Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    First you make the failed assumption in this idiotic post that there is going to be something different in the way the content is designed because flight was removed.

Sadly your wrong. And not just by my admission, but by the anti flight guys as well. Backed up by beta testers and gameplay footage. There is no difference.

Secondly, you greatly abuse the term..."significant disadvantage". You can still do everything in this game on. A ground mount if you elected to play that way, it would just take you slightly longer. As such, if you elect to place yourself at the same "significant disadvantage " by idly chit chatting with your guild in a city, not progressing your character, and thus...wasting that precious time you couldn't seem to afford to sacrifice by electing to play the game how ever which way you found most fun...you don't get to bitch about that not being a valid point made.

Well, I guess you could...but you essentially counter your own argument and come across as a hypocrit...

The choice was always there for you to maximize your fun. You just lacked self control...and your selfish attitude demands that everyone plays the game the way you find fun....to hell with what they think.

So yeah...this past 7 years you could have "just used a fucking ground mount..."

- - - Updated - - -

Debating the games future direction is actually more entertaining than playing the game!

Does this surprise you? because it shouldn't.
    Idiotic post?

so moving twice as fast and being able to skip any enemy you want isnt a significant advantage? seriously? dont be a complete fucking moron, it is and no amount of saying otherwise will make that correct. its not about wasting time, its about one path completely trivializing content and another making it a challenge, id be fine if the challenging path was rewarded appropriately but its not, the easier path levels faster, so a smart player will always take that path. its not an arguement, its like having a dungeon boss that you can choose to skip and still get the loot for. nobody will ever kill that boss.

So its backed up by beta footage, which says what exactly? maybe thats exactly how they want it to be? they want it to take exactly that long. maybe thats all intentional. that honestly doesnt prove a single fucking thing unless you expect the game to be easier than that. thats the limited opinion of yourself

Its not a valid point, not even slightly, i dont even understand how that would make me a hypocrite? you just spewing bullshit now. your arguing that intentionally slowing yourself down is a valid option? its not. you want the trivial boring path to still be the most effective, i dont. i play this game to 'play' it, its not all about skipping shit to get rewards. fucking instant gratification generation

you seriously sticking to the 'just dont fly then' argument? its not a valid argument! i cant believe people actually think this still! how fucking stupid are you! i want to play the game and go as fast as i can, just like all the instant gratification y2k kids, i however want to be challenged and have my skill taken into account when powering though stuff, not just taking the fast easy path, im not going to use my ground mount when a faster option exists, thats stupid! i want the game itself to be a challenge, not my sub optimal decisions, and thats how the game should be. why should the players who actually want to play the fucking game be at a disadvantage to the instant gratification kids?

You seriously brought nothing new to the table, nothing you said carries any weight, your whole argument is thwart with stupidity and ignorance

guess it doesnt matter, flying is disabled regardless of how much you whine about it

Infracted.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2014-11-13 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Idiotic post?

so moving twice as fast and being able to skip any enemy you want isnt a significant advantage? seriously? dont be a complete fucking moron, it is and no amount of saying otherwise will make that correct. its not about wasting time, its about one path completely trivializing content and another making it a challenge, id be fine if the challenging path was rewarded appropriately but its not, the easier path levels faster, so a smart player will always take that path. its not an arguement, its like having a dungeon boss that you can choose to skip and still get the loot for. nobody will ever kill that boss.

So its backed up by beta footage, which says what exactly? maybe thats exactly how they want it to be? they want it to take exactly that long. maybe thats all intentional. that honestly doesnt prove a single fucking thing unless you expect the game to be easier than that. thats the limited opinion of yourself

Its not a valid point, not even slightly, i dont even understand how that would make me a hypocrite? you just spewing bullshit now. your arguing that intentionally slowing yourself down is a valid option? its not. you want the trivial boring path to still be the most effective, i dont. i play this game to 'play' it, its not all about skipping shit to get rewards. fucking instant gratification generation

you seriously sticking to the 'just dont fly then' argument? its not a valid argument! i cant believe people actually think this still! how fucking stupid are you! i want to play the game and go as fast as i can, just like all the instant gratification y2k kids, i however want to be challenged and have my skill taken into account when powering though stuff, not just taking the fast easy path, im not going to use my ground mount when a faster option exists, thats stupid! i want the game itself to be a challenge, not my sub optimal decisions, and thats how the game should be. why should the players who actually want to play the fucking game be at a disadvantage to the instant gratification kids?

You seriously brought nothing new to the table, nothing you said carries any weight, your whole argument is thwart with stupidity and ignorance

guess it doesnt matter, flying is disabled regardless of how much you whine about it
    flying while leveling is not the issue.

What content, at max level, was anyone able to skip because they were flying, and still get rewards from it?

No one ever skipped any content relevant to them because they were flying.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

Deleted
    Oh yay, this thread survived.

I wonder how long its been since anything new has been said here.

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    I wonder how long its been since anything new has been said here.
    Well, that is the first time anyone has said that, so, grats, I guess?
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

7+ Year Old Account
    No flying throughout the entire xpac is a step in the right direction!

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    That's true now, but it wasn't before, particularly before flying.
    Finding programming failures is not the same as exploration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population

Oh yay, this thread survived.
    For another 3 hour probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    At this point my biggest complaint with no-flying is flying mounts that are usable on the ground. If we've got to lose flying we should've just said goodbye to those mounts for the future. They just look so unbearably awful on the ground and any supposed gains in immersion are immediately wiped out for me when I see birds gliding a few inches off the ground everywhere.
    Can appreciate that Blizzard took the time to make all (?) mounts work on the ground. But yes seeing "flying" mounts that are unable to fly will no doubt keep the wounds from healing completely.

