Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I'll be making a killing on the mat prices as I have no issues with investing time into an MMO. I mean it's why I selected the genre instead of something like an FPS or a single-player game. Also, you're already playing World of Queuecraft. When was the last time you actually zoned into a 5-man dungeon from the actual entrance in a group of people that you put together without the use of a LFD tool?
    I don't think increasing the time investment of this game at this point is going to go well for Blizzard. Maybe I would have tolerated this utter crap better eight years ago when I didn't have a job and a child, but the older I get the more valuable my time has gotten and the tolerance for spending my free time on things I hate (like ####ing ground travel) is gone. A lot of the original players don't have as much time because they now are older with have a full time job, some are married or parents now, and there certainly aren't a ton of younger people to replace them that are interested in this genre. Maybe you don't care if those people quit but if enough of them quit Blizzard will care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Funny, i don't remember having an issue farming ghost iron on mop's launch night.
    That's because we're commies who hate freedom. The ground-mounted proletariat!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I don't think increasing the time investment of this game at this point is going to go well for Blizzard. Maybe I would have tolerated this utter crap better eight years ago when I didn't have a job and a child, but the older I get the more valuable my time has gotten and the tolerance for spending my free time on things I hate (like ####ing ground travel) is gone. A lot of the original players don't have as much time because they now are older with have a full time job, some are married or parents now, and there certainly aren't a ton of younger people to replace them that are interested in this genre. Maybe you don't care if those people quit but if enough of them quit Blizzard will care.
    These people need to leave. I'm sorry, but this entire genre is built around the idea of time and effort translating into reward. If you can't be bothered to spend the time playing the game you should either deal with the small bits you get or move on. Blizzard has done nothing but cater to folks who clearly don't even like the concept of the genre and because of it's the instant-gratification model all these people who would never have played a game like DAoC, AC, or EQ are poisoning the watering hole. All the other game devs have made that same decision recently and it's killing the genre.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    These people need to leave. I'm sorry, but this entire genre is built around the idea of time and effort translating into reward. If you can't be bothered to spend the time playing the game you should either deal with the small bits you get or move on. Blizzard has done nothing but cater to folks who clearly don't even like the concept of the genre and because of it's the instant-gratification model all these people who would never have played a game like DAoC, AC, or EQ are poisoning the watering hole. All the other game devs have made that same decision recently and it's killing the genre.
    People still bring these fossils up as an argument?

News flash: TIMES CHANGE! Also: Water is wet! More obvious things at 11!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

That's because we're commies who hate freedom. The ground-mounted proletariat!

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately for you, there are not enough people to replace those people (who still enjoy certain aspects of the game just not garbage travel timesinks but you know actual content - raids quests PvP etc), unless you think Blizz wants the majority of the players to quit? Time and effort should only need to be spent on actual content not on increasing travel time or increasing time spent killing non challenging mobs that don't reward max level players with anything and pose no threat at all.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post

Times do indeed change. Perhaps it's now possible to have a game running without flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post

You mean games that founded the genre? How about the game that basically spawned WoW? If it wasn't for EQ there would be no World of Warcraft. Tigole and Furor were from EQ and the game was always considered by MMO community to be an EQ clone. The pendulum is swinging back, mate. I'm here for the ride.

You mean games that founded the genre? How about the game that basically spawned WoW? If it wasn't for EQ there would be no World of Warcraft. Tigole and Furor were from EQ and the game was always considered by MMO community to be an EQ clone. The pendulum is swinging back, mate. I'm here for the ride.
    If Blizz wants to lose the majority of players, that is their choice. Most people playing this game today don't want vanilla WoW back. Actually about the only thing I still have fondness for from vanilla WoW is old Naxx which they RUINED sigh. Late BC and WotLK were the best days for me.

If Blizz wants to lose the majority of players, that is their choice. Most people playing this game today don't want vanilla WoW back. Actually about the only thing I still have fondness for from vanilla WoW is old Naxx which they RUINED sigh. Late BC and WotLK were the best days for me.
    There's a REAL big difference between Classic and no flying in WoD. 10 years has passed since then, Blizzard's got experience under their belt, and we've got a much different game. I also really want to see something to back up this majority against no-flying, because I'm not seeing it. I remember much more complaining during WOTLK about the game being too easy, which was followed by Cataclysm, which didn't exactly prove these complaints right.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    There's a REAL big difference between Classic and no flying in WoD. 10 years has passed since then, Blizzard's got experience under their belt, and we've got a much different game. I also really want to see something to back up this majority against no-flying, because I'm not seeing it. I remember much more complaining during WOTLK about the game being too easy, which was followed by Cataclysm, which didn't exactly prove these complaints right.
    I was speaking in a more general sense that I don't think the majority of the players will tolerate the return of a lot of time sinks, removal of convenience, and things that increase the time spent on the game outside of the content they enjoy because the playerbase has aged and many have different real life priorities now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, they put Alex back in charge. Clearly they are looking to revisit the past. If we have to lose half the population in order to recreate a non-toxic community who's willing to actively participate in the world and spend time in it then so be it in my opinion. I'm hoping that this is just the first slice at convenience and that next LFD and LFR are made completely non -optimal options.

