maybe from now on people will trust what i post more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rocktan View Post
    In case if you are too lazy to click on the link

May 6, 2016: Captain America: Civil War

November 4, 2016: Doctor Strange

May 5, 2017: Guardians of the Galaxy 2

July 28, 2017: Thor: Ragnarok

November 3, 2017: Black Panther

May 4, 2018: Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1

July 6, 2018: Captain Marvel

November 2, 2018: The Inhumans

May 3, 2019: Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2

Interesting choice with the Inhumans. And yeah, shame that we don't get standalone Hulk movie...
    not really an interesting choice. its been clear for years that inhumans were the answer to marvels lack of mutants. i wouldnt be surprised if the inhumans movie had scarlet witch and quicksilver in it.

from now on any mutant character that they are allowed to use will be an inhuman most likely and the inhumans will basically take the place of the x-men for the cinematic universe just how theyve slowly taken the place of the x-men in the comics to build up to this

- - - Updated - - -

theyve also been building up to it pretty hard in agents of shield.

- - - Updated - - -

this is gonna be fucking awesome
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'm actually not surprised they are doing Captain Marvel rather then Black Widow for their first movie with a female title role for two reasons.

The first is that Marvel seems to prefer to introduce characters in their own movies rather then as secondary characters in existing movies. That doesn't mean that we'll never get a Black Widow movie, just that doing so would represent a broader break in form. The second is that Marvel seems to want to introduce more cosmic/fantasy elements into the MCU, and a Black Widow movie would be a step backwards in that regard while Captain Marvel would be a step forward.

I'm also curious to see if we'll get some references to Black Panther in Age of Ultron. For the above reason I would be surprised if Black Panther himself shows up, but apparently one of the big villains from the comics is showing up in Age of Ultron. My guess is they'll switch Ultron and his minons to be made out of Vibranium both to avoid any potential legal conflicts due to not having the movie rights to X-men and to ground it in existing MCU canon. Wakanda happens to be the only place where Vibranium is found in noticeable quantities, so Ultron goes there to get the raw materials needed to create his army.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Marvel just dropped a nuke on DC's movie slate.

Black Panther is gonna make his first appearence in Cap Civil War. I really want to see what the filler movies between parts 1 and 2 of Infinity War are gonna be like. I doubt Thanos is coming to earth in part 1. My guess is the guardians and Thor are gonna fail at stopping him and thats when he goes to earth in part 2.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dang. Marvel just dropped the mic on all other super hero movies. As a fan of comic books and all geekery in general, I'm so proud that our culture has allowed them to turn into juggernauts making movies we never thought we'd see. I mean sure we get superman/batman/spiderman rehashes all the time, but did anyone expect this strategy to pan out so well?

This is pretty incredible. Too bad DC movies will be there to taint the overall purity of the experience, but oh well...I don't have to go see that garbage so that's one thing.
    BAD WOLF

black panthers first appearance (atleast suited up) will be in cap 3. he will probably be on one of the avengers teams run by cap/iron man

civil war explained. basically what i was telling everyone earlier. tony fucks up, they decide super heroes need a saftey net, someone needs to have more control over them yadayadayda
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    Yea, no standalone Hulk film though, which might be disappointing to some. Infinity War is split into 2 parts, Part 1 2018, Part 2 2019. Bleh.
    Is that really a surprise though? Let's be real, Hulk just doesn't hold his own very well in a standalone movie. It's the same old losing control, hulk smash formula and it gets old. Now if Marvel was smart about doing another Hulk solo feature they would go the Doc Green route of Marvel NOW. Now that would make an interesting film with new dynamics, and it would introduce some cool new elements to the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post

Black Panther is gonna make his first appearence in Cap Civil War. I really want to see what the filler movies between parts 1 and 2 of Infinity War are gonna be like. I doubt Thanos is coming to earth in part 1. My guess is the guardians and Thor are gonna fail at stopping him and thats when he goes to earth in part 2.
    infinity war will involve EVERYONE in the marvel cinematic universe, i wouldnt be surprised if total both movies are around 5 - 6 hours. they probably wont have time for more solo movies except maybe new people who will show up in part 2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swagula View Post
    Is that really a surprise though? Let's be real, Hulk just doesn't hold his own very well in a standalone movie
    correction, the people who did the hulk solo films dont know hulk.

both hulk films focused on the monster, monster monster monster.

hulk is not a monster. thats what avengers got right, yes hulk can be mean but hulk is also funny, hulk is not a raging beast hes his own person with his own feelings and his own personality.

