Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozar927 View Post
    you pay 30$ for a footlong sub. Sweet mother of Jesus where do you live?!?
    Meant that for the $15. I am just saying they aren't thinking rationally and realizing what $15-25 extra bucks means in terms of entertainment. You have to look at the costs to realize how much you're getting out of it.

Even though I forgot everything about economics back in uni first year, there were just some things that made so much sense to me when I was reading it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thehentaiseeker View Post
    SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE F**K ARE WE SUPOSSE TO DO TILL 12/20/2014 OH MY GOD!! AT LEAST OPEN A NEW SoO WING!
    Quit wow and resub when it comes out.

ALso change your name.

10+ Year Old Account
    you pay 30$ for a footlong sub. Sweet mother of Jesus where do you live?!?

- - - Updated - - -

See opinions

Five

Five

Five dollar foot longs

10+ Year Old Account
    Was my opinion that Skyrim has been played more then wow? I wasnt aware it was.

Also Im sure thats true but to play devils advocate for a min where are you getting that info? I hear alot of ppl saying that SWTOR failed when its the second best selling and 2nd most played MMO of all times as well as being in the top 10 most sold video games ever. Im just curious why ppls definitions are so warped.

- - - Updated - - -

Again not what I said at all. lrn 2 reading comprehension
    Being pretentious will not award you any points here.

The game has been topping the lists of most played games for ages on places like Xfire and have been out on the market for 10 years now with millions of people who have logged in to play the game since its launch. Have you been living under a rock for the past 10 years when WoW became the behemoth of MMOs?

You were the one replying to me with "opinions" after I told someone else about my own experiences about Skyrim. All things considered, that was dismissing my points completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    I just don't get how you guys are overrating this. First, the release date is a worry, because the mistake has been repeated twice now. This is a legit complaint. No one has any right to call out your insults because its the second time its repeated. Now, for the free expansion, I don't know what to say except that in this case, its $10 instead of $50? You save $50? Who knows.

You don't know what sheep is. Quiet scum. Learn a little bit about economics and how $15 is worth so little, (its literally half the price of a fucking footlong sub, holy shit), and the $10 is nothing (1/6 the price of a full triple A game). You know people actually buy CoD, AC, BF, and all the yearly repeats every year and those games are riddled with unfair prices and filled with microtransactions. Final Fantasy XIII-2 was filled with it, had a horrible ending, and it had dlc for extra story with a true ending. I don't know what is even more bullshit than that. Be glad Blizzard hasn't crossed that line yet. I am sure they won't.

The market has changed and we're moving into the age of microtransactions, and the great thing about wow's microtransactions is its mostly cosmetic. The free 90 in the other hand is basically just saving yourself from old content, which some hate and some don't.

And no, I don't agree with everything with Blizzard has done. You just aren't thinking rationally and making an informed decision on how this all works.

All I hear is BBBBAAAAAHHHHHAAAAA bbbbaahhhhhhaaaaa...

Just because Blizz hasn't gone down that path yet doesn't mean they won't! And 60 for a game, then a year later another 60 and then another year later 60 more dollars still is less than 60(Vanilla) + 180 a year sub fee + expansion cost of 40 dollars. You are comparing apples to oranges there, but then again I'm sure you are a smart fella and already new that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasnt aware playing devils advocate was pretentious. I know WoW is nuber one (Hell I played wow since Vanilla beta). I was more curious where you got you skyrim numbers from
    I didn't talk about any particular numbers for Skyrim. However, that does not change that Skyrim, which is a singleplayer game mind you, can't possibly compete with an MMO that has been out for 10 years in terms of playtime alone. There are so many more games out there that have been and will be played more than Skyrim. As for the quality of Skyrim, that is another matter entirely, but MMOs are basically built to last longer than other genres of games. It's that simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post

Just because Blizz hasn't gone down that path yet doesn't mean they won't! And 60 for a game, then a year later another 60 and then another year later 60 more dollars still is less than 60(Vanilla) + 180 a year sub fee + expansion cost of 40 dollars. You are comparing apples to oranges there, but then again I'm sure you are a smart fella and already new that.
    Unless you have proof of that happening in the future, you have nothing to base this statement on. What's more important here is what is happening now and not 1 or 5 years down the line. No one is that good at predicting the future.

- - - Updated - - -

I also would be skeptical that wow is still the most played game in the world atm. I have a strong feeling that is no longer true. Most played MMO atm... yes
    That's why I said "one of the most played" and not "the most played". That would clearly be stretching things.

