Quote Originally Posted by ClixxHeals View Post
    Well if I were able to fly, I'd just pop spectral guise and fly away if I saw someone coming for me. My problem is more going from A-B w/o being ganked than being killed while grinding mobs. Have been ganked a lot on my way to ToT for raiding or trying to get to Ordos and I find that annoying so I rather sit in Orgrimmar and ask for a summon.
    Why are you on a PvP server or flagging yourself on a Normal/RP server then?

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    That is different then what people have been saying, or what I got from it...but also less severe/stupid than what some people in this thread are suggesting.
    And I am not saying anything about what they are going to do - but my point was simply that at this stage we don't know. They have said "we will see what happens". At no point have they actually said "We are thinking about removing flying from WoD totally" (at least not in anything I have seen). People are simply seeing them talk about removing it until 6.1 and then seeing what happens as them saying they are going to remove it totally. Of course they may do (unlikely imo) but they havent said so.

15+ Year Old Account
    That is different then what people have been saying, or what I got from it...but also less severe/stupid than what some people in this thread are suggesting.
    There have been several vague statements from blizzard. A few more that are more specific. And some conflicting information from tweet along with their musings. The information is out there, but not much is reliable at this point. That is why there is so much discussion. Blizzard had a stance, people were divided on it. One of their employees made a statement that would possibly bring further restrictions. That is what most of this thread is discussing.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if some sort of air combat mechanism were employed? Maybe then flying wouldn't have such a stigma to it?

[Edit] Even better! MOUNTED COMBAT!

Let's consider this for a bit: if different mounts had various attacks the same way battlepets do, you could have jousting/dogfights for more controlled battles via queue AND would give people an enormously compelling reason to collect mounts (not to mention encourage people to buy pet store mounts too!). Mounts would no longer just be status symbols, but a part of your character's move set.
    Last edited by Teebone; 2014-03-24 at 04:47 PM.

Deleted
    Blue post:
    World

Will WoD have a lot of timeless Isle style interaction all over draenor?
    Absolutely! From levelling to endgame, we're all about dynamic content and choosing the difficulty that's right for you!

YES! I KNEW IT!
    This is going to be the bets expansion ever. The world will be filled will people for the first time in 7 years or so.
    Dynamic social events...this is all I want in a friggin MMO <3

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Well the difference is that now they would have to run there, dismount, kill a handful of mobs and then afk while they grab a drink. Apparently method of travel is a huge aspect of gameplay that we should be gimped on because Blizzard doesn't know how to design compelling content.
    IKR! I still can't figure out what ground travel actually does for the game other than make it take longer for people to get to the things that they want to do. I'm actually really excited for beta so we can start getting some news out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Blue post:
    World

Absolutely! From levelling to endgame, we're all about dynamic content and choosing the difficulty that's right for you!

YES! I KNEW IT!
    This is going to be the bets expansion ever. The world will be filled will people for the first time in 7 years or so.
    Yeah, because that skunky beer event in timeless isle is amazing, amirite?

And? Mobs would be harder and still irrelevant. What exactly are you fixing?
    An irrelevant open world where due to raiding is completely void of any difficulty whatsoever. Mobs are so easy that most just die by glancing in their general direction.

Yet, for as easy as the mobs actually are - some people in this thread act like it is a war crime to expect them to run through them on their ground mount because of the daze mechanic.

Then ground mounts would need to move at 40%...or we would have stupidly inconsistent world. And everything else you listed can be solutioned for that doesn't involve making the world stupidly inconsistent...some or all have been in this thread or one of the others just like it.
    Ground mounts retain 100% movement speed.

If we are going after a "consistent world", then flying mounts certainly need to fly slower and have a fuel/energy resource. There's no way any flying mount would be able to fly forever without needing to rest/refuel. Also if we need to have a "consistent world", then we probably should take a look at the ultra-thin atmosphere up there in the skybox when you fly so high that the trees fade into fog. I won't even mention the frigid temperatures up there.

If that's all you want then why didn't you leave when Rift did it better years ago?
    Rest of the Rift is not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Obviously that would be of poor design. You must really not expect much. It's no wonder so many of you think just riding on the ground should be such a huge part of the game.
    Well, the current TI design is do one point of damage on the Celestials/Ordo/World bosses/rares.

1 point of damage, if you get out of combat, you can mount up. Still get loot/credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    What if some sort of air combat mechanism were employed? Maybe then flying wouldn't have such a stigma to it?
    Melee combat in the air.

Yea no. The Z axis is not utilized in this game for a reason, it sucks. Very few players like underwater combat, it's the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClixxHeals View Post
    and I hope there's a flight path next to the garrison...
    Or at least within reach via ground mount.

I didn't know a cloud needed to rest/refuel.
    Runs out of magic? I dunno

A cloud would need to refuel in a sense. Think of a storm, as it passes over land it depletes, but it grows over water. Clouds would need to stop in water periodically.

I cant wait to run around crap I dont care about rather than fly over it!

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Or at least within reach via ground mount.
    Everything will be designed within reach of a ground mount or a blizzard supplied method of travel if they expect no flight at max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Blue post:
    World

YES! I KNEW IT!
    So, not ALL of WoD will have a TI feel to it. Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
    Well, the current TI design is do one point of damage on the Celestials/Ordo/World bosses/rares.

1 point of damage, if you get out of combat, you can mount up. Still get loot/credit.
    So you essentially agree that TI is poorly designed but in the next expansion you want the entire continent to be just like TI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Why are you on a PvP server or flagging yourself on a Normal/RP server then?
    Because the only suitable guild who were recruiting at that point happened to be on a PvP realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post

[Edit] Even better! MOUNTED COMBAT!

Let's consider this for a bit: if different mounts had various attacks the same way battlepets do, you could have jousting/dogfights for more controlled battles via queue AND would give people an enormously compelling reason to collect mounts (not to mention encourage people to buy pet store mounts too!). Mounts would no longer just be status symbols, but a part of your character's move set.
    As large as the skyboxes are, either thousands of aerial mobs would have to be roaming around or some type of random spawn mechanism where they "spawned out of the trunk of your mount". Either wouldn't leave a very happy experience IMO.

If the skybox was lowered to somewhere between 20 to 40 yards, that would be something - but that would also be a nerf to flying too. Even at that, flying at 450-492%, you would fly past the leash range of mobs in seconds so the mobs would have to have overpowered abilities or almost 1-shot if they actually reach you.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, ignore all the dragons, griffons, bats, hyppogryphs, and flying machines/machines where it would make sense to have a fuel/energy resource and focus on the one floating disk. Even that requires magic, just like the flying carpet that may need periodic recharging.