- - - Updated - - -

thats also what makes the tony x iron man dynamic and friendship so good.

tony never once treated hulk like a monster and because of that hulk fought alongside them.

Regarding Black Panther first showing up in Cap 3: was that actually stated? Because one of the BP bad guys is played by Andy Serkis in Avengers 2
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Regarding Black Panther first showing up in Cap 3: was that actually stated? Because one of the BP bad guys is played by Andy Serkis in Avengers 2
    yes, but they specifically said him in the suit. so its entirely possible t'challa is in avengers 2 just not in his black panther gear

- - - Updated - - -

black panther in the flesh

- - - Updated - - -

T'Challa, the man known as the Black Panther, will be played by Chadwick Boseman. The actor previously portrayed Jackie Robinson in 42 and James Brown in Get On Up. The Black Panther's introduction to the Marvel Cinematic Universe may be tipped in next year's Avengers: Age of Ultron. One of his arch-nemeses, the character Klaw, may have been teased in the film's teaser trailer.

We'll get our first peek at Black Panther in costume in 2016, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige said today, in Captain America: Civil War.

- - - Updated - - -

"Black Panther and all of Wakanda is one of the most interesting characters in Marvel history," remarked Feige. "He's a bit of a prince, he may even become a bit of a king, but it's all about how this isolationist country meets the world. Maybe it goes well, maybe it doesn't."

"This Captain Marvel's name is Carol Danvers," said Feige. "This film has been in the works almost as long as Doctor Strange or Guardians of the Galaxy before it came out, and one of the key things was figuring out what we wanted to do with it. Her adventures are very earthbound, but her powers are based in the cosmic realm."

The announcement of Black Panther and Captain Marvel movies addresses some longstanding concerns that Marvel Studios' films haven't centered on the comic book universe's women and people of color"

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/28/7085307/marvel-black-panther-captain-marvel-movie-release-date

- - - Updated - - -

my guess? doctor strange was delayed to accomadate cumberbatchs schedule. notice here when asked about it he doesnt say no he just says it isnt confirmed yet.

Doctor Strange, the Marvel Studios feature film focused on the genius neurosurgeon, will hit theaters Nov. 4, 2016, the company announced today during a special event in Los Angeles.

The movie was originally scheduled to premiere in July 2016.

The delay follows reports yesterday from Deadline and The Hollywood Reporter that Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock, Star Trek Into Darkness) was in final negotiations to play Doctor Strange in the film, after rumored talks with Joaquin Phoenix fell apart. Marvel did not provide any new details on casting today. Scott Derrickson (Deliver Us from Evil) is slated to direct Doctor Strange.

Update: Asked about the Cumberbatch casting report during a q-and-a following the presentation, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige said, "If it was confirmed, we would have announced it today."

Update 2: "In the Marvel Cinematic Universe version of the supernatural, that involves everything from quantum mechanics to string theory. The idea of this film is to open up a whole new corner of the cinematic universe. We want to enter, through Strange, the world of parallel dimensions," said Feige

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post

Don't see how this is dropping a nuke on DC's movie slate, they're still there.

Having movies between "Part 1" and "Part 2" seems weird, but whatever. I'd be surprised if The Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 doesn't have the actual avengers in it, except for one.

as far as i remember thor wasnt said to be a member of either cap or iron mans avengers teams. my guess? after avengers 2 he decides to give earth a break + all the loki stuff finally coming to the surface with whatever the hell hes been planning while thor was out of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    as far as i remember thor wasnt said to be a member of either cap or iron mans avengers teams. my guess? after avengers 2 he decides to give earth a break + all the loki stuff finally coming to the surface with whatever the hell hes been planning while thor was out of the way
    If he isn't an "Avenger for real" at that point, then it seems even less likely to me that the first part will be with the Guardians and Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    If he isn't an "Avenger for real" at that point, then it seems even less likely to me that the first part will be with the Guardians and Thor.
    i could see guardians showing up at the end of part 1, i could even see thanos not even landing on earth until part 2 and part 1 just being his minions.

