specifically making the world so safe) were not to his personal liking.

In order to properly assess whether flying was a "mistake" one would need to know what would have been the consequences of not having flying. But that is not the path WoW took so we can only speculate.

Personally I think WoW would have been worse off without flying mounts at all - in spite of the negative aspects of having them in the game. Ghostcrawler himself, in the same tweet you are quoting admitted that flying was both "pretty cool" and that "convenience is fun". You could say that without flying mounts, WoW becomes less fun.

All that being said I am wise enough to recognise that there are merits to both sides of this argument. There are pros and cons to either having flying and not having flying, and anyone who argues that is obviously better to have them or obviously better not to have them is obviously not very smart.

What we can infer from past experience is that not having flying mounts at the start of an expansion does enhance immersion and gets players to engage more with the game - something that is most probably a good thing in the overwhelming majority of cases. Something else that we can infer from past experience is that a lot of players start to find it tedious having to travel around the world once the content has been explored, making it somewhat likely that flying mounts would be a good thing to introduce at some point during the expansion.

Exactly when that time will be is anyone's guess at this stage. Obviously some people will want it sooner than others, and some may not even want it at all, but either way, Blizzard's plan of gauging player reaction over time and monitoring the mood seems like a good idea. If they can figure out once (if at all) the general sentiment becomes "meh - all this ground travel is becoming tedious" then they're likely to be able to introduce flying at a good time.

There will be flying. Just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Ordinator is universally known as one of the worst trolls on MMO-Champion.
    Im a troll because I call out all your bullshit? Okay. You make up stuff, over exaggerate and flat out lie in everyone of your posts so im not sure how im "universally known" as a troll.. Oh wait.. You're just making up shit again. Perhaps if you want to actually bring something to the table you would try something other than your half assed discredit tactics that everyone can see right through.

Im a troll because I call out all your bullshit? Okay. You make up stuff, over exaggerate and flat out lie in everyone of your posts so im not sure how im "universally known" as a troll.. Oh wait.. You're just making up shit again. Perhaps if you want to actually bring something to the table you would try something other than your half assed discredit tactics that everyone can see right through.

Maybe you do not know how much of a troll you really are. That is always possible. I will look online and see if they have any internet troll intervention guides.

On the topic of your comments regarding me: Sure, I may bend my information to serve my purpose, but at least i am honest with myself about it.

Its not just what you say ordinator, it is how you personally attack people.

I do not have anything against you, I think your ideology will ruin the game, but that has nothing to do with you as a person. We have differing opinions.

If we can't get a little silly on a video game forum, where can we?

Back to the real topic at hand though. No flying sucks and will probably bring about the collapse of WOW if it is removed. This could lead to Activision going out of Business and Call of Duty no longer being developed. Which could lead to less obesity in children as they will go outside and play.

Maybe you should use messages like this to better serve your point.
    Last edited by Barkloud; 2014-08-26 at 03:50 PM.

Deleted

It's easy for him to say. He wasn't even around at that point. He sure likes to bash Vanilla and TBC.

You're not really helping your argument. Everyone knows Blizzard has catered to casuals for too long now. Ghostcrawler just came out and said that's why he no longer wished to work there. Obviously Blizzard is getting the hint and stepping back on the easy mode.
    Cause making the game a little harder, no matter what side of the fence you land on has nothing to do with flying on the world or it's difficulty.

There is no hard content in WoD once you reach max level. All those mobs mean nothing and removing flying doesn't add some amazing game play to the game. I'm playing it. it doesn't bring a level of excitement or fun or difficulty to WoD. It prolongs tedious things you want to do in game. In the theme park of wow, all blizzard has done is make the lines to get to fun and entertainment....Longer.

You can hope for some TI-style content but even that wasn't hard even in groups. Hell, more than half the time I never made it to the spawn because it was dead before I got there. At least with flying I could have made it to the kill.

So I guess the game is not as casual friendly as you want it to be now? That's too bad. But guess what. Everyone hates casuals. Even casuals thinks its cool to hate casuals. And if I must say so, you sound a lot like a casual.
    You want to know what blizzard learned? WOW gamers do not rise to the occasion of harder content for the most part.

From GS himself:

"We thought in Cata that we could entice players to rise to the occasion to do harder content. But, you know, some players just said that's not why they play the game. More power to them."

They learned that in cataclysm with harder heroics dungeons. You think the same move again in WoD is somehow going to suddenly move gamers away from a casual mentality? Sorry but thats simply not going to happen and removing flying isn't going to make it happen either.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-08-26 at 05:27 PM.

i said it before and gladly do so again; if you think removal of flying is a good thing, just look at isle of thunder and you will se that it isnt. Unarguable.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Cause making the game a little harder, no matter what side of the fence you land on has nothing to do with flying on the world or it's difficulty.

There is no hard content in WoD once you reach max level. All those mobs mean nothing and removing flying doesn't add some amazing game play to the game. I'm playing it. it doesn't bring a level of excitement or fun or difficulty to WoD. It prolongs tedious things you want to do in game. In the theme park of wow, all blizzard has done is make the lines to get to fun and entertainment

You can hope for some TI-style content but even that wasn't hard even in groups. Hell, more than half the time I never made it to the spawn because it was dead before I got there. At least with flying I could have made it to the kill.

You want to know what blizzard learned? WOW gamers do not rise to the occasion of harder content for the most part.

From GS himself:

"We thought in Cata that we could entice players to rise to the occasion to do harder content. But, you know, some players just said that's not why they play the game. More power to them."

They learned that in cataclysm with harder heroics dungeons. You think the same move again in WoD is somehow going to suddenly move gamers away from a casual mentality? Sorry but thats simply not going to happen and removing flying isn't going to make it happen either.
    Well written post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ns View Post
    if you think removal of flying is a good thing, just look at isle of thunder and you will se that it isnt. Unarguable.
    I don't see the problem, care to enlighten?

<-- fan of Isle of Thunder.

I really wish people would stop acting like they have a clue. There will more than likely be flying, just not at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post
    I really wish people would stop acting like they have a clue. There will more than likely be flying, just not at launch.
    You cannot really Blame people for being confused.

Alex A says likely flying is gone

Bashiok explains why it is a good thing

Bashiok comes back and states flying will most likely be back after 6.1

Tom Chilton says flying is most likely gone

That leads us to today. Where we still do not know. I think a change of this magnitude warrants a dev speak.