10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    I had to have a giggle at this. I can imagine how the delusional quoter imagines things transpiring. At some finance meeting, while they review how many hundreds of millions or billions of dollars the game is making, someone steps up says says 'superman-bladesedge of mmochamp spends nearly 400 dollars a year with us and we can NOT afford to lose his business and we MUST listen to his thoughts on no flying.'

Unfortunately for you superman, most people simply dont care about this 'issue' outside of a minority (which includes BOTH pro and anti flyers with strong passionate opinions).. They dont care if we do end up flying, they dont care if we cant. They wont care if WoD itself is an engaging expansion. Blizzard, presumably, is focused on actually making WoD a good expansion, so nobody has anything to complain about.
    Aside from such a low number (Is actually closer to $1k), as explained in the example in my previous comment:

I would imagine if just 2% of actual subscribed players (3.5M) quit over this, just a rough number would be 70k players @ $15 each. For those not fast with the math, that is $1.05M a month they are flushing away. With just a 2% loss from 1/2 of the 7M people playing the game.

Now, This is just me, but I would imagine, somewhere, somehow, $12.5M a year is gonna cut into someone's bonus. Not exactly chump change. Also, that is just subs. Doesn't even count potential microtransactions like pets, mounts, boosts, etc.
    I'm guessing most companies don't really scoff at $12M the way they would $1k. Though, had you bothered to read all the posts, rather than just mocking that one, you might not have looked so foolish.

Thing is its not a 2%, the figure is most likely, and I believe I'm being tremendously generous here, less than 200 people. WoW is a great game, with or without flying, people will still play it even if they are slightly inconvenienced by a small change that affects only a very small part of the overall gameplay. You are a very small minority, statistically a non factor outlier.

, less than 200 people

You are a very small minority, statistically a non factor outlier.
    Indeed, he falls into that negligable rounding-error-minority category of people who also unsubscribed because their pet monkey logged in and did it for them.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2014-04-20 at 04:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    Thing is its not a 2%, the figure is most likely, and I believe I'm being tremendously generous here, less than 200 people. WoW is a great game, with or without flying, people will still play it even if they are slightly inconvenienced by a small change that affects only a very small part of the overall gameplay. You are a very small minority, statistically a non factor outlier.
    I'm sure people also never thought the game would go from 12M to 6M in one expansion either. It's ok to doubt. I lived through the 3.2 patch. A patch where the Tome of Flying was released. No flight til 80 had people up in arms. Enough so, that Blizz had to sell the Tome of Flight, allowing alts to have flight at 77 instead of 80 to access content in Storm Peaks without having to "rent" a mount at K3. I've seen first hand what "no flying" has done, and the ONLY perk to Cata was flying right outta the launch. Though that was not enough to save the shit content, or the zones so far apart, or the Green Jesus and his epic battle against DeathWing.

I don't have exact numbers, or data. But WAAAAAAAAY back in this thread, I made a guarantee to people who called no flying after 6.1, to go into the store and buy them a flying mount. Then, once they were all handed out, I would delete everything, send an email to blizz instructing them to delete and destroy all 3 of my accounts, and then I would uninstall the game, and take a blowtorch to my physical copies and collector's items. I will not play a game, nor be surrounded by items reminding me about a company that lied to a lot of people. So, for their sake, I hope they make a wise choice when it comes to flying in Draenor AFTER 6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Well then, let them step on up and call it out. As for my narcissim, I have no intention of changing this single-handedly. But, I do intend to make a BIG show about the amount of money they are tossing out from just one person. I would imagine if just 2% of actual subscribed players (3.5M) quit over this, just a rough number would be 70k players @ $15 each. For those not fast with the math, that is $1.05M a month they are flushing away. With just a 2% loss from 1/2 of the 7M people playing the game.

Now, This is just me, but I would imagine, somewhere, somehow, $12.5M a year is gonna cut into someone's bonus. Not exactly chump change. Also, that is just subs. Doesn't even count potential microtransactions like pets, mounts, boosts, etc.
    Assuming you are only taking into account subscription loss from limiting flying.. what about people who resubscribe for the same reason? Just because it's all negative to you doesn't mean it is to everyone. I know if i was still taking a break from wow and i heard that they were taking flying away for the next expansion it would definitely be enough to get me to resubscribe.

