10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I will be fine with it, if I am refunded all gold I have spent on Flight training and flying mounts.
    Your flying isn't being taken away if that's what you're hinting at... you can still fly where ever you want in pandaria, northrend, azzeroth and even outlands... you just can't fly in WoD. Since you haven't spent any money to be able to fly in WoD, I don't see how you're losing anything. You paid to learn flying in all the other places, which you're still able to fly in, but now you want to cry about how you can't fly in a zone that you've yet to purchase flying? Call me sally and slap my butt, but I think you're in the wrong.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I do not think anyone has a problem with no flying until 6.1. I think they have a problem with no flying period. Blizzard develops far in advance. If every area is going to be like rift or gw2 or timeless isle, you will not be able to have flying.

- - - Updated - - -

The person in the interview said they are thinking about no flight at all in the expansion. They feel 50% support flying and 50% support removing flying. The interviewee said he feels people will come around and embrace no flying throughout the entire expansion. That is how i took it.
    Works for me, I feel flying is one of those things that it is nice to have but not important. Keep it or remove it, either way I will still pay to play becuse the flying didnt make the game fun, the game made the game fun lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valock View Post
    So what if he flys now? He doesn't say hes not, hes not being a hypocrite, hes welcoming a better solution to travelling.

I myself loved it when ground mount was the only transport (except flight paths), but I still fly now, but I won't go full retard if I lose it, I'd welcome it with open hands. At least the world will feel x10 bigger with only ground mounts. And even better, DANGEROUS.
    A solution implies there's a problem, and there isn't.
    A "better solution to travelling" is by no stretch of imagination a removal of the fastest means of personal transportation available.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Maybe someone will get this, but the journey to your destination is as important as getting there. When you reduce it too much. The world becomes small, and your essentially just jumping around. There's a reason vanilla, and a large portion of bc felt so big.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Maybe someone will get this, but the journey to your destination is as important as getting there. When you reduce it too much. The world becomes small, and your essentially just jumping around. There's a reason vanilla, and a large portion of bc felt so big.
    I agree with this and also from an artistic stand point I agree with it. They put alot of work and effort into the environment, an enviornment that often times alot people miss as they are above the tree tops for a majority of the time and only see it for the brief moment they drop down to kill something then mount up and fly back up above the trees. Also it would save in development time becuse they could go back to the Vanilla development model and design the world to be seen from just on prespective and not worry about haveing to fill in or flesh out the world in places where groundmounts cant go or flight paths do not fly over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I like your posts, and I hear what you are saying. But what if i told you towards the tail end of CATA that Dungeons were going to be discontinued moving forward? You would have said you are crazy. Look at the game now. We had an entire expansion with no dungeons other than the few that launched.

I think no flight is a real possibility.
    We still had dungeons. We will have dungeons again in WoD, and the next expac and the one after that. Facts instill faith, Opinions can instill faith... or fear. The only thing being accomplished about running around shouting "The sky is falling" is you will whack your head not looking where you are going.

Please bookmark this thread:

If flying is NEVER released ANYWHERE on Draenor, I will personally purchase a store bought mount for every person in this thread who predicted it.

However, when it is all done, and we get flying, I will come back and do this:

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Won't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    I agree with this and also from an artistic stand point I agree with it. They put alot of work and effort into the environment, an enviornment that often times alot people miss as they are above the tree tops for a majority of the time and only see it for the brief moment they drop down to kill something then mount up and fly back up above the trees. Also it would save in development time becuse they could go back to the Vanilla development model and design the world to be seen from just on prespective and not worry about haveing to fill in or flesh out the world in places where groundmounts cant go or flight paths do not fly over.
    This argument over used by many people who oppose flying. There are quite a few people who use flying to actively explore the world ad not just bypass it all. For me having to wait ~3-4 months after the expansion is released just to be able to fly around and look at things is simply going to mean that some of the shiny will already be worn off, some of the magic lost. If I see an impressive 400 foot tall tower, I want to go look at it. Yeah, it actually bothers me that I can't closely examine those towers with the lightning all over them on the Isle of Thunder. Seeing a little bit of it from limited angles during a scripted event doesn't cut it for me.

