Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    You're basing your entire discussion off 1 person? Fucking Lol.

Also: from Blizzards own MVP page:

Q. What does an MVP do?

A. MVPs promote constructive posting wherever they can. They contribute to the community and encourage polite discussion throughout the forums. When you see an MVP post, listen to what they have to say—they were also chosen for their knowledge of the game.

. Why didn't you select _____, someone who always gives great constructive feedback on X subject?

A. Please understand that MVPs are not class/race or community representatives in that sense; they are not chosen for their ability to criticize game mechanics and give feedback. They certainly can do this (and many do). The members of the Community Team are still your vehicles through which you should submit feedback by posting on the forums and in blog comments. We do not have a class/race representative system in place at this time and would prefer to hear all players' feedback instead of a select few.

Oops. Looks like they aren't selected like you think they are.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4038704715

Basically Mvps are mvps because they aren't whining crying trolling posters. They don't "tow the line" they just don't act like dipshits either.
    Yeah sorry fella...you lost. All you have is your own uneducated opinion based off of having not even played alpha. You lack the ability to read up on the experiences of people playing alpha, what is in store for us in the outter world...yadda yadda.

And if you ever spent any time reading MVP posts, they do tow the line for the most part. You can read up on Crepe's post history if you wanna get a better understanding why it's surprising that he is so one sided on the issue.

Anyways, until you actually bring something other than your uneducated opinion to the table...you've lost.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    To sum up Drytoasts laughable ramblings: In his words, "He wins" and proclaims the right to say "i told you so" because one player (yes - one player, who also happens to be an mvp) on the Alpha forums posted saying he doesnt like the no-flying changes.
    And p much anyone can be MVP anyway. Snowfox has been an mvp for a long time and use to troll everyone consistently to the point people went out of their way to attack him/her. Was good times.

Also, I will point out something I found amusing thats not related to this discussion at all. Check whom the OP is of that thread Drytoast posted. That is worth some hearty lols.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    LOL, one person says something you want to hear and so you think it's somehow proof?

Sounds like you hate the change, so quit WoW and leave this thread. We'll miss you.
    haha hilarious.

Are the zones going to be smaller because you play the game?

Is travel time going to take any less because YOU play the game?

You might not find it as jarring as I would, granted...but you playing the game is not going to suddenly mean that most of the mobs don't have knock backs or stuns...(another FACT I've posted here again, from the alpha boards)

Crepe's personal opinion after having PLAYED THE GAME is also much...MUCH more valid than yours. Like true fools...you focus in on his personal opinion, and completely ignore the things he's saying that has nothing to do with opinion.

I find it hilarious.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't your entire defense of this;

- blizzard will design the zones around no flight...so it won't be that bad.

FAIL

- blizzard will not stuff it full of mobs if they know we have to travel by land more now

FAIL

- don't jump to conclusions, we haven't even played it yet.

FAIL
    Last edited by Drytoast; 2014-06-22 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    haha hilarious.

Are the zones going to be smaller because you play the game?

Is travel time going to take any less because YOU play the game?

You might not find it as jarring as I would, granted...but you playing the game is not going to suddenly mean that most of the mobs don't have knock backs or stuns...(another FACT I've posted here again, from the alpha boards)

Crepe's personal opinion after having PLAYED THE GAME is also much...MUCH more valid than yours. Like true fools...you focus in on his personal opinion, and completely ignore the things he's saying that has nothing to do with opinion.

I find it hilarious.
    So... Someone who played level 92 has full experience of the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    I'm kinda thinking that's the case. Who deletes their accounts, and still flips out over a feature of said game that they don't even play anymore. It doesn't make sense.
    Someone who is passionate (crazy) enough to make a fucking point. Khaltusk, Ordinator, and a handful of others have ALL seen the copy of the final email confirming all 3 accounts were deleted. They are gone. And they died so I could prove a point to Blizz and continue to fight them on a change I feel is going to cost them 1/4 of their subs by the first patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Someone who is passionate (crazy) enough to make a fucking point. Khaltusk, Ordinator, and a handful of others have ALL seen the copy of the final email confirming all 3 accounts were deleted. They are gone. And they died so I could prove a point to Blizz and continue to fight them on a change I feel is going to cost them 1/4 of their subs by the first patch.
    Also: You might want to advertise your petition. Atm you've got 4 votes (from last I checked a few hours ago) for a petition that according to the first signature (yours) is 3 weeks old. You would look very foolish if you didn't get close to your total. Just friendly advice.

yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    I still believe most of the pro-flyers genuinely don't realise what's good for them and the game, aka removal of flying. They'll come around and eventually thank Blizzard for having the audacity and foresight to show them, even though they were kicking and screaming every step of the way - lol.
    And if you believe that steaming pile of shit you just dropped, I'd be happy to sell you this large red bridge I have in San Francisco, just laying around. $200. It's a steal. Removing a 8 year old feature that did not ruin the game is stupid. Blizz will learn that fact the hard way when casuals just walk away at lvl 100.