- - - Updated - - -

jesse cox sums it up well

"Avengers 3 and 4 are literally what my childhood dreams are made of. I expect people who never read the story arc to lose their minds."

these movies are going to be HUGE.

everyone in the marvel universe coming together to face a threat that can pretty much take them all on.

marvel universe is about to get rekt

i could see guardians showing up at the end of part 1, i could even see thanos not even landing on earth until part 2 and part 1 just being his minions.
    He might not land on Earth, but we've already seen his minions get smashed in the very first Avengers movie, so I could see him being in action without or with few Infinity Stones in the first, and then get more in the next. And while we're on the topic of Thanos, they really need to show him do something huge soon, so far he's just been sitting on a floaty chair and smiled menacing.

- - - Updated - - -

jesse cox sums it up well

"Avengers 3 and 4 are literally what my childhood dreams are made of. I expect people who never read the story arc to lose their minds."

these movies are going to be HUGE.

everyone in the marvel universe coming together to face a threat that can pretty much take them all on.

marvel universe is about to get rekt

[IMG]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101223183944/marveldatabase/images/a/a2/Thanos_vs_Marvel_.jpg[/G]
    Where do you go from after that though?

i dont know if they'll ever be able to top this

- - - Updated - - -

He might not land on Earth, but we've already seen his minions get smashed in the very first Avengers movie, so I could see him being in action without or with few Infinity Stones in the first, and then get more in the next. And while we're on the topic of Thanos, they really need to show him do something huge soon, so far he's just been sitting on a floaty chair and smiled menacing.

- - - Updated - - -

the aliens they fought in avengers was just a token he gave to loki. he has much more powerful minions.

and i dont know, they are going to have to try really hard to top this event. but they did mention parallel realities in doctor strange, they wanna open all that up.

so im assuming after infinity gauntlet they could do something huge like the new secret wars event. multiple versions of the same characters duking it out in a huge battle

- - - Updated - - -

"Marvel Studios' big event confirmed a lot of stuff we've been reporting here at Badass Digest for a long time. Regular readers will recall that I have been saying that Avengers: Age of Ultron includes a cameo from "Miss Marvel." I wasn't sure if that would be the name they were keeping, but I knew she was coming in Phase Three. And at the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood Marvel backed it up: Captain Marvel is coming to screens on July 6th, 2018. And, just in case you were wondering: it's going to be Carol Danvers.

Details are scarce at the moment, but Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige said Captain Marvel will be the most powerful hero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which I'm assuming means she's going to be up at Superman levels. She's going to be a human caught up in a larger cosmic story, but beyond that... who knows. In the comics Carol Danvers is an Air Force officer who ends up with super powers after having Kree (the alien race to which Ronan the Accuser belongs in Guardians of the Galaxy) mixed with her own. She can fly, is super strong, is super durable and can blast energy out of her hands. She's got one of those classic superhero power sets that we actually haven't seen much of on the big screen yet.

She's also a character beloved by a small but vociferous fanbase. They'll surely be watching every movement on this film, especially when it comes to casting.

As for who is making the film - while Feige wouldn't commit one way or another, he did say that Marvel is interested in having Black Panther and Captain Marvel's filmmaking talent reflect the diversity of the characters. "

http://badassdigest.com/2014/10/28/captain-marvel-is-coming-in-2018/?utm_content=bufferabd2d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Any word on Falcon? I expect him in Cap 3, but I was hoping to hear confirmation and/or more movie appearances.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Any word on Falcon? I expect him in Cap 3, but I was hoping to hear confirmation and/or more movie appearances.
    falcon will probably have a big role in cap3 considering its very likely cap dies in that movie

- - - Updated - - -

video of the entire press event and the q&a afterwards

falcon will probably have a big role in cap3 considering its very likely cap dies in that movie
    I'm concerned that with RDJ in it and the likelihood that The Winter Soldier will take up Cap's mantle next that Falcon will be pushed to the side. Fingers crossed I'm wrong.

Thanks for posting the vids, I'll try to watch them from home later.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You swim in your money pool until you die? Idk. Remakes in 15 years? Make all the absurd and obscure stuff you want because people will eat it up. Anything goes after that. Remember that we are talking about Disney here, not simply Marvel.

Not only do they have this going on, but they've begun Phase 1 of the Star Wars rollouts. They are about to be swimming in cash.
    BAD WOLF