Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Yeah because putting auto run on in the air pointed at a way point so I can tab out is so much fun.
    No, but flying to places the flightpath won't take you is immense amounts of fun. Have you tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    It didn't have the "exact fucking opposite" effect. People still run old content. People fly out there now. You just want it to have the "complete opposite fucking effect" because you want to have a chip on your shoulder. That's all.

Yes it did. It didn't remove it completely, thank god, but it hindered it. It was supposed to do the opposite, to incentivise it.

What positive effect did the removal of HGWT have, in your opinion? What positive effect did the removal of city portals have?

It was never needed to remove flying mounts in the first place, even if it is for only a patch. If people want to feel immersed by questing on foot, THEN GO QUEST ON FOOT, don't bother me with ''BUT EVERYONE MUST QUEST ON FOOT BECAUSE I WANT TO QUEST ON FOOT!''

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol that isn't what was hinted at OP, he clearly said at launch, they wouldn't stop it an entire expac,
    Plus, love the amount of hypocrites here, I bet none of the kids on the "yay no flying" bandwagon actually use ground mounts in most areas.
    I love using my Swift Zulian, and only use ground mounts in citys, and very often run around on my ground mount, but I don't think they should stop flying, some people really enjoy it

And I play on a PvP realm too, it's epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    Yes it did. It didn't remove it completely, thank god, but it hindered it. It was supposed to do the opposite, to incentivise it.

What positive effect did the removal of HGWT have, in your opinion? What positive effect did the removal of city portals have?
    I am not claiming to speak on Seezer's behalf... but I'm going to guess that his answer will be "it takes longer to do things", dressed up in fancy words like "immersion".

A while back, I put up a poll proposing a hypothetical trade to people who favor the removal of flight. It consisted of two parts:
    1) Flying mounts are removed forever, from all content, past, present, and future.
    2) Flight paths become instant. Functionality is completely unchanged, aside from time required.

This proposal preserves every potential positive aspect people have brought up regarding the removal of flying: immersion (for people who feel it's more immersive), controlling how players access content, no more "trivializing" mobs by flying past them (I feel they're trivial either way, but still), etc. The only thing that this system would lose would be the time requirement for traveling from one zone to another; not even from one point to another, because you'd still have to travel from the flight path to wherever you actually wanted to go in the zone, just from zone to zone. Despite this, pretty much everyone who favored the removal of flying opposed this trade-off, because the idea of getting from one zone to another instantly was simply too distasteful to them.

*shrug* there are lots of reasons I've seen given by people, but the overwhelming majority of them (Edit: that I've seen) boil down to "I will personally like it more, therefore it's better for the game" or "things will take longer, therefore it's a good idea."

I like that you have to be on foot for a part of the expansion. I also like that people who whine quit the game so I don't have to deal with them. 90% of the people who whine here will continue to play the the game anyway, won't hurt the game.

Like the no flying till a patch idea, bet though that they won't keep it gone forever. The zones they are adding on later patches just seem like you'd need flying to get there, and Spires of Arak should defiantly be a place you have to fly to reach certain areas. Plus there's no way they would go "Congrats on the cool flying mounts you earned in Pandaria! Remember the daily grind to fly on your very own chinese dragon? Well guess what you can't use them for a whole expansion!!"

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    2) Flight paths become instant. Functionality is completely unchanged, aside from time required.
    On the surface, you would think this sounds awesome but after playing games with that sort of feature, you start to miss the immersion of flight, even if you tab out for half of the trip. Rift uses portals that teleport you instantly and I actually prefer WoW's method of transport >.<

Hopefully they will still award flying mounts for Gladiator, Heroic Boss kills and Glory of the Raider Achievements.

So that you literally just afk with those mounts in Org.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    More of a reason to sit in a main city and just get summoned to raids. Can queue for BGs/arenas and presumably that new world PvP thing from main cities, along with LFD and LFR. There's virtually zero reason to ever leave a main city. Not being able to fly would just give more reasons to sit in a city.