Therefore your numbers mean nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Assuming you are only taking into account subscription loss from limiting flying.. what about people who resubscribe for the same reason? Just because it's all negative to you doesn't mean it is to everyone. I know if i was still taking a break from wow and i heard that they were taking flying away for the next expansion it would definitely be enough to get me to resubscribe.

Then again, there could be a big surge in either direction for any number of reasons, good or bad. Every person in this thread is using personal opinion. Some statements are fact, most of it, anecdotal. So my numbers mean something, to ME, even if they mean nothing to you. Then again, there could be a sharp drop from lack of interest in raiding, stat squish, hatred of garrisons, dislike of the new tier gear, fear of dailies, and a hundred other things.

So, with that, I will call it a night and revisit this topic in the morning. Keeping flight in the game is no where near as important as sleep. So, see you all tomorrow for another rousing rendition of "None of us know jack shit and we are all just speculating til 6.1 actually hits". Night folks.

This is a good point, I myself am not currently subbed and plan to re-sub specifically because of no fly... once 6.1 rolls around if they bring flying back I plan to unsub again. If they stick to no-fly ill stay.

Deleted
    "Oh noes, flying is going to disappear!" Does anyone with more than half a brain cell actually care tho? Flying is such a minor part of the game, in fact, it is more so a convenience that lessens the overall game experience. How does it actually affect the game in the grand scope? Not at all really. People will still be raiding, people will still be pvping, and rather than sit on their flying mount in main cities, they'll be sitting on their ground mount. Fundamentally speaking, nothing is changing.

So forgive me for saying this. You are overreacting. Nobody really gives a shit about flying. You honestly sound like a toddler that protests having a toy taken away from him which he never plays with.

Your numbers mean jackshit to the rest of the world. What you care about is irrelevant. All you are is a walking wallet, and if they can't the fish the dollar bills out of yours, they'll fish them out of someone else's wallet.
    You as a person and your opinion means nothing to us, nothing to Blizzard. Nothing to the rest of the world. It's about time you realize that, perhaps you can then stop wasting that time trying to have some pretend debate on here. How about you do something productive?
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2014-04-20 at 05:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    superman i would like for you to screen shot your future burning of your collectors edition so i can post the screenshots on blizzard forums and hope to evoke a funny response from a blue!

i think you're over-reacting a bit on this. Flying is not even a key feature to this game.

Eh, no one is psychic, no one can predict for sure whether this will have no effect, piss a lot of people off, or make a lot of people happy. But if someone really hates this to the point it hurts their enjoyment of the game they may as well quit, as it is the only thing Blizz will listen to if it *does* turn out to make a lot of people mad. For me, the game isn't worth playing with what Blizz wants to do with flying and Draenor, so I vote with my wallet - if enough people agree with me that it hurts their finances and they change what they are doing I can play the game again and be happy to enjoy a game with the design I prefer, if not enough people agree with me, at least I avoided wasting time and money on a game I would just feel frustrated and angry about, which defeats the purpose of playing a game.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    I had to have a giggle at this. I can imagine how the delusional quoter imagines things transpiring. At some finance meeting, while they review how many hundreds of millions or billions of dollars the game is making, someone steps up says says 'superman-bladesedge of mmochamp spends nearly 400 dollars a year with us and we can NOT afford to lose his business and we MUST listen to his thoughts on no flying.'
    Yes because it's not like Superman must be the only WoW player out of all of the WoW players in the game to be upset about flight changes next expansion. If you don't think people are upset about this, then you haven't been paying attention. I logged into my Alliance server the other day only to hear passionate bitching about no flight along with various WoD changes such as the removal of reforging and spell abilities going on in trade chat, a discussion which lasted several hours. Generally speaking, people don't bitch about the game in my server's trade chat...I didn't even hear bitching about various aspects of Cataclysm last expansion...people might bitch about one another from time to time, but never about the actual game itself. Considering how long I've had my Alliance characters on this server, it is a bad sign.

In my opinion, Superman is the hero of this thread, keeping the voice of those of us upset about this change heard. /cheer

15+ Year Old Account
    Such a one dimensional way of looking at it. This is where i tell you that flying isn't being removed and they are limiting it to make Dreanor full of lies and falsehoods that won't actually happen.
    I fixed that for you to make it more accurate. It won't add immersion, it'll actually remove it. Which sounds more immersive. Going around from place to place to find rares, chests, events, and whatnot...or camping one spot alt/tabbed for an hour because if you leave you're going to miss something you're waiting on?

