10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    99% of people ain't you, that's what you don't realize. You shouldn't need to be "looking to help someone", it should happen because you're both engaging the world. Not because one person chooses to engage it and you get to cherry pick.
    I'm glad you know what 99% of the playerbase is like.

Uh, yeah, that's why I rolled on a fucking PvE server, so I could cherry-pick what I am involved in and am not forced to get involved in things I don't want to. If you want to argue that PVE servers shouldn't exist, you can take that argument somewhere else.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

i dont mind not flying for the first toon to experience the new areas... by the time I get to my 4th and 5th... and then 9th toon, why the hell do I care - i have memorized the quests and where to complete them. i dont want to waste time riding everywhere..

Besides, I just finally got Ashes of Alar after farming that mount on all my toons for the past 5 years... And I wont even be able to use it.. I dont use my flying mounts as ground mounts... because they belong in the air.... and very few ground mounts are even worth using because most are so ugly... and I have 186 mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Listen to this guy speaking on 'most' people, talking about the 99%. No, they ain't us, but they ain't you either.
    Most of Warcraft's population gets on their flying mounts and scouts Jade Forest, Dread Wastes, and Kun Lai while doing dailies, looking to help people struggling with elites right? Okay.

Looking past me in Darkshore huh? Must be some great scenery. And when he messaged me to keep questing, he got it, that must have not been at me but past me too. Your biases are unfortunate, sorry. Also, considering I spent most of WOTLK as a hardcore raider, and I don't look past people, I can assure you that you're wrong.
    Well then, congrats on meeting a hardcore player who was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm glad you know what 99% of the playerbase is like.

Uh, yeah, that's why I rolled on a fucking PvE server, so I could cherry-pick what I am involved in and am not forced to get involved in things I don't want to. If you want to argue that PVE servers shouldn't exist, you can take that argument somewhere else.
    It's still an MMO, not a personal do whatever the fuck I want fest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon is the Answer View Post
    Well then, congrats on meeting a hardcore player who was nice.
    Most hardcore players I know are nice.

Because now you're being forced to be interested?How do you know how you would react until you're in the situation? If someone is dying, you might ignore him or you might not. If there's a epic mob that 500 ppl are fighting, you may join in. You may not. How it stands now is that whether you're interested or not, you're avoiding it. That one person who doesn't give a fuck won't give a fuck. Sure. But now, people who WOULD give a fuck don't because they are flying over the content.
    I didn't help anyone while leveling in the last two expansions. Why would that change now? How am I being forced? If Blizzard wants me to help they need to offer a reward for doing so.

Who needs help in the open world against NPCs? I don't ever step into a one versus one PvP fight in the open world. I have been yelled at by the guy from my faction many times because she/he was just playing with a friend from the other side. I have stepped in to help someone from getting ganked by two others and I get a "thanks asshole, now I don't get those coins." I don't need that shit so I avoid it. I have never had a "thank you" from someone I helped over the last ten years of playing, and I have never received help that I didn't already ask for. I am sure others feel the same as me, too.

There is no reward with helping others. This game is built so that it's discouraged to group in the open world. Look at how tagging works. look at how loot distribution works. Look at how experience gain works. It's far better to go solo than it is to group play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the flying mounts at the FPs should be relevant to the expansion, and the zone you are in (which faction controls the FP). But, I would much rather have use of my own collection since I doubt any FP will ever use Mimiron's Head, the perfect mount for my Gnome Eng.
    Someone had a fun idea on the Blizzard forums. Have flightpaths use the Users default mount instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I should be forced to help other people when doing so gives me no loot, no xp and no guarantee that that person will give a shit that I helped? Yeah, sounds like a shitty MMO.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many parts of the game are designed for Solo activity, not everything needs to be done in a group for MMO's.

Oh come on. Being an MMO doesn't mean that you have to interact with anybody at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I didn't help anyone while leveling in the last two expansions. Why would that change now? How am I being forced? If Blizzard wants me to help they need to offer a reward for doing so.

Who needs help in the open world against NPCs? I don't ever step into a one versus one PvP fight in the open world. I have been yelled at by the guy from my faction many times because she/he was just playing with a friend from the other side. I have stepped in to help someone from getting ganked by two others and I get a "thanks asshole, now I don't get those coins." I don't need that shit so I avoid it. I have never had a "thank you" from someone I helped over the last ten years of playing, and I have never received help that I didn't already ask for. I am sure others feel the same as me, too.

There is no reward with helping others. This game is built so that it's discouraged to group in the open world. Look at how tagging works. look at how loot distribution works. Look at how experience gain works. It's far better to go solo than it is to group play.
    We are playing two completely different games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    Oh come on. Being an MMO doesn't mean that you have to interact with anybody at any time.
    No, but the possibility of it happening needs to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    Oh come on, you didn't the Kanye of gaming companies part? They can say or do anything (just like he does) and when they release they sell millions of copies. Any publicity is good publicity for them!!
    I didn't know if you were joking around or serious lol. In a general sense, yeah I can see Blizzard getting away with murder and still making a ton of money off of their games. But I don't honestly see how they've earned the appearance of being liars, omitters, deceivers, and distorters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Someone had a fun idea on the Blizzard forums. Have flightpaths use the Users default mount instead.
    Well, they added a favorites feature to mounts, so I can see them actually doing something like that. I am surprised they don't do more of the fan made suggestions. Most of them are amazing.

You mean the only source of rage aka same faction PvP? It's literally impossible to scumbag someone on that Isle other than coins.
    Rogues can slip right past the frogs and bring down the rare. Non-pvp related concerns with pulling and resetting the Celestial bosses. Using albatross to get to Ordos, when you can simply use the glider and fly there yourself

At 1:!5, without a Legendary Cloak, or an Albatross, he flies up from out in the water, flies toward the island, and then pops a Golden Glider, just to be able to fly in a no-fly zone. Also, the biggest form of scumbagging would be my brother's hunter. He sees horde running for mobs and he launches a multi-shot. They get stuck fighting his kills as he just moves on to pull other mobs. Then again, hunter kill stealing is not specific to Timeless Isle.

My point is, people will either find a way to love it, find a way around it, or find their way to the nearest exist.

How so? Posts like that are terrible additions to the forums...

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad you understand this. People enjoy different aspects of the game than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    I would totally use FPs more often if I could use my Ashes, or my Headless Horseman's mount in lieu of a golden gryphon.

- - - Updated - - -

Get's worse mate. There are hundreds of different ways to play WoW. Playing them is not a requirement. Respecting others rights to use them, should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would totally use FPs more often if I could use my Ashes, or my Headless Horseman's mount in lieu of a golden gryphon..
    Add to this idea the ability to parachute off flight paths at anytime and FP would be greatly improved.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    How so? Posts like that are terrible additions to the forums...
    Uh, because I stopped someone from getting ganked on TI, and he was like "thanks dude, let's wreck their shit" and we did. I saw a rogue barely kill a warrior with 2 hp and aggroed a mob and I saved his ass with a epic charge and he thanked me. I literally had none of the negative crap you're talking about.

No, but the possibility of it happening needs to exist.
    It does. That's another realm population issue, not a flight issue.