I basically never leave the cities anyway aside from Tuesday to do Celestials, and I can just hop on a flight path and go AFK for a few minutes when I want to do that. So I really don't care that much, it's pretty much irrelevant.
    and thats why ur a fucking piece of shit

[infracted]
    Last edited by Tziva; 2014-03-09 at 04:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not takeing out Flying, dont be fucking idiots.

They're going with the Mists/Firelands model

Current content can't fly > New content can't fly, but previous will be enabled. And the old world will obviously always have it. Its nothing fucking new, cry me a river.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well, no flying mounts? Who cares, some people are acting like they are stripping away all of our mounts. I guess it's sad we aren't going to be going 210% faster? 100% will do.

They won't do it. Blizzard doesn't have the balls to piss off casual players anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Valock View Post
    So what if he flys now? He doesn't say hes not, hes not being a hypocrite, hes welcoming a better solution to travelling.

I myself loved it when ground mount was the only transport (except flight paths), but I still fly now, but I won't go full retard if I lose it, I'd welcome it with open hands. At least the world will feel x10 bigger with only ground mounts. And even better, DANGEROUS.
    Something people like you don't/won't ever answer is if you love ground mounts so much, why don't YOU use them all the time? Instead of trying to FORCE OTHER PLAYERS to do what you want? And using gathering for profs as an excuse as to why you fly is a lie. Because if that's the case then the only time you should be flying is when farming mats. otherwise you should (or would think) you would be on your ground mounts all the time. But that's not the case. I don't think people think about things from every aspect. They only think about what they want, what they like. And because of this think they are right and that's that. So because I don't like pvp I guess no one should be allowed to do it right? Or they should have to wait until the first patch to be able to pvp. But I'm sure that's not the same thing right? never is with you people. Its me me me me me mine mine mine mine mine I want I want I want. Pathetic if you ask me.

Edit: Also as many many people have said, Getting on a FP and going afk brings me into the world so much more..... *rolls eyes*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    He talked specifically about how he loves to explore and walks all over in Skyrim. Great, you can ride pretty much everywhere in WoW *NOW* if you like doing that. If he's saying he likes exploring by riding but doesn't do it when he can and instead flies and THEN advocates for removing flying... that's hypocrisy. His better solution (and perhaps yours) is one that you can use now. So use it.

So you're a hypocrite too. You want love ground mounts... but fly. You want the danger that comes with riding... but you fly.

There's a phrase that's relevant here: Put up or shut up.
    if others can fly, he can't be the one to attack and only wait for people to land on top of him for a fight

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    He said "at ship we wont allow players to fly at all" Which just means what they have been saying...no flying possibly until the 2nd patch.
    go back and watch the end of the video he clearly says they are toying with the idea of having no flying at all in warlords regardless of level

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    They're not takeing out Flying, dont be fucking idiots.

They're going with the Mists/Firelands model

Current content can't fly > New content can't fly, but previous will be enabled. And the old world will obviously always have it. Its nothing fucking new, cry me a river.
    If you don't know what you're talking about its best to be mum. In Mists all you had to do was reach level cap. In WOD you have to reach cap and do a long quest and wait 2-4 months for the patch. And firelands is more like timeless isle. It is a zone. One zone not an entire expac for months on end. Again if you don't know what you're talking about best to zip it.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    On the surface, you would think this sounds awesome but after playing games with that sort of feature, you start to miss the immersion of flight, even if you tab out for half of the trip. Rift uses portals that teleport you instantly and I actually prefer WoW's method of transport >.<
    You might. I sure as hell wouldn't. I will never ever miss anything that is such an inefficient waste of time.

Anyway this thread is pointless. OP misunderstood the video and everything is still according to plan. No flying until first major patch. No big deal.

should mean it'll really inflate prices, people will be scared to leave town therefore less greens/herbs/ores etc just less of everything, easier to play the AH and make gold.

Their reasoning is fine. There's no reason they couldn't just say "fuck y'all" and shoehorn it anyway if it's universally hated, but if they can make most people not even miss flying, then I'm all for it, because I'm 100% behind the impact it'd have on gameplay.

I honestly couldn't give a damn, if they removed flying from the game entirely. That being said, just have them flag all the flying mounts so they can be used on the ground.