Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Riiiight. You realize that the MCU is the most successful thing in movies right now... right?
    Star Wars is laughing...and it's still crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Star Wars is laughing...and it's still crap.
    Star wars has a huge price tag attached to it. TLJ did 1.3B worldwide and that is not enough for them to break even when you account for just interest on the amount they paid for the rights.

What is Star Wars laughing about? Your opinions are your own. Don’t be disappointed when no reboot happens.
    How can I be disappointed when I don't bother much with watching this shit unfold anyway?
    mcu has been a fucking joke to me ever since they fucked over Thor, the alien that shoots lasers from his eyes lightning bolts...or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Star wars has a huge price tag attached to it. TLJ did 1.3B worldwide and that is not enough for them to break even when you account for just interest on the amount they paid for the rights.
    you do know that disney made back a profit year one before they even made a single movie from toy sales alone right?

mcu is big but star wars definitely makes more money
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you do know that disney made back a profit year one before they even made a single movie from toy sales alone right?

mcu is big but star wars definitely makes more money
    You really think they made back 4B in the first year? Thats laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    You really think they made back 4B in the first year? Thats laughable.
    i dont think you realize just how much branded merchandise there is of star wars and disney makes a profit off of all of them.

hell, they have fucking bb-8 branded bananas at walmart.

- - - Updated - - -

the 4 billion they paid for star wars was actually incredibly low for how much value the brand had. they paid more than double that just for pixar
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Well I'm sorry to tell you but most people would disagree with your opinion on this. I don't think there is a single MCU movie that failed.
    We do not talk about Thor the Dark World

$645 million...
    ...a disappointment by Marvel/Disney standards, and the reason they went for a more comedic tone. Something that Thor was never about.

$645 million...
    Well I should of clarified I didnt mean financially I ment quality wise.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Well I should of clarified I didnt mean financially I ment quality wise.
    I agree there.
    Maybe if they had made him into a "God of Thunder" it would have improved.

They bleeped out and black boxed out Mark Ruffalo when he said the title.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

I dont know if i mentioned it but i really liked venom

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    They bleeped out and black boxed out Mark Ruffalo when he said the title.
    that seemed more like them making fun of all the times mark ruffalo spoilered shit on accident

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I dont know if i mentioned it but i really liked venom
    Venom isn't MCU
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Venom isn't MCU
    o rly? i had no idea

Spider-man, vemon, deadpool all in one movie, make it so!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Venom in an MCU movie will only happen when Sony stop being retarded, so never basically.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    if i were ever told deadpool would be the most similar movie to a venom solo flick i wouldve called that person a fool.

they gave the symbiote a hell of a lot more personality then it usually ever has.

i wouldnt mind it crossing over with the mcu but i dont know whether or not fiege would ever allow that, sony certainly would love it and for all we know after homecoming maybe they'll take back spidey and try and do their own spider shit again

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    ...a disappointment by Marvel/Disney standards, and the reason they went for a more comedic tone. Something that Thor was never about.
    When was the last time you actually saw Thor 2? Because saying they went more comedic after that movie...which was basically a comedy already...leads me to believe that it's been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    When was the last time you actually saw Thor 2? Because saying they went more comedic after that movie...which was basically a comedy already...leads me to believe that it's been a while.
    I think you need to rewatch it... theres barely any comedy in Thor 2. Theres comic relief from natlie portman's assistant and thats about it.

Thor 3 was a massive tonal shift especially with the comedy aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    I think you need to rewatch it... theres barely any comedy in Thor 2. Theres comic relief from natlie portman's assistant and thats about it.

Thor 3 was a massive tonal shift especially with the comedy aspect.
    Completely agree. The shift was so jarring that I wasn't sure I actually liked Ragnarok the first time around. It grew on me quite nicely though.