Deleted
    After seeing Andy Serkis in the trailer, who is not in Avengers 2?

Anyway, was a little bit busy for my taste, just a bunch of scenes with explosions around the world and sobbing characters stringed together. Also really creepy music, reminded me of Electro's dubstep in AS2 because Ultron eventually sang along to it? And no witty one liner? buh! That said, the screen will probably explode when Ironman fights against Hulk who probably has a greater role due to his sickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocktan View Post
    After seeing Andy Serkis in the trailer, who is not in Avengers 2?
    Anthony Mackie

#TeamFalcon
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

this is what divides the avengers.

tony fucks up so bad he almost causes the end of the world. this is why he wants a safety net in cap 3, this is why the avengers split and they create 2 seperate teams.

this is like the empire strikes back stage of the marvel universe where everybody just fucks up. then EVERYBODY comes together to face an even bigger threat in thanos.

- - - Updated - - -

also i fucking love the way they used the Pinocchio song for the trailer.

they managed to turn that cheery song from a childrens movie into a foreboding and chilling message. tony fucked up, and now ultrons gonna wreck faces
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Magewang View Post
    But when will the bubble burst?
    The concept of superheroes has been going strong for nigh-on 75 years now, they're basically modern day folk heroes. Just because they've finally made the transition to the silver screen I don't see them going away any time soon, especially if they generate the $$$ if done well.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Superheroes are too varied for there to be anything like a "superhero bubble burst". *maybe* the typical summer blockbuster superhero movie will die out eventually, though I also doubt that because it's not like the regular summer blockbuster concept is in any financial trouble (hello Transformers age of exctinction box office numbers, ignoring critical reception).

But even if that were to happen, a superhero movie doesn't have to be a typical summer blockbuster. You can go the direction of Watchmen, or a comedy (they need to get on this, squirrel girl comedy movie), or god knows what else. When things go south they'll just start taking another direction.

This is why it won't

You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Think he's talking about Marvel Studios' bubble specifically. And I don't know, the potential is obviously always there for a MCU movie to come out and people go "meh".

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Superheroes are too varied for there to be anything like a "superhero bubble burst". *maybe* the typical summer blockbuster superhero movie will die out eventually, though I also doubt that because it's not like the regular summer blockbuster concept is in any financial trouble (hello Transformers age of exctinction box office numbers, ignoring critical reception).

But even if that were to happen, a superhero movie doesn't have to be a typical summer blockbuster. You can go the direction of Watchmen, or a comedy (they need to get on this, squirrel girl comedy movie), or god knows what else. When things go south they'll just start taking another direction.
    the thing is, they trademarked squirrel girl a couple months ago. so theyre doing something with her. either shes going to show up in one of the shows or one of the movies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Think he's talking about Marvel Studios' bubble specifically. And I don't know, the potential is obviously always there for a MCU movie to come out and people go "meh".
    thats happened before already. incredible hulk was very meh, it didnt really do well. it did okay but not well.

if something flops they can do something else. if guardians hadnt done well they couldve pulled out another iron man or a different character. if strange doesnt do well they could pull out blade or moon knight or something.

if people get tired of action movies they can do more comedy like guardians, or they could do a horror movie with some of the darker characters, or a spy thriller, or a drama.

superhero movies are not a genre. this is what people need to realize. superhero movies can exist in any type of genre, theyre not stuck with one thing.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

thats happened before already. incredible hulk was very meh, it didnt really do well. it did okay but not well.

if something flops they can do something else. if guardians hadnt done well they couldve pulled out another iron man or a different character. if strange doesnt do well they could pull out blade or moon knight or something.

if people get tired of action movies they can do more comedy like guardians, or they could do a horror movie with some of the darker characters, or a spy thriller, or a drama.

superhero movies are not a genre. this is what people need to realize. superhero movies can exist in any type of genre, theyre not stuck with one thing.
    I don't know, Guardians was the exception to the rule, the rest have been "fun" action movies. Sure they could do something different if people began getting tired of the same old same old, but I kinda doubt their universe can truly do an 180 like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I don't know, Guardians was the exception to the rule, the rest have been "fun" action movies. Sure they could do something different if people began getting tired of the same old same old, but I kinda doubt their universe can truly do an 180 like that.
    yeah but theyre already slowly moving out of that same old same old.

ant man isnt your average action movie its a heist movie like oceans eleven but with a dude who can change sizes. doctor strange is fantasy, winter soldier was less average action movie and more spy thriller, guardians was more of an action comedy.

its already changing. super hero movies are just gonna be like other movies based off books.

All I can say about the Age of Ultron, is thank goodness they're using a real villain this time. Loki has always been such a loser, I don't know why people like him.