And while you're alt/tabbed, who are you interacting with? People on Facebook, maybe. Or MMO-Champion. But neither of those are actually occurring in-game.

The fact that Blizzard thinks this will cause either of those scenarios makes them clueless. The fact you think they're onto something with this asinine idea makes you an idiot.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    In my opinion, Superman is the hero of this thread, keeping the voice of those of us upset about this change heard. /cheer
    Please don't make his head bigger than it already is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I fixed that for you to make it more accurate. It won't add immersion, it'll actually remove it. Which sounds more immersive. Going around from place to place to find rares, chests, events, and whatnot...or camping one spot alt/tabbed for an hour because if you leave you're going to miss something you're waiting on?

And while you're alt/tabbed, who are you interacting with? People on Facebook, maybe. Or MMO-Champion. But neither of those are actually occurring in-game.

The fact that Blizzard thinks this will cause either of those scenarios makes them clueless. The fact you think they're onto something with this asinine idea makes you an idiot.
    You sure know a lot about the future of WoW.

Superman is actually doing more to hurt the agenda of pro-flying people here than to help it. Nobody is taking him seriously. I mean, look at this below, lol. This is what we call entertainment, not discussion.

I would delete everything, send an email to blizz instructing them to delete and destroy all 3 of my accounts, and then I would uninstall the game, and take a blowtorch to my physical copies and collector's items. I will not play a game, nor be surrounded by items reminding me about a company that lied to a lot of people. So, for their sake, I hope they make a wise choice when it comes to flying in Draenor AFTER 6.1.

Deleted
    Flying or no flying, well in Vanilla there werent flying mounts also.
    Im gonna enjoy WoD anyway

@Superman - Your quote from Blizzard (We intend to disallow flying while leveling from 90 to 100, and have flying become available again in the first major patch for Warlords of Draenor.) If there is no flying after 6.1 Blizzard in fact never lied at all. They said they 'intend' aka Were going to see how it plays out in WoD so we can make a more informed decision

Any decision weather it's good or bad will always have people with pitchforks on each end with fanatics like yourself claiming to burn Blizzard discs at the stake, don't think they never knew this full well before announcing it. Flying is a rather non essential part of the game...it's a comfort...not essential..Leaving the game and burning discs is rather childish and extreme, but personally i don't care what you do.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would be fine with no flying in WoD ever.

What I wouldn't be fine with is no flying in WoD and the same sort of ass-up-head flight paths and flight points and lack of portals that we got for MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I would be fine with no flying in WoD ever.

What I wouldn't be fine with is no flying in WoD and the same sort of ass-up-head flight paths and flight points and lack of portals that we got for MoP.
    They have said several times the flight paths are getting overhauled and will no longer be doing scenic routes but instead take you there in a straight line basically. They should be much improved in WoD.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    They have said several times the flight paths are getting overhauled and will no longer be doing scenic routes but instead take you there in a straight line basically. They should be much improved in WoD.
    Fuck that straight line bullshit, even if they went "straight there" they would still be making giant loops around the continent.

The current system is so fucking retarded that when you go from Horde Shrine to Timeless Isle, it's a different number of hops than when you go from Timeless Isle to Horde Shrine.

And they've had a year and a half to fix that and "who gives a shit at Blizzard? not the flight path gnomes for sure."

If they can't even be bothered to make incredibly simple changes to the existing cluster fuck, I have absolutely no confidence that they will design something new without the same level of permanent cluster fuck built in.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Fuck that straight line bullshit, even if they went "straight there" they would still be making giant loops around the continent.

The current system is so fucking retarded that when you go from Horde Shrine to Timeless Isle, it's a different number of hops than when you go from Timeless Isle to Horde Shrine.

And they've had a year and a half to fix that and "who gives a shit at Blizzard? not the flight path gnomes for sure."

If they can't even be bothered to make incredibly simple changes to the existing cluster fuck, I have absolutely no confidence that they will design something new without the same level of permanent cluster fuck built in.
    Huh? What part of there taking that out didn't you understand? There won't be anymore loops. And yes the current system is stupid, which is why we can be happy it's changing.

There not gonna have a mini patch just to fix existing flight paths that's silly.