Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Please feel free to explore how you want, on a ground mount. Don't dictate to me how to play the game. I can choose for myself thank you.
    B-b-but muh immersion!
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar58 View Post
    This night after i had some fun with my friends i decided to go out on my own and roam aimlessly in the city trying to ask for 10 cents for transportation home. After i met a couple of persons 15 min later 2 guys decided to pick a fight with me for....lack of respect, lolol i just asked for 10 cents
    After the "fun fight" i just decided to keep going like nothing happened while i shouted names at the guys.
    Along the way i met a couple of people i met on the same night and they discussed how stupid those guys were and how strange my adventure was. (but at the same time refused to help me anyway)

At the end of the night...no money...messed up, tired of walking all night aimlessly and exploring, no phone.... i found the very first kind heart i met all day...a Brazilian street food vendor on the midle of the road.
    He asked: "Are you ok son?"
    After i told him my story he gave me food and money to be able to go home.

Tomorrow i will go meet him on the church on my town to repay him his kind act, the only soul from the thousands of people i asked for help.
    Every single one of them rich and full of money on their pockets, they refused to help me.......only the poor Brazilian food vendor decided to help me.

World exploration, Meeting people. Exploring worlds....No flying mounts is worth it. Even though im all messed up...was one of the best adventures of my life.
    A dynamyc world. I dont care care if Blizzard mess up on this one. It's still worth a shot to try and meet people on the world (...of warcraft, not on the streets kids...its a dangerous world out there xD)
    Would you be here relating this "story" of how exciting trudging around on foot would be if you had been charged by random pedestrians every 50 to 100 feet, knocked to the ground and forced to spend 20 to 30 seconds arguing with them before being allowed to continue on?

With out without flying it is shaping up to be a great expansion.

I don't really understand what you all think you'll be missing out on. In MoP I flew for 5.0 and 5.1 dailies. By 5.2 the dailies were no-fly, leaving flying for node gathering, pet battles, and quest cleanup. For node gathering the market will adjust to the decrease in supply. Everything else will simply take longer, which should be OK because the main gripe blizzard gets is people running out of things to do. Taking roads and paths will be the sure way to travel without being aggrod and dazed. Everyone will be playing with the same set of parameters and the result will be more engaged gameplay via navigating a ground mount rather than point 'n shoot auto fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    As far as those saying Blizz hasn't changed their position. To me it seems like they have.

It went from "We don't Know" when asked if flying will ever be in WoD.

To "We think 6.1 is a good place"

Blizz saw the writing on the wall, maybe they are not as dumb as I thought.
    But they did originally say 6.1 would be the target, or POSSIBLY even later.

I'm personally fine with 6.1, I always was. I don't hate flying mounts, I just dislike them in the current relevant content.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    But they did originally say 6.1 would be the target, or POSSIBLY even later.

I'm personally fine with 6.1, I always was. I don't hate flying mounts, I just dislike them in the current relevant content.
    You don't dislike flying mounts, but only in current relevant content...you mean Timeless Isle where you can't? Or MoP in general, where it was designed with ground mount leveling and flying quests at 90?

I mean, the 7-8 years was of content with flying somewhat in mind, Cata being 100% about flying.

because my discussion was closed on the matter I'm going to say this. I'd really like to know what area you can go to and not have to worry about mobs attacking you while on a ground mount if the mobs are the same or close to the same level as you? Being attacked by creatures and people makes the game more fun flying in and out of combat and lacking frustration is boring.. If you win every game then it's not a game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithix View Post
    because my discussion was closed on the matter I'm going to say this. I'd really like to know what area you can go to and not have to worry about mobs attacking you while on a ground mount if the mobs are the same or close to the same level as you? Being attacked by creatures and people makes the game more fun flying in and out of combat and lacking frustration is boring.. If you win every game then it's not a game anymore.
    Um, you can take AFK breaks in every zone in the game. There are places that you can sit and have no mobs attack you at all.

The rest of your post is subjective. It's fine that you like to be constantly in combat, but not everyone will agree with you on that point. Because others like other things.

The horde starting area in WoD is pretty desolate. I mean, you can see mobs around you, but you can run in a straight line to each point and not really worry about anything. But, there is a good reason for this. Blizzard, in their infinite "wisdom", decided to separate the horde and alliance for about half(maybe more) of the expansion. I think it's a dumb decision on their part, but it means that there will be less mobs to fill areas where only one faction can quest in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Um, you can take AFK breaks in every zone in the game. There are places that you can sit and have no mobs attack you at all.

The rest of your post is subjective. It's fine that you like to be constantly in combat, but not everyone will agree with you on that point. Because others like other things.