Loki is charismatic, that's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    All I can say about the Age of Ultron, is thank goodness they're using a real villain this time. Loki has always been such a loser, I don't know why people like him.
    it was important for the first avengers to have a villain we already knew. that meant they didnt have to spend any time "explaining" the villain. the main focus of avengers 1 was getting the avengers together in a servicible manner which is difficult with so many characters.

and it still suffered a bit with that many characters which is why the ones without solo films (hulk, hawkeye, widow, the twins) are going to be the center stage and get a good bit of the screen time in this movie.

now that theyre all together, all introduced, they have that breathing room.

ultron is the start of "avengers" villains.

also marvel finally showed off something new again in the comic events stuff. i really think an inhumans movie is coming soon, with all the kree stuff on aos and them not being able to use the word mutant it seems really likely

also andy serkis is probably playing one of black panthers main baddies and vibranium and wakanda play a big role in age of ultron so a black panther movie is inevitable at this point

- - - Updated - - -

"Back in the hectic days of summer, Adam McKay was named as one of many possibilities to replace director Edgar Wright on Ant-Man. Ultimately, McKay didn’t wind up taking that gig — Peyton Reed did – but he did stick around to help with rewrites. And now it seems McKay is angling for the chance to direct a Marvel movie of his own.

In a new interview, McKay hinted he may have a new job with Marvel in the works. Though this being Marvel, he was naturally pretty light on specifics. In any case, hit the jump for the Adam McKay Marvel quote.

McKay teased his possible Marvel movie in a chat with Crave Online. “I’m starting to get into the early stages with Marvel.” He continued:

I just did a big rewrite on Ant-Man with Paul Rudd and had such a great time working with them that we’re kicking around ideas. But yeah, maybe I would take on one of the characters so we haven’t locked in anything, but discussions are definitely going on.

At this point in his career, McKay is mostly known for directing comedies starring Will Ferrell, e.g., The Other Guys, Step Brothers, Talladega Nights, and the two Anchorman movies. A big superhero movie would be a change of pace for him, even after his work on the Ant-Man screenplay.

But Marvel has a way of finding talent in unexpected places. Few would have pegged You, Me and Dupree directors Joe and Anthony Russo as obvious choices for Marvel, but they knocked it out of the park with Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Now they’re set to return for Captain America 3 and are rumored frontrunners for Avengers 3 and 4.

McKay is a comic book fan who knows his way around the Marvel universe, and he’s already proven he can work well within the Marvel Studios system. So it’d make sense for the studio to want to give him a shot. For his part, he seems eager to step outside his usual Ferrell comedy wheelhouse. Earlier this year, he boarded the financial drama The Big Short. Maybe a Marvel project is just what he needs to take his career to the next level.

As for which superhero McKay might tackle, it’s tough to say. Aside from Avengers 3 and 4 (which have not confirmed any director), Thor 3, Black Panther, and Inhumans are all in various stages of development at Marvel, and rumors of Black Widow, Captain Marvel, and/or the Hulk standalones persist. On top of all that, Marvel is working on several TV superhero TV shows, and McKay is an experienced TV producer.

What superhero would you like to see McKay tackle?"

http://www.slashfilm.com/adam-mckay-marvel/

Deleted
    Well it didn't take em long to kill of female Thor :P

i think lady thor will probably be around for awhile. will probably get a rename later on though. iron mans new armor from superior iron man is in the shot too

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    also marvel finally showed off something new again in the comic events stuff. i really think an inhumans movie is coming soon, with all the kree stuff on aos and them not being able to use the word mutant it seems really likely
    Honestly I'm not surprised and I've been expecting it for awhile. With Marvel not allowing future mutants to be created and their marketing of pulling X-Men toys and such from shelves and pushing their Inhumans, I've been wondering when a film will be out. Inhumans is their direct answer of allows "mutants" into their franchise which I know they really want to do. Granted they would love to have the X-Men as well, but we all know how Fox is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Honestly I'm not surprised and I've been expecting it for awhile. With Marvel not allowing future mutants to be created and their marketing of pulling X-Men toys and such from shelves and pushing their Inhumans, I've been wondering when a film will be out. Inhumans is their direct answer of allows "mutants" into their franchise which I know they really want to do. Granted they would love to have the X-Men as well, but we all know how Fox is.
    I think ideally if Marvel had owned the rights to the X-men we'd see Wolverine in Age of Ultron. At least because he did appear in the Age of Ultron series. But I digress.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think ideally if Marvel had owned the rights to the X-men we'd see Wolverine in Age of Ultron. At least because he did appear in the Age of Ultron series. But I digress.
    I doubt this movie will resemble the Age of Ultron series very much at all.

Deleted
    I wonder if Black Panther makes a short cameo in AoU (like Thanos in the first Avenger without a specific actor) because they are really hinting at him. Besides Andy's character, my bet is that Ultron will use the Vibranium to upgrade his body as you could see in one shot where lava dropped on his arm. And eventually, Cap needs a new shield

I also wonder if they kill off Jane Foster or if she heavily gets injured by Ultron. I wouldn't have a problem if she's gone

Last but not least, it seems that we get some flashbacks in this movie, for example Cap during WW2. This movie sure will be busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocktan View Post
    I wonder if Black Panther makes a short cameo in AoU (like Thanos in the first Avenger without a specific actor) because they are really hinting at him. Besides Andy's character, my bet is that Ultron will use the Vibranium to upgrade his body as you could see in one shot where lava dropped on his arm. And eventually, Cap needs a new shield

I also wonder if they kill off Jane Foster or if she heavily gets injured by Ultron. I wouldn't have a problem if she's gone

Last but not least, it seems that we get some flashbacks in this movie, for example Cap during WW2. This movie sure will be busy.
    I believe Natalie Portman walked after Thor: The Dark World. Apparently filming that movie wasn't a very pleasant experience for her or something.