they could just make all the x-men inhumans, like theyre going to do for every x-men and mutant theyre allowed to use now.

boom done.

plus theyre bringing in alternate dimensions and realities with doctor strange, not that i think a crossover with fox is in anyway likely.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    they could just make all the x-men inhumans, like theyre going to do for every x-men and mutant theyre allowed to use now.

boom done.

plus theyre bringing in alternate dimensions and realities with doctor strange, not that i think a crossover with fox is in anyway likely.
    I suppose they could go the inhuman route. Ultimately the Inhumans are going to fill a very similar niche (a potentially limitless number of superpowered characters whose powers need no individual explanation) in the story.

Having said that, I think the parallel realities in Doctor Strange will be more along the lines of the Dark World from the second Thor movie. Parallel universes perhaps, but not alternate universes in the context it's usually understood.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously Marvel need to just walk into fox with one of those big comedy cheques and slam it down on Rupert Murdoch's desk and say

Pick a number, times it by 100 then add FUCKTONS OF CASHMONEY, when you're done, write that number on this cheque and we'll pay you that much for the rights to Xmen/Spoderman/Failtastic four and all the rest.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Seriously Marvel need to just walk into fox with one of those big comedy cheques and slam it down on Rupert Murdoch's desk and say

Pick a number, times it by 100 then add FUCKTONS OF CASHMONEY, when you're done, write that number on this cheque and we'll pay you that much for the rights to Xmen/Spoderman/Failtastic four and all the rest.
    Based off the previous movies Box-officemojo is experiencing Disney to make roughly 9 Billion off their next 11 movies. That comes out to 1.5 Billion per Avenger movie, 700mil per sequel and 500mil per original character. Though quite honestly I think Ultron might hit the 2billion mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

the thing is, they dont need the x-men, the inhumans can fill every role the x-men ever filled, and really the fantastic four themselves arent really a hot commodity, the rights are mostly just important because of all the extra shit tied up with it (skrulls, galactus, silver surfer ect)

i suspect out of all the non owned characters the one they want back the most is spidey. with wolverine as second. (not the x-men as a whole just wolverine)

those two are there most popular characters, but even so they dont need them.

and if it came down between a new spidey movie and say doctor strange or black panther, i love spidey, spidey is awesome, but i know spidey inside and out ive seen spidey in tv shows, movies, comics, animated movies. i know more about alternate universe spider-men then i do about some of the people marvels got brewing in their offices.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest issue I see with Dr. Strange is that I'm hoping he will be in some way similar to Dr. Orpheus from Venture Brothers.
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    That's your opinion. I think Days of Future Past is the best Marvel-based movie yet, and that the X-Men movies with their younger cast has come back on track in a big way after the end of the original trilogy and the wolverine movies. I don't see why they should try to make it like the comics and make it "correctly".
    Because as I said, the Marvel Cinematic Universe films are doing the films "correctly" as it were, and create some
    excellent interpretations of the characters. With the exception of a few actors and their characters, a vast majority
    of Fox Marvel characters, especially X-Men, are either incredibly forgettable, or insanely piss poor in comparison.

Which is why Daredevil is getting rebooted in the miniseries on Netflix.

As far as Spider-Man and X-Men are concerned, it'd be better for Marvel to simply reboot those franchises when it
    (inevitably) regains them. Disney can easily fork over the money to buy the contracts when they expire, so it won't
    be an issue.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2014-10-30 at 04:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    and if it came down between a new spidey movie and say doctor strange or black panther, i love spidey, spidey is awesome, but i know spidey inside and out ive seen spidey in tv shows, movies, comics, animated movies. i know more about alternate universe spider-men then i do about some of the people marvels got brewing in their offices.
    You know... That's a pretty damn good point. But still I think it would be worth the money for marvel, not even so they could make Xmen movies, or a new Spidey movie, but just so they can simply and solidify their own shit. It's got to be annoying for them, when making movies about their own franchises to think "wait.. Do we own the rights to that?!"
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    You know... That's a pretty damn good point. But still I think it would be worth the money for marvel, not even so they could make Xmen movies, or a new Spidey movie, but just so they can simply and solidify their own shit. It's got to be annoying for them, when making movies about their own franchises to think "wait.. Do we own the rights to that?!"
    Where is there a solid breakdown of who owns what...

Just found this not sure how accurate it is, according to the website Man-thing has reverted back to Marvel.
    Last edited by Tierbook; 2014-10-30 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Where is there a solid breakdown of who owns what...

