10+ Year Old Account

Question Pro 90 Boost - Benefits of Boosting

After all the boost bashing, I felt it was important for people who have boosted to have a place to express what they like about boosting. For me, the perks and the pleasure of not having to enter a low level zone again. I've boosted a Lock and a Priest so far, and have plans to boost a mage tonight. I've never had the urge to level a clothie since I primarily play a tank. Now, I've geared and experienced 2/3 classes and love what I see.

For me, I loved all the riding training, the starter gear, getting dropped on the Timeless Isle, and the 4 bags. In just a few minutes of looking at Noxxic and setting up my bars, I had my rotation down and was beating down beasts on Timeless Isle. Had no idea how OP warlocks were.

* Item level 483 gear. You can quickly upgrade to the epic item level 496 gear from Timeless Isle chests.
    * 150 gold
    * 4 Embersilk (22-slot) bags
    * A stack of 20 food items
    * If a boosted character was already level 60 or above, their existing Primary Professions and First Aid are bumped up to level 600,
    * A faction-specific flying mount - a traditional Wind Rider for Horde or Gryphon for Alliance
    * Artisan flying - Northrend, Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms, and Pandaria regional flying skills trained
    Of all the boost perks, which benefits did you find most useful?

Profession levels..everything else is pretty useless to someone not new to the game.

* 150 gold
    * A faction-specific flying mount - a traditional Wind Rider for Horde or Gryphon for Alliance
    * Artisan flying - Northrend, Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms, and Pandaria regional flying skills trained

Is all pretty much worth like idk maybe couple thousand.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Profession levels..everything else is pretty useless to someone not new to the game.

* 150 gold

Depending on the profs you took, that price tag could reach 60k

Benefit is not having to level.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Benefit is not having to level.
    Amen to that. And, no more dealing with low level dungeons.

I think this thread will mainly entice trolling as it seems like the negative opinion pushing abounds in this forum lately.

Personally, for me, the benefit is no time lost. I have a busy life with work, family, and anything and everything else so trying to level another class just isn't in the cards for me when I don't enjoy the leveling aspect. I pretty much leveled solo in the past or when in dungeons never talking to people. At 90, the whole new raiding world has opened up to me and I love it. I love getting a flex group going and talking to the players and enjoying the raiding aspect. I have a 90 tank and a 90 healer and I wanted a 90 dps to experience all aspects of raiding. Now I can.

TLDR: I don't like leveling. I DO like raiding. I don't have time for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Depending on the profs you took, that price tag could reach 60k
    That's why I said Profession levels, everything else is useless.

Also I think 60k is a little out there...
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    im looking most forward to the profession boost. only reason not getting now is I prefer physical CE copy instead of digital DLs.
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

I enjoyed boosting my rogue. He'd been sitting at 60 for a while.

Also nice to be able to pick two enjoyable but harder to level professions (Engineering & Enchanting) and have them without having to grind them out again.

I'm glad I had all my character & profession leveling achievements done (Quintet/Double Agent) without RAF or boosts, just for personal satisfaction.

But after doing it 6 times, leveling through the same zones again really held no particular interest.

553/522 crafted bear and dual Reborn Weapons later, I'm enjoying the stealthy, sneaky approach to play. Shouldn't take long to get the new one geared up and into Flex/Normals as well.

The bags/flying aren't a big deal, but it was nice to get some extra bank bags, even though I already had full Royal Satchels in the main slots.

That leaves Cloth DPS as the only playstyle I don't have, with Paladin, Warrior, Shaman, Druid & Hunter all maxed and raiding.

* 150 gold

Artisan flying alone is worth 5k. More than double your "estimate."

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I said Profession levels, everything else is useless.

Also I think 60k is a little out there...
    If you farm NOTHING, and you happen to be on a shit server with overpriced materials, that number could actually DOUBLE