Deleted
    if blizz dont like us to fly then they can ffs creat portals around 6-8 portals in every singel new zone ? and give back that mass summon option in our Guild perks ?

hey look at the front page, he was hinting at no flying during *entire* expansion after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Oh yes so arrogant to have so many flying mounts given to us as rewards, sold to us as products, and then have the audacity to EXPECT to be able to use them!
    you can always go back to pandaria and fly around there. since flying is so awesome and all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    hey look at the front page, he was hinting at no flying during *entire* expansion after all.

you can always go back to pandaria and fly around there. since flying is so awesome and all.
    Why? Dead content is exactly that, no reason to go flying around there.

The main reason flying is so good is because you don't want to waste time with old boring content and suffer eternal daze dismounts from mobs at max level.

As I predicted. They are using the store mounts as a crutch argument now. As if somehow that was related to future expansions, and also quite convenient is leaving out the fact that they can be used as ground mounts. Very convenient indeed is to leave out blocks of information when presenting an argument.

People will go to other games, that have actual playable content. They've just announced that SoO will last at least 6 months with no update whatsoever, then this shit

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    As I predicted. They are using the store mounts as a crutch argument now. As if somehow that was related to future expansions, and also quite convenient is leaving out the fact that they can be used as ground mounts. Very convenient indeed is to leave out blocks of information when presenting an argument.
    What about ashes of al'ar? Widely considered to be one of a lot of people's favorite mount. It is flying only mount not obtained through the store. It is from old content and can not be used as a ground mount.

Why wait for WoD to use your ground mount? You can do it right now.

You won't be allowed to fly in Draenor at release, and the devs want to see how players react to this.
    Afrasiabi also mentions that he thinks it is possible that players could love a world with no flying.

How is this the *entire*exp ? they want to test it in 6.0, if enough ppl like it that way then yes it might be but in no way does he say or hint to it being the entire exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    It's not my rules though it's the rules Blizzard prescribed for us y'know the people who created the game, the fact that they are reluctant to re-introduce flying after WoD release lends support to this.

First of all I don't live in the game so I'm not sure why you're trying to make me seem like a sado... And secondly I'm not telling you to quit if you find the game fun because at the end of the day the subs of all the whiners keeps this game afloat so telling you to quit for no reason is counter-productive to me and the game as a whole.

Reading the forum I get the impression that most people here are bit about something or the other, it's like they don't enjoy the game that's why I suggested that they should quit. Threatening to cancel your sub is at this point is funny to read.
    Oh right. Rules. Well sorry, but the rules allow you to fly almost everywhere. What they are doing is experimenting or at least that's what they claim they are doing (could be that they lack content and using this as a means to make things seems grander) and IF people love it they might consider making it a permanent solution, but we all know that's not on the table cause they know how pissed off people will be without flying. Even some of the d-bags here moaning about flying mounts will change their mind, I suspect after that day comes and it bites them in the ass. If people whined so much about the turtle shell in MOP the whining is going to be titanic.

And I'm not trying to make you into anything, you are doing it yourself. I mean you don't say a game you buy, invest your time in and pay to keep playing shouldn't always be fun then there's something seriously wrong with you.
    And what you are doing is asking the devs to make the game "not fun" for me so THEN you can tell me to quit, cause why would I want to play a game that's no longer fun for me? I have fun flying, why should that stop? Because you don't have fun flying? So the question is, to apply your own mentality to it, if flying makes the game so "not fun" for you, then what the hell are you still doing here?

And it's not a threat, it's common sense, I won't waste the little time I have to play a game that does not give me the required satisfaction. And frankly spending way too much time running around from one place to another IS NOT FUN FOR ME. If I feel like exploring I'll do just that, but once is enough for me, then it's just annoying repetition. So I will threaten to do nothing. If worse comes to pass I'll just give you and them the middle finger and play something else. It's gonna break my heart as much as it would break blizzard's or yours cause I actually agree, if it's not fun then it's not worth my time and money.

Give it a shot before you knock it. If you don't want to do that, wait for 6.1 after others test the waters for you.

I guess no flying until first content patch, then flying except for PVP zone.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I never argued that "everything has to be fun and convenience". My argument is the game must be fun. Now granted, different people find different aspects of the game fun, and this is to be expected in a game with 8 million players. In general if there are aspects of the game that some people don't find fun, it is ideal if they don't have to do that part of the game.

When an integral aspect of the game which is unavoidable becomes tedious and time consuming, that is bad game design.

You are quite a nasty poster, you know that?