Flying lets me see the world. It doesn't hide it from me.

If they want to go no flying then:

1) Make all fly points portals -- don't waste my time.
    2) Make a personal portal 2-way from location to home like D3. Would prefer no or very low cool-down, but 15 min would probably be ok.

And personally, I explore the world more flying than walking or on a mount just because it's easier to do and a more efficient use of time. This has recently been after reaching top level since one can't really look at everything while leveling and questing, etc. so flying has typically been available.
    Last edited by finchna; 2014-03-12 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Flying lets me see the world. It doesn't hide it from me.
    Blizzard disagrees. Not sure why though, because they disagree by saying they want you to see the world. Flying mounts allow for more exploration exactly for the reason you just described.

There will be flying in the xpack. Stop acting like the sky is falling.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    We still had dungeons. We will have dungeons again in WoD, and the next expac and the one after that. Facts instill faith, Opinions can instill faith... or fear. The only thing being accomplished about running around shouting "The sky is falling" is you will whack your head not looking where you are going.

Please bookmark this thread:

If flying is NEVER released ANYWHERE on Draenor, I will personally purchase a store bought mount for every person in this thread who predicted it.

However, when it is all done, and we get flying, I will come back and do this:

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Blizzard disagrees. Not sure why though, because they disagree by saying they want you to see the world. Flying mounts allow for more exploration exactly for the reason you just described.
    Let's just be honest enough to say that experiencing things on the ground is vastly different than flying above it. Your not doing quests, fighting rares, pvping, or everything that this game has to offer in the air. It's all on the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    In the past that's meant only while leveling, but in our experiences with the Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle we feel like we can extend that for a bit longer in the new content, and have it be kind of a big deal again once you're able to earn flying in the first big content patch, and in the meantime putting focus on flight paths as well as having some more interesting travel options for players to use.
    This is why. They just want us to appreciate flight more when they give it back to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Let's just be honest enough to say that experiencing things on the ground is vastly different than flying above it. Your not doing quests, fighting rares, pvping, or everything that this game has to offer in the air. It's all on the ground.
    I agree, it is all on the ground. The only people really making a stink about its removal are:

1. Gatherers who love to make bank in the AH from sales. Gathering goes faster at 492% than 110%.

2. People who were dumb enough to roll a character on a PvP realm. No way to escape the lvl 100s.

I really couldn't care. I use flight paths if there is one close to where I'm going and then I'm back on the internet to look things up, do some work, and talk to my wife and do something for her. By the time I'm done with any of those I'm done flying and I go back to doing what I had been before. Only this time when I get there I will use a ground mount and add... maybe 30 seconds? Maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really when you think about it all flying does is cater to instant gratification. Instead of traveling by foot a quest location, you fly there in a fraction of the time skipping over mountains, tunnels, elivated paths, or any obsitcal that sits between point A and B. More over people tend to fly above the quest area and drop directly down on their target, kill it, and then fly off. I dont see anyone actually clear out the mobs they dont need to get to the ones they do, they simply mount up, fly to it, drop down, and repeat makeing the danger and risk of the world into a very bland and short "choose your own adventure" setting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I have my feeling that he didn't mean completely delaying it until next expansion, more of the plan about delaying it by each major patch.

Patch 6.0 = no flying
    Patch 6.1 = flying in 6.0 area
    Patch 6.2 = flying in 6.1 area

So, technically you couldn't fly during the whole expansion, but on other-hand you can.
    No flying??? Uh... there will always be flying when WoD hits, just not on draenor.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    May I go ahead and make such a prediction, just for the extremely minuscule chance of getting a store mount lol?
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuru View Post
    May I go ahead and make such a prediction, just for the extremely minuscule chance of getting a store mount lol?
    I would encourage it. But, I too have it bookmarked and will come back to slap folks silly :P

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about flying or not flying, the expansion just looks great. I have great expactations from it.