I welcome this, it will bring back some of the thrill of exploring, and make the world a little bit more dangerous.

Actually I've made my mind now, after Blizzard's statements. I won't buy the expansion until the flying is on. I don't want to run around like an idiot for some months (or worst, an entire expansion, though this is very unlikely) for no reason at all. Anyone who thinks that running is fun can always take a hike from Booty Bay to Silvermoon...

I have like 20 unplayed games on Steam, why spend time to go from point A to point B instead of actually playing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Actually I've made my mind now, after Blizzard's statements. I won't buy the expansion until the flying is on. I don't want to run around like an idiot for some months (or worst, an entire expansion, though this is very unlikely) for no reason at all. Anyone who thinks that running is fun can always take a hike from Booty Bay to Silvermoon...

I have like 20 unplayed games on Steam, why spend time to go from point A to point B instead of actually playing something?
    I think theirs allot of fun to be had in between a and b. That time you go from a - b can flesh out the world even more and provide content for you and other players. Blizz gives us half the journey, we need to use are imaginations and fill in the gaps

Deleted
    oh, now that I've seen the tweet, I do hope they make no flying permanent in Draenor. Full support from me.

Deleted
    I support no-flying

It will be weird at first, but I'll adapt

Like everyone should imo

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be pretty pissed if they disabled flying for the whole expansion, in fact disabling it until the first patch is already pretty crappy. Sometimes I like to just fly around and gather on my druid, without flying I'd probably not bother with gathering at all. I couldn't give a shit about 'thrill' while exploring, mob dodging is frustrating as all hell.

Don't see what's wrong with the current system of no flying until level capped.

I am not really sure why it is such a big deal. I'm sure they will open up flying after an initial period similar to Wrath or Pandaria. If they removed flying all together what will come of all of the flying mounts, especially the ones without ground animations anyways? What about flying mounts that people paid money for from the online store or druids flight form having it from back when you had to do the quest chain for it. I'm sure there is no fine print that said your flying mount may be one day grounded permanently. Though you can never be that sure lol.

No fly in early expansion = good
    No fly in entery expansion = bad, bad idea, really bad idea, horrible idea

Quote Originally Posted by Wowforlife79 View Post
    I think theirs allot of fun to be had in between a and b. That time you go from a - b can flesh out the world even more and provide content for you and other players. Blizz gives us half the journey, we need to use are imaginations and fill in the gaps
    Please run between 2 points in Pandaland and tell me about the wonderful journey you had. WoW is a theme park game, after you have finished the content in an area, there's no more content there, done, people go there for herbs and shit. That won't change in WoD. There is NOTHING to flesh out in WoW, it's not like in Diablo, for example, where every time the game is randomly generated and you can actually have a surprise somewhere.

Now imagine Pandaland and it's dailies, and imagine how much time you would need to do the dailies. Do you think WoD won't have dailies? I don't want to spend 6 hours a day on dailies, 5.5 hours being traveling time in a very well known world. Or maybe I could use the flying paths, and just watch the screen for 5-10 minutes, that'll be fun. So yeah, good luck for that, I'll wait for the flying thingy

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Please run between 2 points in Pandaland and tell me about the wonderful journey you had. WoW is a theme park game, after you have finished the content in an area, there's no more content there, done, people go there for herbs and shit. That won't change in WoD. There is NOTHING to flesh out in WoW, it's not like in Diablo, for example, where every time the game is randomly generated and you can actually have a surprise somewhere.

Now imagine Pandaland and it's dailies, and imagine how much time you would need to do the dailies. Do you think WoD won't have dailies? I don't want to spend 6 hours a day on dailies, 5.5 hours being traveling time in a very well known world. Or maybe I could use the flying paths, and just watch the screen for 5-10 minutes, that'll be fun. So yeah, good luck for that, I'll wait for the flying thingy
    Ok now imagine you ignoring dailies all together and just using your imagination having fun playing wow like its a game and not a job. It doesn't have to be one you know. It is whatever you want it to be.
    Last edited by Wowforlife79; 2014-03-13 at 06:16 AM.

They would have seen an even bigger drop in subscribers in Cataclysm if it weren't for flying mounts. Cataclysm is the only expansion to get flying right.

