Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    also i felt korg kinda stole the show
    My favorite character of the movie - for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    So I got kind of an annoying question about Ragnarok that I haven't been able to answer by googling around. As Hella is walking through Odin's vault, she makes some one-liners about the objects in there. The object before the Tesseract looks like a larger blue cube, I think she says something about it being shitty, what is this? I was able to find an item called the Cosmic Cube on the Wiki page, but according to that page in terms of the movies universe the Cosmic Cubs and the Tesseract are on the in the same, yet clearly in this scene there are the 2 separate objects, the Tesseract being the smaller second cube.
    This?

Cask of Ancient Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    also i felt korg kinda stole the show
    I still can't believe Taika snuck that "the hammer pulled you off?" joke in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Thor was never about comedy.
    Unfortunately the Disney-fication of the comic books that make it all fuzzy and kid-friendly so Disney can market the merchandise just make it all pretty fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I still can't believe Taika snuck that "the hammer pulled you off?" joke in there.
    thats legit one of the best lines in the movie
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Thor was never about comedy.
    Unfortunately the Disney-fication of the comic books that make it all fuzzy and kid-friendly so Disney can market the merchandise just make it all pretty fucked up.
    I am currently reading the original Thor comics from the Silver Age.

Originally, Thor was a pretty straightforward expy of Superman (the early issues read a lot like Golden Age Superman, cleaned up a bit for the 1960s audience) and he was a pure escapist fantasy for young boys. In this era, lame doctor Donald Blake would tap his cane and transform into the Mighty Thor! And go fight aliens or lava men or something with his magic hammer that had whatever powers Stan Lee thought would be fun that day.

The tone is actually probably closer to Thor 3 than 1 or 2, to be totally honest...

I am currently reading the original Thor comics from the Silver Age.

Originally, Thor was a pretty straightforward expy of Superman (the early issues read a lot like Golden Age Superman, cleaned up a bit for the 1960s audience) and he was a pure escapist fantasy for young boys. In this era, lame doctor Donald Blake would tap his cane and transform into the Mighty Thor! And go fight aliens or lava men or something with his magic hammer that had whatever powers Stan Lee thought would be fun that day.

The tone is actually probably closer to Thor 3 than 1 or 2, to be totally honest...
    The tone was 60's comics style, meaning that the writing tended to be either bad, cheesy, or ham fisted, but even silver age Thor wasn't filled with lots of jokes and humor(at least, not deliberate humor).

And go fight aliens or lava men or something with his magic hammer that had whatever powers Stan Lee thought would be fun that day.
    Funniest thing was an interview/ show somewhere along the line, where Stan Lee was talking about how Marvel was more realistic than DC. See, because Superman just flies, but Thor, he throws his magic hammer and holds on to it, that's much more realistic.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    The tone was 60's comics style, meaning that the writing tended to be either bad, cheesy, or ham fisted, but even silver age Thor wasn't filled with lots of jokes and humor(at least, not deliberate humor).
    Actually pretty much all 60s Marvel comics had a fairly light tone, Stan Lee made jokey editorial comments all the time. Thor was... relatively serious?

You had to live in an era to really understand it.

Most in the comic book industry, such as it was then, never thought Spider-Man would have made the grade.
    Thor was a shot in the dark...

So just finished watching the Inhumans TV Show this past weekend (was waiting for all 8 to air). Not sure how other's felt, but to me it just felt extremely slow. I didn't mind them exploring different aspects of each, but it just felt like they were dragging it along for the sake of filling air time. The ending seemed a bit lackluster, granted Maximus didn't have any powers (at the time) so it wouldn't have been much, but just still felt not as good as it could've been? Then once they were giving the speech on Earth it felt like they just cut it off for no reason whereas they could've explored that area more in the episode rather than all the shaking of the base.

Read somewhere that the writer (or director?) for Iron Fist did this series and it definitely felt like it because both lacked a lot in several areas. Hopefully if it gets picked up for a second season it has different people in charge.

In the end it was ok, but nothing stand-outish.

Hmf...the Inhumans.
    After seeing the one scene where Crystal stuck it to Maximus, and everyone in the courtroom was all so...meh...I mean not one person seemed to be in shock that one of the royal family told him to go to hell, figuratively speaking, I just said the hell with this piece of poo.
    The director needs to just go away.

You had to live in an era to really understand it.

Most in the comic book industry, such as it was then, never thought Spider-Man would have made the grade.
    Thor was a shot in the dark...
    No I agree, in fact I'm trying to understand what it was like to read these comics in the period they were made in while I'm reading them. It was definitely a different time.

Although not as different as the Golden Age... I wish DC had some equivalent of Marvel Unlimited because I got a hold of some reprints of original Superman and Batman and they are crazy.

Hmf...the Inhumans.
    After seeing the one scene where Crystal stuck it to Maximus, and everyone in the courtroom was all so...meh...I mean not one person seemed to be in shock that one of the royal family told him to go to hell, figuratively speaking, I just said the hell with this piece of poo.
    The director needs to just go away.
    Yeah, the same thing happened in Iron Fist so I wasn't surprised when I saw it. I watched it to the end to see how it ends. Wish it was done a bit better and hoping (if it happens) that Season 2 gets done better. I haven't read up on Inhumans or anything so didn't have any ideas going in other than the basics of Black Bolt's voice, Medusa's whippity whappity hair and Lockjaw.

Also, was it me or did Mordis sound like Ultron? I know it probably wasn't the same VA, but the voice sounded an awful lot like it to me.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-11-15 at 06:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gods damn... Thor 701 and Strange 381 were both EXCELLENT. Really can't wait to see what Aaron has in store for us this arc.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yaaassssssssssssssssss!!!!

"After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover. "

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good to see that Fox is aware Deadpool doesn't need much oversight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

15+ Year Old Account
    The fuck did i just watch? Also 10/10
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog