Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry Getting Scamed..

I recently won a prize on a live stream,so that person asks for my name adress and I send it to that person,and another thing is that this is before twitch sends out the rules of not sending prizes outside of the US,so now this person tells me off by mail and says that he wont send the prize,should I report this person to Twitch or give out his name + proof I won? Really lost at this point I am getting scammed hard right now and yes this person is well known...

Deleted
    You aren't getting scammed, don't even try to portray that you put any effort into "winning" this prize.

Deleted
    Unless winning this prize involved you giving this person money (in which case you deserve to be scammed), then you aren't being scammed.

Its a douche move, but entirely legal.

Deleted
    If the rules say you can't win the prize if you're from outside the USA, then you ain't getting scammed.

Deleted
    You are not being scammed, you want something for nothing and are now miffed off, he is a dick for doing it but it is not a scam unless he took something from you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many contests are within a particular country only, due to the legalities involved in giving away prizes across borders. You're not being scammed. You just failed to read the contest terms.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe some of your country rules. Cant get prizes of the internet law.

Deleted
    Maybe you could have been polite about it and offered to pay for the shipping, chances are he did not want to pay international mailing fees.

15+ Year Old Account
    Did the person even have any specific rules? Or is his reaction just an after thought when seeing where you lived?

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't there a mailing service in the US that you can send mail to, then they forward it to you? Such as, you order items to them, then they send it to you. That way you can order stuff from the US even though they don't send stuff abroad.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not illegal but i can't imagine Twitch being too happy about people doing that while using their service for streaming unless he specifically stated that he wont ship outside the US but you are certainly not getting scammed.

Deleted
    Oh the sponsor is going to be mad for this. I'd make a complaint if I were you. While you didn't pay anything beforehand, you wasted time. And time, costs money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    While you didn't pay anything beforehand, you wasted time. And time, costs money.
    I didn't realize this applied to people watching video game streams on the internet.

OP: Contest rules are almost always posted somewhere. They may not have been sent to you until after you won a contest, but you could have looked them up, read them and understood that you were not eligible for a prize. The streamer, in this case, is not responsible at all -- you are.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Shoot a QQ to twitch if you feel cheated. It will either be ignored or acted on. *shrug*
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I'm pretty sure twitch implemented rules recently saying you cannot do giveaways for outside of the US so in that case it isn't the streamer's fault.

15+ Year Old Account
    Many twitch streamers run raffles among subscribed viewers (Which costs money). If Twitch states you cannot win outside the US, and you are not in the US, why did you subscribe? If this happened AFTER you subscribed, subscribing to a channel does not pay for contest entry, it pays for ad-free viewing. Many twitch streamers offer prizes to get people to subscribe so they can get more subscribers. In other words, you didn't buy into the contest, you paid for ad free viewing.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Oh the sponsor is going to be mad for this. I'd make a complaint if I were you. While you didn't pay anything beforehand, you wasted time. And time, costs money.
    Does this also apply when watching youtube? Can I claim back costs when a raiding channel gives bad advice that causes a wipe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Douche move, laws suck, move on. It's up to the streamer to research rules beforehand and clearly state that certain countries can't participate.

Deleted
    I think you should look up the word scam.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Douche move, laws suck, move on. It's up to the streamer to research rules beforehand and clearly state that certain countries can't participate.
    Sounds more like the streamer had no idea OP wasn't from the US and that the OP entered the contest without knowing the rules.