And p much anyone can be MVP anyway. Snowfox has been an mvp for a long time and use to troll everyone consistently to the point people went out of their way to attack him/her. Was good times.

Also, I will point out something I found amusing thats not related to this discussion at all. Check whom the OP is of that thread Drytoast posted. That is worth some hearty lols.
    I read the entire thread fella...more description over the gameplay was in crepe's post. The OP was just opinion.

Here, I'll post it incase you missed it...

Blizzard, please on behalf of the WoW community, please keep flying out of WoD for the entirety of the expansion. At least in Draenor. Flying can still be enabled in Panda Land, and the original areas of Azeroth, but we feel it takes a sense of immersion out of the game with flight enabled.

We like how it was disabled for ToT, and Timeless Isle, which was a good step in the right direction, but we dont think it was enough.

Thank you for your consideration.
    Opinion piece. Details nothing about the gameplay, nothing about the experience. It's just basically one guys saying "oooo i like no flight!" Doesn't describe what travel time is like...doesn't detail how many mobs the zone has in it...nadda. It's basically fluff, the same kind of crap you guys spew. Opinions, with no facts to back it up. I'm not surprised you actually brought up the OP...LOL!

You guys make this too easy.
    Last edited by Drytoast; 2014-06-22 at 12:12 PM.

I read the entire thread fella...more description over the gameplay was in crepe's post. The OP was just opinion.

Here, I'll post it incase you missed it...

Opinion piece. Details nothing about the gameplay, nothing about the experience. It's just basically one guys saying "oooo i like no flight!" Doesn't describe what travel time is like...doesn't detail how many mobs the zone has in it...nadda. It's basically fluff, the same kind of crap you guys spew. Opinions, with no facts to back it up. I'm not surprised you actually brought up the OP...LOL!

You guys make this too easy.
    The person who posted that is JAYLOCK btw. :P as in MMO-champs own jaylock. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Also: You might want to advertise your petition. Atm you've got 4 votes (from last I checked a few hours ago) for a petition that according to the first signature (yours) is 3 weeks old. You would look very foolish if you didn't get close to your total. Just friendly advice.
    I'm not interested in advertising a Petition that Blizz will simply laugh at and overlook. The purpose of the petition was to get it on the grid, and then make it searchable. In the media, perception is everything. The fact that a petition even exists is more juicy than a petition which has been completely signed. Plus, when doing a Google Search for Warlords of Draenor on Facebook or Google, it shows up later in the results. I just need small thorns to make a big pain. There are already sites against Blizz:

http://www.bnetd.org/
    http://research.yale.edu/lawmeme/mod...rticle&sid=149
    http://boycottblizzard.org/
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2014-06-22 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I'm not interested in advertising a Petition that Blizz will simply laugh at and overlook. The purpose of the petition was to get it on the grid, and then make it searchable. In the media, perception is everything. The fact that a petition even exists is more juicy than a petition which has been completely signed. Plus, when doing a Google Search for Warlords of Draenor on Facebook or Google, it shows up later in the results. I just need small thorns to make a big pain.
    Yes, but wouldn't it be more of a victory and cause more pain if people signed it? I mean its up to you, its your decision, just seems a shame to waste all that time and passion in making it and not putting it out there on this website or blizzards forum or whatever.

Just to keep count...

Drytoast has now factually brought to the table;

- travel time is longer (twice as long described by crepe)
    - zones are filled with more mobs
    - starter zone mobs all seem to have knockbacks and stuns
    - zones are HUGE.

AntiFlyers brought to the table;

- opinion
    - just wait and see, we don't know yet...it's alpha!

EL OH EL!

- - - Updated - - -

The person who posted that is JAYLOCK btw. :P as in MMO-champs own jaylock. :P
    notice his downvotes?

1 day ago

EL OH EL

Just to keep count...

Drytoast has now factually brought to the table;

- travel time is longer (twice as long described by crepe)
    - zones are filled with more mobs
    - starter zone mobs all seem to have knockbacks and stuns
    - zones are HUGE.

AntiFlyers brought to the table;

- opinion
    - just wait and see, we don't know yet...it's alpha!

EL OH EL!
    Drytoast has factually bought up: One mans opinion.

Anti flyers have bought up: one mans opinion.

It's p even so far.