Just found this not sure how accurate it is, according to the website Man-thing has reverted back to Marvel.
    Yea, I don't think it's 100% accurate as Man-Thing and Namor would've expired by now.

Though it did leave off a ton. Unless it's doing solely heroes + Venom. As Marvel/Sony are sharing King Pin despite him being in the Spider-Man package.

is kingpin in the spidey package? i thought he was with the daredevil stuff

is kingpin in the spidey package? i thought he was with the daredevil stuff

From what I read awhile back he was in the Spiderman Package. Fox worked with Sony awhile back to use Kingpin in the movie which is what Marvel had to do with Sony this time around. Even though they haven't used him as a villain yet.

Isn't Deadpool going to be in the MCU?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

No unfortunately Marvel doesn't have the rights to him I believe The Deadpool movie is being made by Fox. I believe that they own the rights due to him being considered a mutant. Remember they had that horrendous version of him in Wolverine Origins.

Marvel might know what they do with their movies but not all. Look at Ghost Rider for example.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfyre27 View Post
    No unfortunately Marvel doesn't have the rights to him I believe The Deadpool movie is being made by Fox. I believe that they own the rights due to him being considered a mutant. Remember they had that horrendous version of him in Wolverine Origins.
    Well f!%$

/10chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Marvel might know what they do with their movies but not all. Look at Ghost Rider for example.
    I'm not going to say Marvel is infallible, but they're working this whole MCU concept perfectly right now. I'm not going to begrudge them the early hiccups getting the train going.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Isn't Deadpool going to be in the MCU?
    Nope, he's owned by Fox and I doubt they'll put in the effort to make it match the storyline.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, the two Ghost Rider movies were by Columbia Pictures. The two recent(ish) Punisher movies weren't by Marvel themselves either, for that matter, IIRC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thankfully, IIRC, Marvel has bought back the rights to Ghost Rider, Blade, and Daredevil (I presume Elektra as well).

Now if only they could've saved Fantastic Four.

more in the "sony has no fucking idea what theyre going to do with spidey" news

"It's pretty clear to everybody that Sony doesn't know what to do with their Spider-Man franchise. I think all the talk of the studio giving Spidey to Marvel is pretty wild and out there; a sharing deal isn't impossible, but I don't think Sony has fallen far enough for that yet. Are there talks? Maybe. I think there have been talks about this for years now (three Comic-Cons ago I got the most intriguing, off-the-record non-answer about this from a Marvel higher up. Three years ago), but I'm simply not sure Sony is ready to make that leap.

Especially because they have other stuff they're toying with in the Spiderverse. I've already told you what I heard about Sinister Six - that it could feature Spidey teaming up with the villains in a Dirty Dozen style story, and that it might serve as the softest of reboots for the franchise, allowing Sony to simply drop away the specifics of the Amazings and keep the character we already know - but I've also heard about another Spiderverse team movie. A team movie that is based on an original concept not drawn from the comics.

We heard that Sony has plans for a female Spidey character to get her own movie, but what if the plans were for all the female Spidey characters to come together in one movie? That's the premise of the project they're calling Glass Ceiling (likely not the actual title) - a team-up movie that would bring the female Spidey characters together.

There are not a ton of female superheroes that would be part of the Spider-Man package. The ones that spring immediately to mind are:

The Black Cat

Silver Sable

Spider-Girl

Silk

It's not really clear if Spider-Woman is part of the package, but I suspect she is. It's also possible that Firestar, who was created for the Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends cartoon, is part of the movie package. Black Cat, of course, is a cat burglar who has the power to give other people bad luck. Silver Sable is a gun-toting mercenary.

Spider-Girl and Silk are much lesser-known characters, with Silk being brand new. It turns out she was also bitten by the same spider that gave Peter Parker his powers, and so she's a Spider-type as well. Spider-Girl is a character from an alternate universe. Speaking of alternate universes: the upcoming Spiderverse event, which sees every iteration of Spider-Man coming together (yes, even the 1970s TV version) could be introducing female variants on characters who would end up belonging to Sony.

Is Glass Ceiling actually going to happen? It's one of the ideas that Sony has been kicking around. As I've said before, I don't think Sony even knows what they're doing, so claiming that this is actually happening is incredibly premature. It's an idea that's out there. "

http://badassdigest.com/2014/10/30/w...der-man-movie/

- - - Updated - - -

they didnt make ghostrider though..