Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    The trailer seemed a little gritty for the FF. I'm still convinced this movie is going to suck because of the Doom Blogger plot line.
    yeah thats the main thing. i could deal with it being basically chronicle 2 but dr doom as an antisocial blogger is fart cloud galactus levels of bad

i hope this movie tanks hard so we can see dr doom fight the avengers

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's so jarring to have these other companies responsible for Marvel properties. It definitely tarnishes the overall company's image b/c of how much absolute crap is being made by anyone not named Disney/Marvel. I feel like the DC garbage, any shenanigans Sony may pull with Spidey, and this pile of rubbish are trying to actively kill the super hero movie genre.

As not good as the original F4 movies are, I would rather watch them 100 times than this because it actually felt like the real characters. Kinda weird seeing Johnny Storm be Captain America, but you know...whatevs. Not as weird as seeing Johnny Storm and Sue Storm be completely different races from each other. Doesn't really help shake the 'token colored dude' image since they couldn't go all the way and make them both the same. At least that is believable for the sake of diversity.

Edit: I guess having one dude is ok, but having two ethnic main characters as well as interracial relationships is just too far. This whole film is a disgrace on multiple levels.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2015-01-27 at 07:08 PM.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    That fantastic four trailer looks terrible, the heroes all look like they are 13 years old as well >.<

People here were going to hate on this trailer no matter what, simply for committing the crime of not being owned by Mickey Mouse and changing the comics. It's a frustrating situation really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    People here were going to hate on this trailer no matter what, simply for committing the crime of not being owned by Mickey Mouse and changing the comics. It's a frustrating situation really.
    Sorta reverse No True Scotsman going on here. There are valid criticisms. They aren't negated by saying criticism will exist regardless.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Sorta reverse No True Scotsman going on here. There are valid criticisms. They aren't negated by saying criticism will exist regardless.
    If somebody believes in their criticism, it's valid to that somebody. If somebody else doesn't agree with it, it's not valid to that other somebody. However, I am rather confident in my belief that people are strongly pulled towards criticism because of agendas that have less to do with what the movie is than what the movie isn't, which is a MCU film and a faithful adaption.

Deleted
    If somebody believes in their criticism, it's valid to that somebody. If somebody else doesn't agree with it, it's not valid to that other somebody. However, I am rather confident in my belief that people are strongly pulled towards criticism because of agendas that have less to do with what the movie is than what the movie isn't, which is a MCU film and a faithful adaption.
    Doom is an antisocial blogger.

Am I disappointed that the license isn't with Marvel? Sure. But the same is true of X-men and I like the X-men films. This film just reeks of bad. It fails to follow the tone of the comics - and more importantly for general movie-goers it looks like a tonal copy of TDKS and Man of Steel. That's getting old. They've changed the character's back stories to have a token black guy, but don't have the balls to make two main characters black, which would have been much simpler than some convoluted, screen time eating adoption story. And Doom is an antisocial blogger.

Am I disappointed that the license isn't with Marvel? Sure. But the same is true of X-men and I like the X-men films. This film just reeks of bad. It fails to follow the tone of the comics - and more importantly for general movie-goers it looks like a tonal copy of TDKS and Man of Steel. That's getting old. They've changed the character's back stories to have a token black guy, but don't have the balls to make two main characters black, which would have been much simpler than some convoluted, screen time eating adoption story. And Doom is an antisocial blogger.
    Nothing worse than someone threatening to write a bad review of your superhero team on Yelp, man.

People really ran with that "Doom is a blogger!" leak article.

Deleted
    People really ran with that "Doom is a blogger!" leak article.
    Has it been disproved?

EDIT: It came straight from Toby Kebbel. So it's legit.

Has it been disproved?

I didn't say it was disproved, but I do think people are making a lot of fuzz about something we don't know the full context of in a movie we don't know a whole lot about. It could be bad, but as I see it, they wouldn't make huge changes just cause.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2015-01-27 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has it been disproved?

Do you see the trend here though? Pick one detail and try and tear your opinion apart while disregarding all of the real and already witnessed poor decisions for this movie. Somehow we can argue that we know nothing about Doom until we see the movie, even though it's already been stated by the actor, but when we bring up how crap it is for the whole Johnny/Sue garbage it just gets ignored.

It's hilarious to see race so obviously exploited like we both said in them only making one character black, making sure it isn't the female (so they avoid 'taboo' relationships), and then try to concoct an unbelievable story to slap it into the universe to be 'edgy'.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    http://schmoesknow.com/joss-whedon-n...ity-war/33522/

Why is nobody talking about this?
    And I actually liked the FF trailer.

Deleted
    I didn't say it was disproved, but I do think people are making a lot of fuzz about something we don't know the full context of in a movie we don't know a whole lot about. It could be bad, but as I see it, they wouldn't make huge changes just cause.
    It's going to be pretty fucking hard to make it good. And even if it is good, it's hardly going to be Dr.Doom.

It's going to be pretty fucking hard to make it good. And even if it is good, it's hardly going to be Dr.Doom.
    Well it's not a faithful adaption in the first place, and judging on how the Fantastic Four comics got cancelled, it's not the most popular comics anyway.

Deleted
    Well it's not a faithful adaption in the first place, and judging on how the Fantastic Four comics got cancelled, it's not the most popular comics anyway.
    Pretty sure the motivation behind cancelling the comics was because Marvel doesn't own the film rights to FF.

Pretty sure the motivation behind cancelling the comics was because Marvel doesn't own the film rights to FF.
    Pretty pretty sure it wasn't. It didn't sell well at all.

Deleted
    Pretty pretty sure it wasn't. It didn't sell well at all.
    I'm sure it was a combination. But ultimately I think that it was just an excuse to shut down a marketing opportunity for Fox. Same reason they're starting to downplay the X-men. FF is one of their most well known franchises, you think they couldn't push it back it, market it aggressively, if they really wanted the numbers to go back up?

I understand reworking his backstory since his original one only really makes sense in the context of the Cold War. I also understand changing his real name since, let's face it, a guy with the last name of "Doom" becoming a supervillian is really stupid even by comic book standards. However I think in order to capture the essence of the character he needs to come from a place of "corrupt authority", whether he's a politician or a corporate executive or something similar.

In that I agree that flipping him around and making him a "Down with The Man!" antisocial hacker means that even if he's a good villain, he's a terrible Doctor Doom.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I'm sure it was a combination. But ultimately I think that it was just an excuse to shut down a marketing opportunity for Fox. Same reason they're starting to downplay the X-men. FF is one of their most well known franchises, you think they couldn't push it back it, market it aggressively, if they really wanted the numbers to go back up?
    No I don't. I know people like comics around here, but the fact of the matter is that fans and comic book readers are drops in the ocean when it comes to comic book movie box office. The Fantastic Four movie being successful would have been a bigger gain for the comic series than the comic series being successful would have been for the movie.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2015-01-27 at 08:14 PM.