10+ Year Old Account
    A single thread about not being able to use flying mounts in World of Warcraft has over 3000 replies now.

I have a question for everyone in this thread: Where do your priorities lie in-game and what is important to you outside of the game?

Hey, they put Alex back in charge. Clearly they are looking to revisit the past. If we have to lose half the population in order to recreate a non-toxic community who's willing to actively participate in the world and spend time in it then so be it in my opinion. I'm hoping that this is just the first slice at convenience and that next LFD and LFR are made completely non -optimal options.
    Honestly, I think the people like you are more toxic than the people you bash. And I was in a US top 50 guild for 7 years. Apparently participating doesn't count unless people are participating in the exact things you prefer.

I was speaking in a more general sense that I don't think the majority of the players will tolerate the return of a lot of time sinks, removal of convenience, and things that increase the time spent on the game outside of the content they enjoy because the playerbase has aged and many have different real life priorities now.
    I doubt traveling will be such a big issue. Most of the content they enjoy is something they queue up for anyway. We don't actually know what exactly endgame will have besides Garrison, PvP, raids and all that standard stuff, as they said they would have more than ever before, but it mostly wouldn't be daily quests. So how that gameplay lends itself to no flying remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Molyneux View Post
    A single thread about not being able to use flying mounts in World of Warcraft has over 3000 replies now.

I have a question for everyone in this thread: Where do your priorities lie in-game and what is important to you outside of the game?
    Inside the game? Being able to spend as much of my time on the activities I enjoy. I was mostly working on achievements and pet battles and mount farming the last few months I was playing since I wasn't going to be able to raid hardcore this year anyway due to real life so I didn't want to get into a guild to raid only a short time (the guild I was in before I took a break for MoP disbanded). For the 6 or 7 years before then, it was hardcore raiding, killing all hard mode bosses, collecting mounts, collecting pets, doing lots of achievements. I guess for WoD it would have been the same thing and maybe hardcore raided again in a year or so.

Outside the game? I have a newborn so obviously she is my priority right now. When she does sleep, I'd rather spend my free time on things I actually enjoy, WoW without flying is not that. :-P

Oh, the joy of artificial gating. Geniuses!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I doubt traveling will be such a big issue. Most of the content they enjoy is something they queue up for anyway. We don't actually know what exactly endgame will have besides Garrison, PvP, raids and all that standard stuff, as they said they would have more than ever before, but it mostly wouldn't be daily quests. So how that gameplay lends itself to no flying remains to be seen.
    Achievements? Pet battles? Gathering? Etc?

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I've decided to delay my pre-order as well until they sort this out one way or another. If they don't, then I guess they don't.
    Aye, I will be speaking with my wallet and not purchase WoD and unsub till they get their head on straight. They don't seem to listen to anything else but the almighty dollar sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think the people like you are more toxic than the people you bash. And I was in a US top 50 guild for 7 years. Apparently participating doesn't count unless people are participating in the exact things you prefer.

I was in a top 100 world guild from BC through to the end of Wrath... Flaunting credentials means very little. People need to go back to having to rely on other players. It'll force players to police themselves instead of running amok. You queue for a random dungeon with people you'll likely never have to deal with again so it's automatically JACKASS TIME for most people.

Like I said... I want the massive amounts of convenience to die. This sort of change would be the first on my list of trying to make the game better.

I was in a top 100 world guild from BC through to the end of Wrath... Flaunting credentials means very little. People need to go back to having to rely on other players. It'll force players to police themselves instead of running amok. You queue for a random dungeon with people you'll likely never have to deal with again so it's automatically JACKASS TIME for most people.

Like I said... I want the massive amounts of convenience to die. This sort of change would be the first on my list of trying to make the game better.
    So basically, #### everyone who feels the game improved from BC on. Yeah, talk about toxic.

I mentioned the top guild thing to point out a person can like hard content and playing with others, without liking skill-less time sinks or having to spend two hours in trade to do a dungeon on a level 30 alt and then having the group fall apart because the healer can't figure out how to get to Scarlet Monastery as Alliance.

It's our fault for not being more vocal about Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle. We let them push that content through with no flying and not enough manifestation and now they think they're god and they're gonna do the same with WoD.

Damn you all and your passiveness, it felt as if I was the only one going WTF? when I heard about Isle of Thunder and had to play all pre-BC mode again, fighting endless mobs I didn't care about just to get to a location.