10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I spent hours farming that T6 gear now it's useless! I'm quitting
    Gear is always replaced. What MMO have you played when you permanently replace mounts for something else?

bitches gonna bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    bitches gonna bitch.
    And people who have nothing useful to contribute will apparently continue doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Homnar View Post
    I would LOVE no flying on dreanor
    I second this!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    Yeah, I can already fly with the glider. Not that it's worth the 1 lesser charm and 20 timeless coins.

Or they could do stuff like the Golden Lotus dailies that require you to be on the ground. Or the hidden Klaxxi daily that requires two people on the ground to activate. They have a multitude of ways to get people to do puzzles on the ground and that can't be trivialized by flying.
    Or implementing it in a patch post leveling!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess my question is: Why are they going to give a flying mount with the purchase of the digital deluxe or collectors edition of the game, if they are planning on doing no flying for an xpac? It is a mount that will never be used (at least in the new content, where people will be)at least not much given all the ground mounts people have. I would rather have another ground mount if they are planning a no fly xpac. Why bother buy anything above a standard edition to only really get a pet? Seems to me that the marketing department needs to converse with the designer side a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    And people who have nothing useful to contribute will apparently continue doing so.
    Case in point: this impotent, illiterate shitstorm of a thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the success of Flappy Bird, devs are reported to be looking to turn World of Warcraft into an old school side scrolling adventure. As one designer put it: "3D just complicates things".
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I think the resist gear system should be gone. Forever, and ever - and ever. Down in the lowest pits of hell. However, I think attunements should return. But only IF, and really IF there are two things they stick to:

-they become account-bound.

-the attunements make sense in terms of story. Not just attunement for the sake of attunement, but rather an attunement that makes sense. An attunement with a story tied around it. As opposed to the Kara version where it's basically just 'move to x instance to get part 1, and then the other to get part 2, and so on and so on because reasons', remaining totally disconnected from the main Karazhan story.
    I agree with the attunments needing account bound if re-implemented. I can understand why people don't want resist gear, but from an rpg aspect I think needing specific gear, or Atleast augments for resistance to elemental forces, just makes sense to me in a fantasy game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I'm interested to see if they take advantage of the absolute no flying at the start to make new mechanics.
    Things like the mountain side you have to climb in Kun-Lai with all of the obstacles. Maze-like areas. Jumping and climbing puzzles like those the timeless isle experimented with. There's a lot of really cool stuff that can be completely trivialized by flying.

I for one think it'd be awesome to say, see a massive world boss flying around the spires of Arak, but unable to be reached until you are exalted with a Arakkoa faction and are given some sort of grappling hook type thing that lets you scale up the spires to their peaks to fight the boss.

It's not as if you won't be able to use flying everywhere else in the game. There will still be five continents that you can use your flying mount on. And really, the reverse is just as true, making every major outdoor zone flyable also makes all of the cool ground-mounts people have worked or paid for obsolete.

I really enjoyed the islands in MoP. It was great to have a zone where I actually had to consider what the quickest route was and go around areas with high concentration of mobs. I spent tons of time in Vanilla learning to jump to get to all sorts of normally inaccessible places, the top of the stormwind gates, under the city, the Ironforge airport, the sealed off valleys in dun morogh and silverpine, Hyjal. And it was amazing to finally get a chance to use those skills again on the Isle of Thunder, where I found ways into every tier but Nalak's area and the inner courtyard during phase 1 while the doors were still up. I cant imagine how much less interesting the islands would have been if flying was allowed and you could cross the entire area in 15-20 seconds.
    No the reverse is not true. Battlegrounds are ground mount only. Ground mounts in the PVE world have never been obsolete. Ever. You always had and will forever will have the option to explore the world with a ground mount. Irrelevant is the fact of convenience. The option is there.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    I'd love for this to happen. Whenever I read people say "well I guess it's time to leave this game" or "If they do this I'm totally unsubbing" it tickles me to no extent.
    I guess you've never done dailies, archaeology or farmed raid mats before. (or anything else aside from lvling the first toon, that requires a lot of travel in a game that lost it's RPG immersion factor a long time ago)
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2014-03-09 at 04:01 PM.

Deleted
    I don't get where does all the love for "no-flying in Dreanor" come from? What is supposedly so great about that? Sure, it probably would be fun for a week, or even a month, getting the feeling of an immersive world and high intensity of world pvp everywhere, but all that is going to be fun only for a while. Eventually, all of the hypsters, who now go "hurr, no-flying is best thing in the world, ever" will get tired of the non-stop ganking, and of having to do their daily chores on foot, for months. I can guarantee you that. The very same people who are now mocking the ones that are against it, will cry all over the forums come the second month of WoD.

What's funny is if Blizzard just stop giving a crap about the way their environments looked people would complain just as much. The fact remains that a LOT of work goes into their environments and everyone sees it once while leveling and then flies everywhere. Personally I enjoy not flying, lets me find all the neat little things that the game has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    No, there will be flying.

