Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    So no matter how bad a feature was in the first place, and Flight has been a regret of Blizzards for a long time, removal of the feature is a bad idea?

There is nothing they can do that would make you use ground mounts when you are able to fly, simply because flying mounts will be stronger in every case.
    One of the biggest regrets Blizzard has is implementing arenas. Do you want them removed? (Actually I would support that, but not removal of flying)
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    One more thing...a car sales man once tried to sell me a car that did not have an air conditioner unit not installed (brand new car) but he said they could eventually do it. I walked out and told him shove it.

Either flying is a feature of the expansion or it is not. If Blizzard is afraid of the potentially backlash and refuse to make a decision now that indicates that they do not believe in removing flying in the first place. Either you believe in the design of your game or you don't (start over).
    Your analogy is crap.

A better one would be a saleman selling you a car without an air conditioner, and he tells you if you want it that he can install it if you want it later. If you end up moving far north, you arent going to want an air conditioner installed after all, if you move south, then you may end up wanting it. If winter is coming, you may not want to spend the money at the time, but may choose to do so later in summer if opening the windows isnt enough for you.

They are making a decision based on responses of a world without flying at cap. They dont have this data now because players who never played at cap when there was no flight are giving an opinion with no experience. These players see Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle as changes and complain about them, but they still have not played a game without flying at max level for everything. Listening to responses of people who cant even comprehend that the world will be designed to be traversed by ground mounts, and will not be as hard to travel on the ground as in zones designed for flight, is ridiculous. How can you expect them to make a decision without real data regarding a game without flying? Right now they have a bunch of players freaking out because they cant imagine playing without flight, insisting they would hate it despite never playing it. There are some players from classic who are both for and against this change, but thats not enough for them to make a decision. As they said, its about 50/50 on their current responses.

It really makes me laugh that people complained about the "cartoonish and immature" Pandaren but will consider playing Wildstar which looks like it was produced by the Cartoon Network.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    One of the biggest regrets Blizzard has is implementing arenas. Do you want them removed? (Actually I would support that, but not removal of flying)
    Yes I do, they have been too comp dependent for a long time now and I would prefer to have RBGs be a bigger focus or bring back the rank grind but altered.

Deleted
    Permanent no flying = Music to my ears. If the gear normalization and resilience changes they talk about is done well then I can hope for a game that feels like vanilla. Imo if they want to make the world more alive, they should make queues area restricted. You'd have to be in the same area where the instance is to join the queue. Or make it so that the vendors to get the items are unlocked when you hold the area (although in the current state of the servers this will create problems with population imbalance etc). But no flying is a step to the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    It will take 30-33% longer to do dailies, gathering, archaelogy, etc.

Your loss I guess when the servers are empty and immersion of a lively world filled with players is broken.

Everyone will be in AFKgarrisons leveling professions, etc waiting for queues.
    Yea because seeing 493786529084375629834756293847523 people afk'ing on flying mounts in shrine waiting for qs is the epitome of immersion lol. The only thing that will change in your example is that my fps won't drop every time i hearthstone. Your numbers are irrelevant as well. Like you know how the new areas are going to be so you can tell how hard is going to be to farm archaeology. If you can reach the daily hubs by flight path then nothing will change. Would it be that much faster to do the dailies if you could fly on timeless isle? Or on Isle of Quel Danas? No. Because it's designed that way.

Also people talk about herbalism and mining etc. You think that blizzard creates the recipes out of their ass or something? We never had problems farming mining in vanilla. With half an hour farming in thousand needles I had enough bars for one week worth of iron grenades. If they decrease the cost of the new recipes in terms of materials, it will decrease the farming times way more than letting you fly. Your only problem would be that you will have to compete for them. Essentially the only people that whine about flying mounts are the lazy people that don't really enjoy this game and they play out of habit.

This is the best time for Blizzard to make changes and see how people react to these cause wow is getting old and we need a change of pace.

There is nothing they can do that would make you use ground mounts when you are able to fly, simply because flying mounts will be stronger in every case.
    They could make flying mounts move only as fast as a player could run on foot (0% speed increase). So flying mount simply enables you be in the air.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    It really makes me laugh that people complained about the "cartoonish and immature" Pandaren but will consider playing Wildstar which looks like it was produced by the Cartoon Network.
    Your in the wrong thread with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    or maybe, just maybe, they will make that stuff just as fast with ground mounts?
    There was a posts about someone crying how he can never think of collecting materials without flying, which got answered something along the lines "it is possible to make it just as fast"
    The will never make it faster.

WHY?

