7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Looking at stuff for Love & Thunder, Thor Odinson is basically all over promo work lol
    Waaaaait. Trailer dropped?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So your issue is . . . that it wasn't translating enough of the comic directly to the screen . . .

Thanks for proving my point?
    No.. your point was:
    you think "adaptation" is a synonym for "direct comic-to-screen transfer maintaining all plot and character and setting elements as unchanged as possible"
    And it wasn't, your point is wrong and your strawman is a joke.

Also, Planet Hulk wasn't the only story being adapted into Ragnarok, and not even the most important story at that;
    I know that, thats why i only mentioned about planet hulk, lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

If you thought it was lacklustre all the way to this point, though, why would you have any hope of it being suddenly better in your eyes lol
    Some parts were rly bad, others good, thats i think is lackluster, because it could be rly good, and i expected to be better.

you rly have some problem with other people opinion/taste don't you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Some parts were rly bad, others good, thats i think is lackluster, because it could be rly good, and i expected to be better.

You rly sure you're the one to say that, given how hard you jump into defense/attack of anything fiction, like your life depends on it?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    You rly sure you're the one to say that, given how hard you jump into defense/attack of anything fiction, like your life depends on it?
    I just said i wanted more Thor and think the movie will be a mess.

if you think that is "jumping hard", you do you.

10+ Year Old Account

Framing things as "good", "bad", "better", and so on, that isn't a statement of subjective preference. It's a statement of universal value. If I say a jug of milk has gone "bad", that doesn't mean it might be magically fresh for you; it means the milk has soured, objectively speaking. If I say that stabbing yourself in the leg for funzies is a "bad idea", I mean that's true for everyone, not just me.

Meanwhile, if I have a gluten allergy, I wouldn't say "gluten is bad", because it isn't. I'm the one who's got a problem with it. So I make choices that avoid gluten in my diet. I don't expect others to have to do so, unless they share that kind of sensitivity with me.

You don't frame things as if they're "just your opinion". You make objective statements on quality. And then pull this nonsense when you're called out on it, trying to deflect the criticism.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just said i wanted more Thor and think the movie will be a mess.

if you think that is "jumping hard", you do you.
    Hey man, I still member how hard you tried to convince us that Spidermon foes could only be defeated by Spidermon himself. Or your Horde whitewashing. That's the problem with fanboys, they are so fukin blind and obnoxious in conversations.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey man, I still member how hard you tried to convince us that Spidermon foes could only be defeated by Spidermon himself.
    suuuuure, i remember people saying the other two were not showing up, funny times

Or your Horde whitewashing
    K. guess we got some alliance boys mad here

7+ Year Old Account
    K. guess we got some alliance boys mad here
    Not as mad as you over Horde spawning raid bosses for years.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is literally all I was looking for, an actual opinion, even if it is still super vague lol Was that so hard? Serious, stop getting so defensive over this shit. What did you find good/bad?
    I said that like 5 times.

This is not me "getting defensive" is just me not finding any reasons why 3 lurkers come with BS every time someone said they don't like or like something, you people need to chill out, not everything is a matter of debate.

Not really. Though I know from past experience that you're a fucking nightmare to try and talk to because you take anything that might question you as some sort of attack.
    You want to question people personal/subjective taste about something, you brought 'nightmare" to yourself.

Like the dude saying shit just because i didn't like Steven persona of moon knight in this week episode.
    On this, apparently the movie tested really well, people loved it.
    Well, i do hope im wrong and the movie is good, but it look, like a mess to me, Gorr look awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Not as mad as you over Horde spawning raid bosses for years.
    Lets see some more crying over horde bias for years
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-04-13 at 06:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In what way am I a lurker? Because I don't post in here every day?
    If we're going by post count to determine lurker status . . .

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If we're going by post count to determine lurker status . . .
    Damn son, I just noticed yours. Teh Lurker Supreme.

On the subject of Gorr leaks, btw, here is the supposedly leaked "synopsis" for Ravager Thor (Odinson) in Love & Thunder via merch:
    Spoiler: 
    Oooh that looks really cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at stuff for Love & Thunder, Thor Odinson is basically all over promo work lol
    They sort of did Thor being unworthy in Infinite War and Endgame. So hope it doesn't feel like covering old ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    They sort of did Thor being unworthy in Infinite War and Endgame. So hope it doesn't feel like covering old ground.
    Mjolnir's gone. Worthiness isn't even really a factor, at this point. Is Love and Thunder gonna bring Mjolnir back, somehow? Remains to be seen! Or maybe they're doing a weirder interpretation of what the "power of Thor" is and if it's actually separate from Mjolnir itself. Really, the only reason to think Mjolnir's even involved is the leak that Portman's Jane Foster is gonna be Lady Thor; it could be a lot weirder than anything we're thinking.

I agree that a storyline on being "unworthy" would just be retreading old ground. But they could make the case that Mjolnir's at least semi-sentient. It was in the comics. There could easily be a case of the hammer re-forming itself, and choosing a new wielder, denying Thor for any of a wide range of reasons (he doesn't need it as he's already unlocked his true potential, Mjolnir's jealous of Stormbreaker and in a snit, it knows someone else needs Mjolnir more than Thor does, etc). It may even be that it's using its new wielder to return to Thor; it was destroyed on Earth and thus had to reform there and now needs a wielder to take it into the cosmos to track down Thor. Plenty they can do without retreading anything about "worthiness" of the Odinson, since that arc was already repurposed in Infinity War/Endgame, like you said.

Moon Knight:

ep.1: 7/10
    ep.2: 8/10
    ep.3: 8.5/10

This show keeps getting better with each episode...pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadow View Post
    Moon Knight:

ep.1: 7/10
    ep.2: 8/10
    ep.3: 8.5/10

This show keeps getting better with each episode...pleasant surprise.
    Given how off-putting I found the Steven Grant character in the first two that's not a surprise.

Caugh up on Moon Knight today, pretty decent so far. A bit sad we're already half way through the series, hoping things just ramp up from here.

I will say that it's nice to see Egyptian gods/Egypt. I feel like I haven't really seen either for a good while in media. Not in anything I've seen, at least lol
    I would say that Egypt gets more than a fair share of media portrayals. It's just usually done really, really bad.

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Even that is nearly 6 years ago now.

But holy fuck that poster alone makes me want to avoid the movie lol
    I personaly enjoyed that movie!
    But the entire internet hates it give it a try...maybe xD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    I would say that Egypt gets more than a fair share of media portrayals. It's just usually done really, really bad.

Tbf, most of media portrayals of gods in general are bad, exploring the mythos itself isn't bad, but when they put the gods, things go bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I really like Steven Grant as a character, more so than I do Mark. I don't enjoy Layla. I feel like they're trying too hard with the character and she self-inserts herself too much.
    Dear God no. The Steven Grant character in the 1st two episodes I found to be repulsive and quite frankly not believable. Anyone that screwed up belonged in an institution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    Dear God no. The Steven Grant character in the 1st two episodes I found to be repulsive and quite frankly not believable. Anyone that screwed up belonged in an institution.
    Other than the DID or the weirdo magical nonsense that suddenly started shoehorning into his life, what was "screwed up" about Steven Grant? He was a kind of awkward guy who worked in a gift shop and probably had a bit of anxiety. That's pretty wildly normal.