Then again I got my Kor'kron Wolf.
    Rawr. Savage.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

What I'll do is level my toons to 100 and never visit Draenor again until 6.1. I'll be clearing old raids (ICC/MC/ToFW/Ulduar/Horridon) for the mounts/pets/transmog and if flying doesn't come back I'll just quit the game altogether.

I simply don't want to waste my time investing so much effort into WoD content if it eventually ends up being worthless to me. On the other hand, I don't want to waste time not farming the old raid mounts in case they do bring back flying. I think I just found the perfect compromise between the two.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whoa this thread is an interesting read.

"I'll quit the game is no flying!" Sounds really familiar to me. Much like "I'll quit the game if they do this nerf!" or "I'll quit the game if x happens!"

"Flying mounts will be worthless!" You can still ride them as ground mounts you know...

"It will kill WPvP!" How so? People can get there slower? I guess...but also it's harder to run away at a moment's notice.

"It will just make everything last longer!!" That's...kinda the point. To slow you down so you actually have to look at the environments.

Few hundred pages back someone actually said they would sue blizzard if they didn't put flying back in the game. This thread is something to behold.
    One Sweet Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    For another 3 hour probably.
    For another 3 months probably.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    "It will just make everything last longer!!" That's...kinda the point. To slow you down so you actually have to look at the environments.
    But going slowly reduces some peoples' enjoyment of the game. Why would anyone intentionally make a game less fun for a large segment of their playerbase?

Quote Originally Posted by gamz247 View Post
    But going slowly reduces some peoples' enjoyment of the game. Why would anyone intentionally make a game less fun for a large segment of their playerbase?
    There's a balance to be achieved. If they put in a "I win, gimme all the lootz" button, most of us would reach a point that we'd push it. That wouldn't be fun.

If they removed all convenience and turned everything into a horrendous grind, that probably wouldn't be fun either.

After trying out flying in current content for a couple Xpacs, I think the Devs realize that flying in current content isn't fun for a majority of the player base - even if those same players believe they will "miss" flying. I believe the evidence points in that direction as well.

Perhaps at the end of this Xpac we'll think differently, but I think this is an experiment worth trying.
    "I don't always play my warlock, but when I do, I prefer destruction."
    - The Most Interesting Player in the World . . . of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    After trying out flying in current content for a couple Xpacs, I think the Devs realize that flying in current content isn't fun for a majority of the player base - even if those same players believe they will "miss" flying. I believe the evidence points in that direction as well.
    Riding on a 100% speed ground mount is more fun than flying on a 310% speed mount? Who are the killjoys Blizzard has been talking to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamz247 View Post
    Riding on a 100% speed ground mount is more fun than flying on a 310% speed mount? Who are the killjoys Blizzard has been talking to?
    Being part of the physical environment is "fun"
    Having to maneuver and not just aim once is "fun"
    Not being able to just forget those mobs even existed is "fun"
    Players that may be a threat or asset to you is "fun"

People mention those percentages as if they mean anything. Who decided 100% ground speed is too slow? Who decided 310% flying was fast enough? Arbitrary numbers are arbitrary. It's all the "WE'RE BEING SLOWED DOWN"
    Okay, maybe that is because we started going too fast?

Or such as how I draw parallels to leveling:
    We want leveling to be piss easy so we get it over with ASAP, but the reason we want it over with ASAP is because it's piss easy. Same damn thing. You suggest mobs to actually be able to deal damage, maybe increase their health so leveling stops being a braindead oneshot-loot-repeat until maxlevel and everyone right away starts repeating "TEDIOUS =/= DIFFICULTY TEDIOUS =/= DIFFICULTY TEDIOUS =/= DIFFICULTY" until the thread dies.

And here we fear being "slowed down" because we've had access to this ridiculous convenient, ridiculously fast, and ridiculously safe (ground combat) means for personal travel that actively detracts from anything non-instanced.
    Flying is a major reason as to why we get so frustrated when things don't go our way, but most seem unable to realize why that is.

To me, this change is like CRZ. Yeah it was all kinds of whining about it, how gathering would be affected or having your rares stolen by people on other realms blablabla and people wanted the option to turn CRZ off. Which of course EVERYONE would do if they could, and then whine about empty zones probably.
    It was added to repopulate the zones, and it did. The game is more fun as a result. Players were still sceptical. The alternative was empty zones, but you can't convince someone of a negative thing they no longer experience.

Or f**k it, it's like a vaccine. How many cases of the swine flu were prevented thanks to the vaccine, but people only focused on the few who suffered side-effects, because that was the only thing they experienced.

Woah, Off (topic) Road racing. Point in all this is that you cannot gauge things like these from players. Asking what speed players "prefer" is like asking an OP class if they want to be nerfed. Guess the answer.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2014-11-12 at 09:21 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

5 million people left the game for reasons much, much less significant than this.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    5 million people left the game for reasons much, much less significant than this.

Just saying.
    I like this guys logic.

Ok blizzard, don't do anything ever since people will leave the game because of millions and millions of different in game and completely unrelated to the game reasons.

People don't want leveling over with fast because leveling is too hard or too easy. They want leveling to be fast because the majority of content that offers interesting rewards in this game is for max level players only.