Cause they will never take flying out permanently and everyone will get it right back come 6.1

So no, blizzard will not make a huge change to resource gathering to just revert it back when they hand flying back at max level making all the reason they limited flying in the first place pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    See a node? Land and stay mounted to see if you agro something. If you get agro, fly up and instantly loose agro to change a spot where you won't agro. If not, proceed to mine/herb.
    See a node, ride to it and see if you pull too many mobs - if you do run away till you lose agro. Same effect really - sure bit more "dangerous" but still can be done. As for those cheating rogues and druids.... damn them and stealthing!

Point is, this is not "cheating" or "like cheating" anymore than someone with a 100% mount is cheating over someone with a 60% mount. Some people will beat you to stuff - sometimes because they are better than you, other times because they have an advantage over you. That's part of what the game is about. It doesn't need to be "everyone has equal chance to get everything at every level". Sure flying mount gives someone an advantage, just as better gear gives someone an advantage when it comes to soloing a rare. Its just "how it is" and it doesn't need to be any different.

For the PVP capture ones you mentioned - I thought the pointer wouldn't start moving unless you were unmounted. Even then though I know that with a flying mount you could many times just mount up and fly as soon as you SAW someone approaching. However I don't personally feel that PVP capture mechanisms in open zones are much of a reason against flying mounts as there wasn't even much going on there when it was current!

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Your in the wrong thread with that.

The will never make it faster.

WHY?

Cause they will never take flying out permanently and everyone will get it right back come 6.1

So no, blizzard will not make a huge change to resource gathering to just revert it back when they hand flying back at max level making all the reason they limited flying in the first place pointless.
    Again with the crystal ball...

Quote Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
    We likely will see some form of gear acquisition from the cash shop soon - if not WoD then the next expansion. It will probably come in the form of a currency (gems, Blizzard points, etc) that is used at a vendor to buy random boxes like you buy from the TI vendor and the Black Market Auction house. We likely will be able to dump gold to buy the same boxes - as that is a popular way to justify the cash shop side of it to paying players.
    nothing Blizzard have ever done or said leads to the conclusion that they will ever sell gear. That is in addition to them flatly denying they ever will. I am not saying Blizzard are above saying one thing and doing another but I do not believe that they are stupid. Some may think they are - but they have managed to STILL keep hold of the largest active MMO player base for 10 years - you dont manage that if you are stupid. They know what they are doing (mostly) and selling gear would probably destroy WoW and they would be lynched by their shareholders!.

Flying is pandora's box though - obviously it can't be shoved back in the box but ultimately it will need to be restricted somehow.
    I agree it is pandora's box in that it is something that once opened cannot be put back as it was, but I don't think that means "ultimately it will need to be restricted" anymore than it already is. The only REAL reasons anyone has been able to give as to why flying should be more restricted than it is now is because "I don't like it and it interferes with the way I want to play the game". That is a valid concern yes. However restricting it more would make others say they dont like that because it interferes with the way THEY want to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    Again with the crystal ball...
    Right cause you think they will make gathering faster as if thats not some prediction.

Maybe it's just a wish of yours instead to make blizzards "no flying" fiasco look better.

Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    They could make flying mounts move only as fast as a player could run on foot (0% speed increase). So flying mount simply enables you be in the air.
    That would be stupid. LOL. As your ground mount probably would generate enough lift to fly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Right cause you think they will make gathering faster as if thats not some prediction.

Maybe it's just a wish of yours instead to make blizzards "no flying" fiasco look better.
    Not a prediction of mine but I do suspect that if they DID remove flying entirely we would see crafting professions require less mats to make items to make up for less items gathered. It would make sense to me anyway - not saying they WILL do this (besides I don't believe they will remove flying past 6.1 anyway).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    That would be stupid. LOL. As your ground mount probably would generate enough lift to fly...
    True.... but no more stupid than the kite mount that would generate zero lift the way it flies lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Not a prediction of mine but I do suspect that if they DID remove flying entirely we would see crafting professions require less mats to make items to make up for less items gathered. It would make sense to me anyway - not saying they WILL do this (besides I don't believe they will remove flying past 6.1 anyway).

SNIP...
    I doubt they would. Their goal is to extend content in the initial launch months of the game. Make you see all the bushes and trees they spawned as well as hills and valleys they made and how much worthless trash they can put to hinder you with an amazing daze mechanic.

Their not going to shorten time wasting design in the same brush stroke they are trying to increase time wasting design.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-03-25 at 08:35 PM.