Yeah, as If I did the Pandaland dailies for fun, not because they gave reputation, which was used to buy recipes. Like it was ALWAYS in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    There will be alot more world PvP with no flying mounts which is a good thing consider it's a game that starts w/ War. There's nothing wrong w/ people who don't like to constantly PvP, but you can't tell me kicking the shit out of a group of horde/alliance isn't satisfying, especially when they get a good whooping. Considering the max view distance in WoW isn't that large unless you enter the command, I don't know how you can claim the scenery is good from high up in the sky. You might see trees/mountains etc, but you can't see the individual work that went into the little things. That's an emphasis that blizzard is trying to put on WoD, but people like you are still under the mindset that the scenery is just as good up above as it as at ground level, which IMO isn't the case.
    I am on Illidan which is VERY horde dominated so WPVP doesn't matter on my server or servers who face such a in balance or pve servers. Also I can solve the problem with world pvp and flying mounts, longer casting time and a item that knocks players off their flying mounts. So if you see a player and they are mounting, just use that item and knock them off. As for how the scenery can be good from high in the sky, you don't believe in aerial photography? Also I never stated that ground scenery isn't as good. I was responding to the fact I won't embrace the environment when flying which obviously isn't true. This is a shot you can only get in the air which I think is good example (for me at least) that shows scenery can be easily embraced from the air as well as the ground http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ps9b68d2c1.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katharine View Post
    They would have seen an even bigger drop in subscribers in Cataclysm if it weren't for flying mounts. Cataclysm is the only expansion to get flying right.
    I disagree. Flying while leveling is something that should be reserved for alts or after an expansion is done and a new expansion is out. However, flying at max level in the new area of an expansion should be available. If it's for pvp reasons, then turn it off on pvp realms. If it's for daily quest reasons, turn it off in daily quest hubs, but the general open pve world should have flying at max level, in my opinion.

My reaction to this may be unsubbing a couple of my accounts. The ones I keep, I may be afking in cities while waiting for my two hour dps queues cause it sounds like they're butchering healing again too. I definitely won't be going out in the world. I can't enjoy the scenery if mobs are eating my face. If they don't bring flying back in 6.1, I'm pretty sure I'll be done. Flying is something not all games do and in WoW it feels epic and awesome. It would really be that much of a disappointment if I can't fly on Draenor.

I find it funny that the naysayers that say they want to have flying so they can "fly to raids and whatnot" Well they sure seem to fail at that these days for Ordos and the like. I swear ppl are stupid sometimes and when they get into raid first thing they say "summon me" even if they can easily see if that is a possibility atm(if lock is in raid and onsite) . Seems to me if those ppl so love to be able to fly everywhere then why do they always ask for summons instantly they get into a raidgroup? Just mount up and fly there. Also about the resource gatherers you will have npc doing some of that for you at garrisons.

And tbh those that quit a game they have played because of this they prolly dont really want to play this game even with flying.

No flying is fine by me, but please Blizzard, stop hiding behind the, "The world doesn't feel dangerous anymore!" excuse.

I fly over mobs now, I will run through them tomorrow. Nothing changes.

People already get shitty that they can't fly from 85-90 (not that I agree with them) and Blizzard wants to "see how things play out"? Does Blizzard have a habit of testing things that just don't need to be tested? It reminds me of how they wanted to see how limited attempts would play out in ToC and ICC and apparently thought people would start liking them eventually.

They screwed up by adding flying in the first place; they can't put the cat back in the bag. Too many people have worked too hard for their major achievement mounts to be okay with having those mounts be useless.

They need to add some complexity to flying that addresses the real problem -- the disconnection from the world. Flying is superfluous but never dangerous. Sky patrols that actually force you to fight, an end to infinite flight (make them get tired), maybe even pet-battle-esque combat for the mounts. If the problem is people fly off and don't see the world, avoiding the dangers, then make flying dangerous.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    For those people saying "well you should use ground mounts in Pandaria"

you probably haven't noticed, but Pandaria is not built for ground mounts at all,
    Yes, they hadn't noticed in the entire 85-90 level experience when they couldn't fly there that they couldn't get around on their ground mounts...

...wait a minute.

If they remove flying all together they should maybe make the game much more favourable for ground mounts. So go and re-do the zones if you want to see how we react. So far 90% of the people agreeing with no flying are the "explorers" that doesnt do fuck all in the game, sadly they are the majority of players. We'll see when 6.1 comes out. But after 6 months I know I wont be wowed by the terrain anymore. People will end up missing flying.