The horde starting area in WoD is pretty desolate. I mean, you can see mobs around you, but you can run in a straight line to each point and not really worry about anything. But, there is a good reason for this. Blizzard, in their infinite "wisdom", decided to separate the horde and alliance for about half(maybe more) of the expansion. I think it's a dumb decision on their part, but it means that there will be less mobs to fill areas where only one faction can quest in.
    What does AFKing have anything to do with the discussion? When you are actually playing, the ability to hop in and out of an area without any repercussion makes the game boring.
    However, I wasn't aware that they were separating the factions.. Can you link the information on this?

10+ Year Old Account
    What does AFKing have anything to do with the discussion? When you are actually playing, the ability to hop in and out of an area without any repercussion makes the game boring.
    However, I wasn't aware that they were separating the factions.. Can you link the information on this?
    Then use a ground mount instead a flying mount and stop worrying about how other people play the game.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

You said... "I'd really like to know what area you can go to and not have to worry about mobs attacking you while on a ground mount if the mobs are the same or close to the same level as you?", and I replied with "you can take AFK breaks in every zone in the game." Which states that the entire game has areas in each zone (not including quest hubs) that mobs don't attack you.

The horde start in one area and the alliance start in another. They will eventually meet later down the line, but I cannot say for certain where that will be. Looks like somewhere around 94+. Which is just my best guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Zenway View Post
    Then use a ground mount instead a flying mount and stop worrying about how other people play the game.
    But he has to compete for those sweet ass rewards like ore and herbs! /sarcasm

He's probably just a rabid PvPer that has a biased and ignorant view on flight to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Same advice for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Please feel free to explore how you want, on a ground mount. Don't dictate to me how to play the game. I can choose for myself thank you.
    It's amazing how people completely ignore how having the option to fly ruins ground mounts. YOU ARE FORCING YOUR PLAYSTYLE ON OTHERS BY HAVING THEM.

But please just keep playing dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    It's amazing how people completely ignore how having the option to fly ruins ground mounts.
    I see it as the exact other way. How people completely ignore how flying mounts do ruin ground mounts. But that is why both are just opinions. They should just carry that much weight and so far.. that is all they have.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I only like ground mounts so Blizzard will you please take away flying mounts from everybody. For some reason i'm too retarded to just use ground mounts and enjoy it, Blizzard needs to take away the fun from other people before I can have my fun."

I do enjoy the reality check they got when blizz killed the sick fantasy the anti-flying mount people had, about their total removal. I honestly don't mind a patch. I'm probably gonna get the game much later after it's launch but it's funny to see so many pipedreams shattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    I do enjoy the reality check they got when blizz killed the sick fantasy the anti-flying mount people had, about their total removal. I honestly don't mind a patch. I'm probably gonna get the game much later after it's launch but it's funny to see so many pipedreams shattered.
    You do know that what he said a couple days ago was the exact same thing he's said from the beginning. Like, almost exactly. You do know that right? It doesn't seem like you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    You do know that what he said a couple days ago was the exact same thing he's said from the beginning. Like, almost exactly. You do know that right? It doesn't seem like you know.
    Hmmm thought i had you on ignore <shrug>

Actually what was said at Blizzcon is flying would return in 6.1

Then some months later Bashiok was asked after A.A. comments if flying would ever happen in WoD. The answer was "We Don't Know"

Now the answer is what was posted ... something along the lines of "We think 6.1 will be a good time to allow flight"

But hey don't let facts stand in the way.

You already ignored his post where he said that the removal of flight was just to slow down how fast we consumed content...

So just continue to believe what you want to believe... facts don't matter, what people say that are in beta don't matter.... the only thing that matters is what you believe and what you choose to hear from Blizzard...

This is the exact reason why, so many have already ignored you. Personally I am going to give you another shot... if you have something intelligent to say .. you will stay off ignore... if not .. well stuff happens.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-07-13 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    With out without flying it is shaping up to be a great expansion.
    Interpretation please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I see it as the exact other way. How people completely ignore how flying mounts do ruin ground mounts. But that is why both are just opinions. They should just carry that much weight and so far.. that is all they have.
    Enjoying ground mounts usage is not tied to taking flying away from someone else. If you enjoy ground mounts, go ahead, no one is stopping you.

Interpretation please.
    Yah I honestly don't see anything exceptional out of the expansion, new zones, 10 more levels (much better then 5 IMO), Garrisons (wildstar does it better), and minions (like SWTOR). Although I must admit I am a fan of having minions.

Over all though just seems very lack luster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    That what? They'll go a parch without flying. Yeah, they said that. I guess that whole "no flying for ever" bullshit was something cooked up in empty heads then? It does not matter. I think even a patch is gonna generate more complaining that anything else ever before, but like I said, I won't be around for that. When all turns to normal and the deluded people are silenced, going back to bitching on trade chat about how things used to be and all will be like before.