Normal servers have PvP too. You joined a game with faction warfare, there is no place with ZERO PvP EVER. Should people who PvP on normal/RP servers have their PvP ruined? The only difference between Normal and PvP servers are PvP ALWAYS has flag up. Should people interested in doing both PvE and PvP be confined to a PvP realm, and then screwed over PvE wise? No. They are changing this for everybody,

Flight paths also only move you to hubs, not every inch of the game. on PvP realms players who want to travel outside of hubs will still need to run there.

Blizzard has also made it clear that there are reasons OTHER THAN PVP that they want this change,
    I take issue with your following choice of words "Blizzard has also made it clear"

Blizzard makes nothing clear.

Blizzard Blue Poster: UM ya we were going to have a quest for flying and then maybe we wont have flying but we may have you do the flying quest in case we do the flying that we are not going to do that way even though you are not flying you will feel like your flying because we made the flying mounts that fly on the ground so technically you have ground flying which is a type of flying.

Blizzard Fan Bois: See told you we were getting flying

Blizzard subscriber: flying on the ground is running

Blizzard Fan Bois: just cancel hater your stupid anyways. Ground flying is flying, it is just flying on the ground, why can't you give it a try?

Blizzard subscriber: umm... Flying on the ground is running

Blizzard Forum Mod: Um we are going to have to give you a 72 hour ban for trolling. Technically ground flying is a type of flying. It is designed specially for WoD

Blizzard Fan Bois: What was wrong with that guy....

So on.... and on..... it goes.......

True.... but no more stupid than the kite mount that would generate zero lift the way it flies lol
    There are flying carpets so while I think its dumb to stand on top of a hang glider/kite ...magic flying things are possible in WoW =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

I doubt they would. Their goal is to extend content in the initial launch months of the game. Make you see all the bushes and trees they spawned as well as hills and valleys they made and how much worthless trash they can put to hinder you with an amazing daze mechanic.

Their not going to shorten time wasting design in the same brush stroke they are trying to increase time wasting design.
    True - if they will have flying in 6.1 or at least some point there is no real need to anyway. However if there was ZERO flight in WoD grinding mats for an item that would take for example 30 mins grinding for - would take 60+ mins likely on a ground mount. That would have a BIG impact on availability of any crafted items.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    There are flying carpets so while I think its dumb to stand on top of a hang glider/kite ...magic flying things are possible in WoW =P
    Yes... but thats "magic" it doesnt need "lift"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I take issue with your following choice of words "Blizzard has also made it clear"

Blizzard Blue Poster: UM ya we were going to have a quest for flying and then maybe we wont have flying but we may have you do the flying quest in case we do the flying that we are not going to do that way even though you are not flying you will feel like your flying because we made the flying mounts that fly on the ground so technically you have ground flying which is a type of flying.

Blizzard Fan Bois: just cancel hater your stupid anyways. Ground flying is flying, it is just flying on the ground, why can't you give it a try?

Blizzard Forum Mod: Um we are going to have to give you a 72 hour ban for trolling. Technically ground flying is a type of flying. It is designed specially for WoD

That entire post was atrocious. That means horrible.

I am a Blizzard FanBoy. I believe 6.1 will usher in the return of flight. I abhor the idea of using a flying mount as a ground mount, and will NOT defend their need to promote whatever the fuck they are trying to promote until 6.1. I am on an RP realm and could not care any less about World PvP than a person without a pulse. So, no. You're little monologue is flawed, as is your logic on this topic and others, such as your Swift Flight Form thread. Maybe you should spend more time reading the forum and less time 'guessing' what people are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post

That made me giggle!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    That entire post was atrocious. That means horrible.

I am a Blizzard FanBoy. I believe 6.1 will usher in the return of flight. I abhor the idea of using a flying mount as a ground mount, and will NOT defend their need to promote whatever the fuck they are trying to promote until 6.1. I am on an RP realm and could not care any less about World PvP than a person without a pulse. So, no. You're little monologue is flawed, as is your logic on this topic and others, such as your Swift Flight Form thread. Maybe you should spend more time reading the forum and less time 'guessing' what people are saying.
    I believe it was satirical, it wasn't meant to be accurately what anyone has said, but rather taking the piss of the WAY some people will defend anything. Not all "FanBoys" will do this but there are always some that will.

True - if they will have flying in 6.1 or at least some point there is no real need to anyway. However if there was ZERO flight in WoD grinding mats for an item that would take for example 30 mins grinding for - would take 60+ mins likely on a ground mount. That would have a BIG impact on availability of any crafted items.
    SNIP...
    and do exactly what blizzard wants to do with this pointless no flying crap. Extend content in the initial release months of the expansion and make doing anything at max level take far longer then it needs to.