Blizzard Employee 1: Our membership is declining. How do we fix that?
    Blizzard Employee 2: Let's raise the price of the next expansion by 10 dollars.
    Blizzard Employee 3: Oh my word. That's brilliant!
    Blizzard Employee 4 Why didn't someone think of that sooner?
    Blizzard Employee 5: Oohhh boy. Someone here predicts a boost in membership.
    Blizzard Employee 1: What kind of boost?
    Blizzard Employee 3: Can someone say promotion?
    Blizzard Employee 4 I should have thought of that sooner!
    Blizzard Employee 5: By my calculations I suspect a minimum 32.3333%, repeating of course, increase in membership.
    Blizzard Employee 2: Well, I did graduate a marketing major. Look at me a now. A game developer.
    Blizzard Employee 1: Excellent idea. I'll float it by the numbers guys and see what they think...

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Unless you have proof of that happening in the future, you have nothing to base this statement on. What's more important here is what is happening now and not 1 or 5 years down the line. No one is that good at predicting the future.

- - - Updated - - -

That's why I said "one of the most played" and not "the most played". That would clearly be stretching things.
    While I agree I don't think it will happen, you can not predict that it won't anymore than I can that it will... hell who would of seen the pay to have a lvl 90 toon just a few years ago. Who knows what will happen... all good things must come to an end. How many D2 fan's could of expected the clusterfuck that was/is D3... at least Blizz listened and is fixing those mistakes and getting rid of RMAH, and terrible loot system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Skyrim barely lasted a couple of hours for me and not everyone who bought the game has put 100s of hours into it. WoW on the other hand is one of the most played games in history, so Skyrim pales in terms of playtime, all things considered.
    I bought Skyrim in January 2012 and honestly stopped playing after ten minutes, it was literally the very start when the dragon was attacking the fort since the loose camera movement made me feel sick. According to my saves I didn't play it again until August 2013 and then only for 6 hours. I returned in January just gone that I gave it a proper go over the course of a weekend and I actually enjoyed it, once again I haven't been back since and nothing makes me feel I want to play. According to the most recent save I've played 29h51m14s which surprises me, I can see why people enjoy the game even if I've lack any proper attachment to it.

The one thing I don't like about those Bethesda games is the walking around with not much going on around me, whenever you meet anyone you then feel you have to go through every bit of the available dialogue to be sure you don't miss anything crucial. For some that's the attraction but for me it does become tedious quite quickly, that's just my opinion though and others have theirs. I've been gaming since the early 80's when I had a 48K Spectrum so as you can imagine experienced all kinds of games over the years, my gaming interests have changed over those years so the real draw of the Elder Scrolls franchise may simply have passed me by.

What's with the ridiculous price? Might just wait and buy it when it's 50% off like I did in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I agree I don't think it will happen, you can not predict that it won't anymore than I can that it will... hell who would of seen the pay to have a lvl 90 toon just a few years ago. Who knows what will happen... all good things must come to an end. How many D2 fan's could of expected the clusterfuck that was/is D3... at least Blizz listened and is fixing those mistakes and getting rid of RMAH, and terrible loot system.
    Well, I may be an outlier in this case, but the lvl 90 boost didn't surprise me in the slightest. All things considered, it makes sense that Blizzard are offering this now when the game is this old and people just want to get to max level content quickly. Lvling just doesn't make as much sense anymore as it did back in Vanilla, for example (if this boost had existed in Vanilla it would have basically have been "pay to win" when it took months to lvl to 60).

Let's what happens. You can't however prove a negative, but it's reasonable to be sceptic about claims, even if they would happen one day. History has a way to be able to collect patterns that could continue on into the future, so if you happen to find any interesting patterns it could be worth discussing.

I don't know about everyone else, but i'm a bit tired of getting screwed over just because i want a physical collector's edition. I don't care about the 90 boost, but those with the DDE get the pet and mount, and those of us who are paying MORE have to wait till release.....seems like bs to me.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyesma81 View Post
    I don't know about everyone else, but i'm a bit tired of getting screwed over just because i want a physical collector's edition. I don't care about the 90 boost, but those with the DDE get the pet and mount, and those of us who are paying MORE have to wait till release.....seems like bs to me.
    "Warlords of Draenor will also be available as a retail-exclusive Collector’s Edition (in limited quantities), which comes with the in-game extras from the Digital Deluxe Edition along with an array of awesome artifacts from the physical realm, including a hardcover art book, behind-the-scenes Blu-ray/DVD set, Warlords of Draenor mouse pad, and CD soundtrack featuring epic music from the expansion. Check with your local retailer for pre-ordering details. We’ll have more specifics to share on the Collector’s Edition closer to the game’s launch."

Seems like you ARE gtting the DDE mount and pet also, plus a bunch of others. If you don't want to wait, buy the DDE. If not, turn on your "...The Patient" Title and Calm down.

Does anyone here actually like WoW? Or do they hate it so much that they'd rather spend their days here proclaiming it's downfall; taking every crumb that Blizzard throws them and speculating about how it might encompass WoW'S ultimate ruin.