This video doesn't say anything new about flying. He says, "At ship we won't allow flying at all".
    'we really wanna feel out how the players react', 'we want players to give it a chance', 'is there a world where we have no flying, but people love it', 'is that a possibility?'

Quote Originally Posted by Skr View Post
    I don't get where does all the love for "no-flying in Dreanor" come from? What is supposedly so great about that? Sure, it probably would be fun for a week, or even a month, getting the feeling of an immersive world and high intensity of world pvp everywhere, but all that is going to be fun only for a while. Eventually, all of the hypsters, who now go "hurr, no-flying is best thing in the world, ever" will get tired of the non-stop ganking, and of having to do their daily chores on foot, for months. I can guarantee you that. The very same people who are now mocking the ones that are against it, will cry all over the forums come the second month of WoD.
    The kids love to gank, that sums up where its all coming from. Moar WPVP and all.

So much fail. So if I fly on my own mount to a dungeon entrance, that means that I don't know where the dungeon entrance is?
    But if I take the flight path there, that means I know where it is?
    Full potato.

I do fly around and travel the world in WoW everyday when I log in. Do you?

No, my argument is very valid. I'm saying that most people do not want to leave the city anyways, at all. A minority of players does. I'm part of the minority. Flying is a huge part of why I leave the cities. If flying was removed, even MORE people would gather around in cities only. Just like even MORE people hang out in Sw / Org all the time when city portals were removed in Cata. Do you not remember that?

Ill concede the first one to you, was more of a lfd fail, but assuming that flying makes people go find entrances is illogical. Many times I've been in dungeons where dumb people die, and then can't find the entrance to the dungeon. Due to lack of exploring, and incentive to explore. I was insinuating that ground mounts would encourage players to explore more, but that doesn't solve the lfd dummies that will unlikely explore the world. So I will concede that point.

However, your assumption that not having flying will create more population afk in capitals is yet to be determined, and therefore unfounded. Just because you don't have flying doesn't mean u can't explore hard to reach places. For instance, the rolling snow laden hills behind gnomergan, accessible on foot, yet so much undeveloped land to explore.

However, you seem to think flying will make these people leave the city and explore or do something besides afk on a flying mount. Therefore that point becomes invalid. It could be that neither my point or yours is valid and it will just remain as it is now.
    Last edited by lolzsec; 2014-03-09 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope he's just talking out of his ass and not serious. It's not so much the lack of flying that would piss me off. It's the restriction of freedom on how I play. You can't just introduce a feature, keep it and sustain it for years. Only to then remove it because of some vague reason, because let's face it it's not for immersion reasons. Sorry but if this is their plan, they can take their nostalgia expac and shove it. I'll vote with my wallet. I hardly play WoW as it is nowadays, so it wont be hard for me to quit if this turns out to be true. GG Blizzard.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skr View Post
    Yea, I like they are looking at this as away to invoke wpvp, but this is not going to happen freely on a pve realms, my realm does not have enough Alliance on it to even get a group together to even to prevent the horde from taking over stormwind, let alone do wpvp on it. Another thing is this whole no flying thing is only going to effect the people that go out in the world. I am almost be willing to bet, even more people to be sitting in the cities than ever before. This is concept of no flying should only be done on a pvp realm environment where it will be useful for all the people itching to gank. This does nothing to further immersion, it will however, make more not go out in the world. I have never sat in the city in my entire 9 years plus playing, but I think I might do just that or at least camp out at my garrison once I get level cap.

I also suspect that Garrisons are going to be a big hangout spot. If they aren't in a city while queued, I think a majority of folks are going to be hanging around their garrisons with a few buddies or whatnot, or just taking care of whatever business is there.

In fact, I think the inclusion of garrisons-as much as people have wanted player housing-given that they're phased/instanced to the person or whatnot(I forget which)-is going to make more of an impact on people running around the world than if they allowed flying even at 90, let alone at 100. At least with people flying around, you'll still run into them. In garrisons, not so much.

I honestly think one of the bigger mistakes they made with flying over the years was having flying from 80 in Cata. By having an expansion that was completely about being able to fly in it, people got even more used to it than in the other expacs(when you needed to level up to do so.) Even Wrath, who added the tome, didn't add the tome right away(I think it took about a year?) In any case, I still think they should be trying to work with the flying more than pushing against it-they're far more likely to piss off less people that way.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Blizzard removed city portals at the beginning of Cata in order for the world to feel more immersive, or something. Before that, players had been spread over Dalaran, Sw, Darnassus, Ironforge, Org, Undercity, Silvermoon, and even some Thunderbluff.

After the removal of City portals, people were exclusively hanging around in Stormwind and Orgrimmar. Both turned into a complete lagfest and all other cities became complete ghost towns.

A player who primarily wants to raid / dungeon queue / PVP will continue to do so and nwhat e affected by this change in any major way.

A play who primarily enjoys exploring and traveling will be greatly hindered by this change, since flying is a huge incentive to explore and travel.
    Sounds more of a server problem with removal of portals. People just tended to stay in shat, or dal for portals. One reason why org and sw, were so pack was due to all the zone portals...there's a surprise. Wasn't so much city portals. Or am I missing something