Also: Search Jaylock on this board and then read the threads he starts on this board, then go back and read the blizzard one and you'll see why I bought it up. Keep trying though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but wouldn't it be more of a victory and cause more pain if people signed it? I mean its up to you, its your decision, just seems a shame to waste all that time and passion in making it and not putting it out there on this website or blizzards forum or whatever.
    I have no access to the Blizz forum since I had all 3 accounts deleted. As for this site, would be just my luck it violates the "No Petition" rule and earns me another 2 week vacation, thus allowing the Blizzard Asskissers a chance to sit here and spew their anti-flying propaganda.

Deleted
    After 525 pages, let's have a quick poll to see opinions of mmo champ population?

http://goo.gl/jMIZj1

Drytoast has factually bought up: One mans opinion.

Anti flyers have bought up: one mans opinion.

It's p even so far.

Also: Search Jaylock on this board and then read the threads he starts on this board, then go back and read the blizzard one and you'll see why I bought it up. Keep trying though.
    You understand the difference between facts and opinions...right?

Like you can't say "I like no flight" period.

versus

"No flight isn't working...BECAUSE 'lists a bunch of facts about how the game is currently set up in alpha'"

Sure his opinion is he doesn't like not being able to fly, but he's backing that up with FACTS about his experience playing alpha. How on earth can you bypass that as just an opinion?

If I say, I dislike the feel riding my Yamaha Maxim 650 on the express way because after 60 mph, the engine will start to vibrate drastically, making the ride scary and unstable.

The FACT in that statement is that after 60 mph...the engine will start to vibrate drastically. That's not an opinion.

Here; let's test you...

I do not like Kermit the frog because he's green...and I do not like the color green.

What is the fact in that statement?
    Last edited by Drytoast; 2014-06-22 at 12:34 PM.

You understand the difference between facts and opinions...right?

Like you can't say "I like no flight" period.

versus

"No flight isn't working...BECAUSE 'lists a bunch of facts about how the game is currently set up in alpha'"

Sure his opinion is he doesn't like not being able to fly, but he's backing that up with FACTS about his experience playing alpha. How on earth can you bypass that as just an opinion.
    Because it's hardly fact when he doesn't actually give any times. Maybe the pertinent question is. HOW LONG does it take to go from each flight path? Is it 1 minute? is it 2 minutes? Is it 5 minutes? is it 10 minutes? How long does it take to cross the entire zone on a flight path? He's given you an opinion because he stated how it FEELS to him, without actually telling you anything. Saying it FEELS longer and that it FEELS like there are more mobs everywhere doesn't actually GIVE any facts. You understand how that works right?

Because it's hardly fact when he doesn't actually give any times. Maybe the pertinent question is. HOW LONG does it take to go from each flight path? Is it 1 minute? is it 2 minutes? Is it 5 minutes? is it 10 minutes? How long does it take to cross the entire zone on a flight path? He's given you an opinion because he stated how it FEELS to him, without actually telling you anything. Saying it FEELS longer and that it FEELS like there are more mobs everywhere doesn't actually GIVE any facts. You understand how that works right?
    Let's go over what he said in this one post...I'll bold the facts and not the feels.

You get closer to where you want to be on the flight path and then mount up and head out to where you're actually going.

It's about twice the time as just flying there.

I've been on a lot of flight paths lately and it's more time consuming and not very interesting. You can't say "hey, there's a node I'd like to mine" or "there's a rare I want to take a stab at" while you're on a flight path. Instead you have to get to the destination and turn around and go back to it.

It's very, very different.

The selling point was that we'd be more involved in the environment this way. I actually feel more detached from gameplay rather than engrossed in it.

Having actually played Frostfire Ridge in Alpha... you're really going to miss it if they decide to not implement it.

The zone is huge. And it's just one zone. After you're done with the quest, there's just an interminable amount of travel time to get anywhere. It's annoying. It's not an interesting change to gameplay. And running around areas that are thicker with mobs really doesn't add anything to the game beyond more travel time.
    So while he's being opinionated...he's backing it up with FACTS about why he feels the way he does.

AntiFlyers would just say "I like not being able to fly...and that's it!..can't really tell ya why I feel this way as I most likely haven't played alpha and can't really say much other than some bullshit unrealistic dreams and wishes of what no flight is going to add to the game!"
    (my personal favorite is the idiot who thinks it will bring back tarren mill versus southshore wpvp!)

It's not even comparable.
    Last edited by Drytoast; 2014-06-22 at 12:49 PM.

Let's go over what he said in this one post...I'll bold the facts and not the feels.
    No numbers listed for any of that. So again. Opinion. Not fact.

All the things he says are what make me happy about no flight to be honest. He just gives his opinion on why these things are bad. Zones being big, things going slower, not being able to peek and poke into everything at a whem sounds great.

So far what this green lettered poster has pretty much confirmed what I needed to hear. No flying is going to be great. It might cost Blizzard subs but that isn't my concern. All that matters to me is a better game. So far so good.