On a more positive note. I just picked up a copy of the DD edition. I really like the mount and pet, although I haven't quite decided how to spend the free 90 boost yet. So many choices...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvaeth View Post
    "Warlords of Draenor will also be available as a retail-exclusive Collector’s Edition (in limited quantities), which comes with the in-game extras from the Digital Deluxe Edition along with an array of awesome artifacts from the physical realm, including a hardcover art book, behind-the-scenes Blu-ray/DVD set, Warlords of Draenor mouse pad, and CD soundtrack featuring epic music from the expansion. Check with your local retailer for pre-ordering details. We’ll have more specifics to share on the Collector’s Edition closer to the game’s launch."

Seems like you ARE gtting the DDE mount and pet also, plus a bunch of others. If you don't want to wait, buy the DDE. If not, turn on your "...The Patient" Title and Calm down.
    Don't be stupid and learn to read, i clearly realize we get it, but it seems you're missing the point. By spending what is likely $20 more, we should get it PLUS the physical stuff...not gain a perk while losing others. That's not how it should work. Look at it from a business perspective, do you really wanna lose out on all those twenty dollar bills from people who would have bought the physical collector's edition but aren't willing to wait to get the perks? If it isn't obvious by now, the gaming community is not a patient bunch.
    Last edited by snakeeyesma81; 2014-03-11 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyesma81 View Post
    Don't be stupid and learn to read, i clearly realize we get it, but it seems you're missing the point. By spending what is likely $20 more, we should get it PLUS the physical stuff...not gain a perk while losing others. That's not how it should work. Look at it from a business perspective, do you really wanna lose out on all those twenty dollar bills from people who would have bought the physical collector's edition but aren't willing to wait to get the perks? If it isn't obvious by now, the gaming community is not a patient bunch.
    Oh god... do i really have to do this again...

You DO get the DDE content PLUS the physical stuff...
    Why are you complaining?
    Last edited by Sarvaeth; 2014-03-11 at 04:41 AM.

I said so many times it wouldn't be out till end of the year, delusional people on the wow forums really thought it would be out in june even though it hasn't even entered beta testing yet which would at least go for 2-3 months. Blizzard will never ever rush a product, they will bleed subs for sure but they are betting on everyone coming back for WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree 10$ is chump change. Some people feel that they have put up with enough tho. Cash shop sub fee and now expansion price increase. I hear alot of ppl talking about entertainment value v costs but if your really unbiased about it WoW is at about the lvl of a AAA game in the ratio of cost to hours played. We are getting bent over at every turn and some ppl are just fed up. By all means keep playing if you still enjoy it nothing wrong with that but dont hate on ppl who make a diff choice out of a matter of principle
    Dude, trust me. There are games, triple A games that are just so much of a cash cow. So much more blatantly obvious where they try to cheap their customer with extremely important dlc and/or dlc that just makes the player angry. However, keep in mind the amount of hours you put into wow and other games and consider how much value do they have for you.

Also about the complaints, honestly, I have been on these forums for a long time. I have watched the many amount of complaints for Wrath, despite how on this silly forum, many chose to love wrath. I have seen the love of cata heroic 5 mans at first by some specific posters, but then some of those guys would later retract their statement, saying how bad it is, and how unjustifiable it truly is to make such a long 5 man heroic. If there is one thing I have learned, too many people here focus on the negativity. I also know why. It is just easier, but if you make an effort to focus on the positives of any game, you end up having a much more solid experience, in moderation of course.

Can I just ask something? Who on earth actually subs for the entire year, if they don't find that value to be worth it. Sometimes in a whole year, we don't even get an expansion and all we have to pay for is $180? That's far less than the other mainstream triple A games of the consoles. And I can get the entire game for $30, with a month included. One could easily spend up to 50 hours in a month for a game like this, then pay $15 for the next month, and spend another 50 hours.

Also, I ain't trying to discuss just the value. $60 is a lot but nothing compared to one who actively spends money on video games. It's when they happen to have microtransactions that are just so unjustifiable (mass effect 3 dlc new race storyline anyone?, or ff 13-2 ending dlc) is when people should get angry.

Why are you complaining?

Reading comprehension is hard. I clearly state in my FIRST post that we get it, the issue is with some getting it immediately while others pay more and have to wait. As i said in my second post, any set of 'upgrades', each tier should have the previous tier PLUS, not getting something and losing something else. And YES, i consider getting perks six months early as being a part of it.

Why are you complaining?
    I think the point is that you get that stuff, but you don't get it now. The DDE gives you the boost and the items now, the CE means you have to wait until release to get your items/boost. but again I say I think that's the point, who knows. I am someone who always has bought the CE, but I want my items/boost now so DDE for $20 less it is for me this round. I just can't argue with a boost now vs release night.

If everything I've said here today is wrong, please forgive me?