No. People who are intolerant of other people's preferences, who are unable to empathise with other people and how they respond to the game, and who wish to enforce their way of playing (or the other person can unsub) are the ones who are ruining the game.

It's an MMO. If you can't get along with others and their requirements it is you who needs to cancel your subscription.

I'm not going to multiquote your post because I think that's just petty instead I'll respond to your whole post.

First of all flying is not a niche or a big aspect of the game, unless all you do is fly for hours on end I can't see how you can claim that flying is an integral part of the game either. Flying, much like FPs is a mode of travel used to get from point A ==> B nothing more and nothing less. Flying on it's own isn't fun, it's a mere convenience. You're mistaking the former for the latter because you enjoy the instant gratifcation you get from flying faster i.e. farming mats.

I'm not a nasty poster, no idea why you chose that adjective either. Nasty, me? Never!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring it on. No flying would be a godsend for the game.

Deleted
    A proper decision. I prefer to explore the world by land, not rush around it on my boring flying mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeroz View Post
    You won't be allowed to fly in Draenor at release, and the devs want to see how players react to this.
    Afrasiabi also mentions that he thinks it is possible that players could love a world with no flying.

How is this the *entire*exp ? they want to test it in 6.0, if enough ppl like it that way then yes it might be but in no way does he say or hint to it being the entire exp.
    you pretty much answered your own question there.

'ship with no flying and see how it plays out' - if it plays out good, flying goes dodo ;p if it don't, it's back in 6.1. therefore hinting at possibly no flying throughout entire expansion (which he actually did in OPs video too but people refused to acknowledge it).

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    Give it a shot before you knock it. If you don't want to do that, wait for 6.1 after others test the waters for you.
    I think millions gave it a shot, then they added flying...Then they added flying to the old world people loved it so much. So you are right, lets just give it a shot, lol.

WoD will feel huge. Especially before the flight paths are even learned.

/yawn
    Let me know when people stop QQing and just hurry up and rage quit over this. It might actually be an improvement in the overall quality in terms of players without the whiny casuals around.
    Never had flying in Vanilla, and I don't have a flying mount in FFXIV either (no such thing in that game).
    All of you that are crying about no flying, please send me your tears so I may drink them.
    Also, my Ashes of Al'ar and Onyxian Mount say "hi" ....and I really don't care if they sit in my bags the first month, 6months, year, whatever of an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckatron View Post
    This is exactly why flying needs to go. Everybody wants to just have everything handed to them. Fly safely over the world never engaging mobs, players, or experiencing any type of challenge. So you think an MMO should be filled with people who can just fly over/avoid everybody and everything? What in the world is the point of creating a world and investing so much time into these zones if the players can eventually just fly over them all together. Flying mounts are trash.
    Challenge? What fucking challenge? I want everything handed to me because I don't like having to stop every 2 minutes to kill some mobs that pose no threat or challenge? That's why flying needs to go? Were you dropped a lot in your youth?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Oh right. Rules. Well sorry, but the rules allow you to fly almost everywhere. What they are doing is experimenting or at least that's what they claim they are doing (could be that they lack content and using this as a means to make things seems grander) and IF people love it they might consider making it a permanent solution, but we all know that's not on the table cause they know how pissed off people will be without flying. Even some of the d-bags here moaning about flying mounts will change their mind, I suspect after that day comes and it bites them in the ass. If people whined so much about the turtle shell in MOP the whining is going to be titanic.

And I'm not trying to make you into anything, you are doing it yourself. I mean you don't say a game you buy, invest your time in and pay to keep playing shouldn't always be fun then there's something seriously wrong with you.
    And what you are doing is asking the devs to make the game "not fun" for me so THEN you can tell me to quit, cause why would I want to play a game that's no longer fun for me? I have fun flying, why should that stop? Because you don't have fun flying? So the question is, to apply your own mentality to it, if flying makes the game so "not fun" for you, then what the hell are you still doing here?

And it's not a threat, it's common sense, I won't waste the little time I have to play a game that does not give me the required satisfaction. And frankly spending way too much time running around from one place to another IS NOT FUN FOR ME. If I feel like exploring I'll do just that, but once is enough for me, then it's just annoying repetition. So I will threaten to do nothing. If worse comes to pass I'll just give you and them the middle finger and play something else. It's gonna break my heart as much as it would break blizzard's or yours cause I actually agree, if it's not fun then it's not worth my time and money.
    BAHAHHAHA Are you serious?

It's funny how people who say they don't have enough time to play WoW are the ones that shout the loudest on the forums it's like you all have time to whine on the forums but not enough time to play the game.

Thanks for the laugh, bud.