Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    My favorite store mount is the Batwing which does not look good on the ground
    I understand and I think dragons should be flying not stuck on the ground, it seems sad like a bird with a broken wing. So use a mount meant for the ground IMO. I can't imagine someone not playing this game because they can't use a certain mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Why do people quote me when they ignore what I say?

Oh, right, internet.
    Probably the same reason people type to themselves and then answer their own questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
    So it's okay that they can't use those "real money flying mounts" on Throne of Thunder and Timeless Isle?

Where is the outrage for those areas that in the game right now?
    Seriously? Are you basing your argument on two areas from an entire expansion?

So why are you not asking Blizz to fix the ground mounts instead of asking to remove the no-flying, if that's your problem with it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agramonia View Post
    So why are you not asking Blizz to fix the ground mounts instead of asking to remove the no-flying, if that's your problem with it ?
    I've tweeted just about every Dev asking them to not remove flying from Draenor, but to simply lower the max flying speed there to 60% back like normal flight was during BC. So far no responses...
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Agramonia View Post
    Because people like to use the excuse of exploring or sitting on mountain tops but what they really mean is avoiding mobs and all danger by swooping in and flying off. Same people who usually want to play on empty realms to avoid competition for nodes mines and herbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    It was quite.. mm... interesting to fly around back in BC with 60% flier, trying to get to the Skettis.
    I think it's more than a fair compromise. Ground mounts are faster, but flying will allow you to avoid danger and reach places you couldn't without it. People would still bitch though because it has to be the fastest and safest way to travel or in their tiny minds it's worthless... *rolls eyes*
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Right. The biggest problem I have with people saying, "But wut about da ground mounts?" is that you can still mount those everywhere you can mount up. The same isn't true for flying mounts in no-fly zones. If you really wanted to get use out of a ground mount you have always had that option.
    The idea is EVERYONE on the ground not having the option.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Seriously? Are you basing your argument on two areas from an entire expansion?
    Considering they were two thirds of the endgame content patches in this expansion... yeah?

Timeless Isle is endgame non-raid content until 6.0 - probably going to be it for a solid 6 more months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something that has been brought up now and again but hasn't really received enough attention because most people--myself absolutely included--have concentrated on the mount business is what happens with druid flight form? Sure, remove it is the easy answer although face it, it's another whole different can of worms opened up.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    Because people like to use the excuse of exploring or sitting on mountain tops but what they really mean is avoiding mobs and all danger by swooping in and flying off. Same people who usually want to play on empty realms to avoid competition for nodes mines and herbs.
    Oh so if I were to say I actually love flying cause it gives me a birds-eye perspective of the area, that I appreciate it allows me to get from one place to another faster than running or riding. Nah I'm hiding in fact, or avoiding the challenge of the mobs and brave gankers... So how do we prove to you that we are not that kind of people? What's the only thing you accept? If we agree with you? Good one.

Something that has been brought up now and again but hasn't really received enough attention because most people--myself absolutely included--have concentrated on the mount business is what happens with druid flight form? Sure, remove it is the easy answer although face it, it's another whole different can of worms opened up.
    The same thing that happens to druid flight form in places you already can't fly?

No flying would be cool if all zones had fel reaver type elites walking around pwning people.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    All danger? At max level there is pretty much 0 danger to my mage. He gets geared up pretty quickly, something that doesn't require me to interact with the world you think I'm trying to avoid. I don't care about herbing/mining. I can more than afford to pay a farmer to get those things for me. I'm trying to get from point a to point b as quickly as possible without having to afk on flight paths. Not sure why that's so complicated for people to understand. My time is limited, raiding multiple raids on 1 day a week is hard enough without them removing flying. Flying has been a part of the end game for quite a few years now. More people like being able to fly than want to run on the ground. They're called casuals and they make up the majority of the player base.
    This is a MMO things take time or at least they should. Danger is mobs attacking you even if you kill them. I also don't farm but the people that do should have to kill mobs to farm sometimes. I do totally understand casuals I however don't sympathize with them. If I was blizzard I might since thay make up most of the paying customers.

10+ Year Old Account
    The same thing that happens to druid flight form in places you already can't fly?
    If removed from the expansion entirely, you've removed druid flight from the entire expansion content as well. And let's not have the argument that you can still fly in EK, Northrend, Pandaria or Kalimdor. We're talking about what happens in an expansion that appears to be set up so that most people will be spending nearly all of their time in Draenor. People with druids can weigh in on this. I was curious about how the topic was going over with the class.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    No flying would be cool if all zones had fel reaver type elites walking around pwning people.
    Gronns will be the new felreavers hopefully.

- - - Updated - - -

If removed from the expansion entirely, you've removed druid flight from the entire expansion content as well. And let's not have the argument that you can still fly in EK, Northrend, Pandaria or Kalimdor. We're talking about what happens in an expansion that appears to be set up so that most people will be spending nearly all of their time in Draenor.
    I don't understand your question. If the whole expansion has no flying then flight form wont work in those areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
    So it's okay that they can't use those "real money flying mounts" on Throne of Thunder and Timeless Isle?

Where is the outrage for those areas that in the game right now?
    It's not OK, but it' s acceptable in a zone that takes you under 1 minute to traverse. It's not OK to not be able to fly with your hard cash bought mount in a huge fucking zone that would take you 15 or 20 minutes to traverse. It's also not OK to say "you can AFK for 5 minutes on the flight path". It's not OK to say "you can take a portal". Not of those are OK when someone paid 20-200 bucks on those pixels

The concern is to not be able to fly in a huge zone with no content whatsoever, except dailies and some world bosses. The concern is that you will have to dig sites on ground mount, that should be an epic time sink. And so on. Not being able to fly when the content is new, that's fine. Artificially making people running around for no reason, very very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Artificially making people running around for no reason, very very bad.
    I think it is good so we have different opinions yet neither of us is "wrong".

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Which zone(s) takes 15 to 20 minutes to traverse on 100% ground-mounts?
    Run across Pandaland and see how much it takes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    They aren't removing flight from the game entirely though. They are simply not allowing it in the new continent. I could see if they said "We're killing all flight in the game! Screw the idiots who wasted real money on flying mounts! MUAHAHAHAHA!" So bitching about spending money on flying mounts is somewhat moot when you can fly around 5 other continents.
    Stupid argument. Max level characters spend their time in the new areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    If removed from the expansion entirely, you've removed druid flight from the entire expansion content as well. And let's not have the argument that you can still fly in EK, Northrend, Pandaria or Kalimdor. We're talking about what happens in an expansion that appears to be set up so that most people will be spending nearly all of their time in Draenor. People with druids can weigh in on this. I was curious about how the topic was going over with the class.
    Poorly. One of the things I love about my druid is instant flight form. It's one reason she's the alchemist/herbalist, but beyond gathering, it's fun to leap off things, op into flight form and fly away. One of many reasons I'll skip WoD if they disallow flying in Draenor for the entire expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it is good so we have different opinions yet neither of us is "wrong".
    Except If you want to ride, you can choose to do that, but that's not good enough for your side. Your side wants to make everyone incapable of flight just because you want to not fly.

Said dozens of times but if you want to ride everywhere do it. I'll bet, though, that you and every other person who whines about flight uses the feature.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand your question. If the whole expansion has no flying then flight form wont work in those areas.
    That's THE POINT. Doing this takes away a defining, unique capability from all druids while in the new zones.