Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Being bigger then Frankie isn’t quite the point.

It’s that from one artist to another (or even the same artist) there sizes can be vastly different. Eddie for examples is some times a head taller then pete with his suit, some times two without it, some times even in height, with or without suit, ect ect.

Depending on what runs you prefer you might get a vastly different mental image of a character due to the artist being inconsistent.
    Cant argue that, maybe a good thing I havent read much of the comics, so for med, Jon is punisher

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    Cant argue that, maybe a good thing I havent read much of the comics, so for med, Jon is punisher
    Personally I think Jon is a really good match for this version of the punisher from 2016.

But when we also have stuff like this I can see why people would say he’s small for the character.

https://townsquare.media/site/622/fi...2012003col.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/ne7rHFg28L...FyaS81MzcuMzY=

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...rWJVol2No5.jpg
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Man, never got into Jon Bernthals Punisher character, simple becasue he is so much smaller compared to his usual comic book depiction.
    And Hugh Jackman is about a foot taller than Wolverine should be. Tom Holland, RDJ, and Chris Evans are all too short to play Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Captain America.

Most of the actors in comic book movies aren't going to be 1:1 to their comic book counterpart. Especially considering how a character is depicted can vary substantially between artists. Best not to get too hung up on physical differences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Personally I think Jon is a really good match for this version of the punisher from 2016.

But when we also have stuff like this I can see why people would say he’s small for the character.

https://townsquare.media/site/622/fi...2012003col.jpg

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/ne7rHFg28L...FyaS81MzcuMzY=

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...rWJVol2No5.jpg
    Yeah, this is what Punisher looked like in his first appearance.

Any depiction that veers too far away from the above picture is canonically wrong.

Bernthal fits very well within the parameters set.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    Happy that the actor will reprise his role, but not excited for the tv show, when they could have called the people that actually wrote the netflix daredevil. Because if tis the same quality of the other marvel shows then tis fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Happy that the actor will reprise his role, but not excited for the tv show, when they could have called the people that actually wrote the netflix daredevil. Because if tis the same quality of the other marvel shows then tis fucked.
    With Igers pledge to cut 5.5 billion, 3 billion from content , not a lot if hope for good quality. Though rumors are coming out that they might be firing these trash writers and directors , and hiring real creative.

Sounds like they are finally realizing the Woke , DEI hires of people with no qualifications except to tick off a box has bit them in the ass . Disney is in a panic, living subs and money with D+, movies under performing and living money and now problems with the parks.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    With Igers pledge to cut 5.5 billion, 3 billion from content , not a lot if hope for good quality. Though rumors are coming out that they might be firing these trash writers and directors , and hiring real creative.

Sounds like they are finally realizing the Woke , DEI hires of people with no qualifications except to tick off a box has bit them in the ass . Disney is in a panic, living subs and money with D+, movies under performing and living money and now problems with the parks.
    They could just cancel aghata, echo and ironheart, because no one asked for then, and people will barely see it, to focus on Daredevil, cause Netflix showed it does make success

They could just cancel aghata, echo and ironheart, because no one asked for then, and people will barely see it, to focus on Daredevil, cause Netflix showed it does make success
    I have a feeling that's going to happen. Smart thing would be to quit focusing on these obscure properties and focus on Deadpool, x-men, ff, daredevil, punisher etc

It's going to be interesting watching Disney clean house. Rumors that even Kevins job has been threatened.

I have a feeling that's going to happen. Smart thing would be to quit focusing on these obscure properties and focus on Deadpool, x-men, ff, daredevil, punisher etc

It's going to be interesting watching Disney clean house. Rumors that even Kevins job has been threatened.
    Hate to break up the little echo chamber circle jerk you two have going, but do you have any proof of that…at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Hate to break up the little echo chamber circle jerk you two have going, but do you have any proof of that…at all?
    Interestingly enough, their feelings are their proof.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

7+ Year Old Account
    What proof do you need about me thinking they should cancel those shows and focus on daredevil?

What proof do you need for someone THINK, it would be smart to focus on less obscure properties and more on big names?

Maybe you want proof of WHY we feel that way? how can you PROVE that?, come on, help me to help you.

Maybe we feel that they could cancel those shows because disney lost subs and delayed all those shows, but who knows, we can only especulate if they will indeed cancel or not, Echo i don't think so, because i heard its mostly shot already. Funny when no one call other the previous circlejerk of the same 4 people defending their shit shows and movies.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    What proof do you need about me thinking they should cancel those shows and focus on daredevil?

What proof do you need for someone THINK, it would be smart to focus on less obscure properties and more on big names?

Maybe you want proof of WHY we feel that way? how can you PROVE that?, come on, help me to help you.

Maybe we feel that they could cancel those shows because disney lost subs and delayed all those shows, but who knows, we can only especulate if they will indeed cancel or not, Echo i don't think so, because i heard its mostly shot already. Funny when no one call other the previous circlejerk of the same 4 people defending their shit shows and movies.
    he wasn't referring to you, knucklehead. He was referring to the person he quoted who said that Kevin's job was on the line.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    he wasn't referring to you, knucklehead. He was referring to the person he quoted who said that Kevin's job was on the line.
    Do you even read? he clearly said "you two", talking about us, and didn't mention WHAT he needed the proof of, thats why i asked what proof he needs

If it was about Kevin job, the user clearly said it was RUMOR, not a FACT, "knucklehead", rumors like that come and go all the time.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Do you even read? he clearly said "you two", talking about us, and didn't mention WHAT he needed the proof of, thats why i asked what proof he needs

If it was about Kevin job, the user clearly said it was RUMOR, not a FACT, "knucklehead", rumors like that come and go all the time.
    rumours usually have a source. of course, given how much you guys love the thought of Kevin losing his job, Disney+ losing subs and Marvel shows failing, I wouldn't be surprised if it originated in a wet dream of theirs.

why are you even here anyway? you both clearly HATE Marvel and everything associated with it

They are a RUMOR.

No secret Disney is not doing well.

They are a RUMOR.

Oh ok. So as long as I start a sentence with “It is rumored” I can follow it with whatever bullshit I can think up. Got it. Glad we are on the same page now.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    They are a RUMOR.

If it’s a rumour then who did you hear it from? Who did they hear it from? Unless, as stated above, it’s just made up bullshit which came from the wet dream of a QAnon moron then there should be something hinting at it.

For example, lots of rumours about Harvey Weinstein from the early 90’s to the 2010’s. Those rumours were hinted at by celebrities making not so veiled references about him. So what do you have that suggests your rumours aren’t utter horseshit?

rumours usually have a source. of course, given how much you guys love the thought of Kevin losing his job, Disney+ losing subs and Marvel shows failing, I wouldn't be surprised if it originated in a wet dream of theirs.

why are you even here anyway? you both clearly HATE Marvel and everything associated with it
    I don't hate Marvel, I hate what they have become lately. The quality they once had is gone . They just turn out content to consume. I didnt realize you were the fucking gatekeeper of all that is Marvel or Disney.

I get it, you are one of those who just can't stand anyone having a differing view point than yours. You can't handle it. It bothers you. So you insult others and become argumenative and dismissive . Unable to hold a adult conversation because your emotions take control. Maybe get some help for that . Therapy does wonders.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh ok. So as long as I start a sentence with “It is rumored” I can follow it with whatever bullshit I can think up. Got it. Glad we are on the same page now.
    So defensive and angry. Do you not understand how discussions work ? Especially about entertainment when so much of it is rumors ? I don't think you do nor fo I think you have the maturity level to do so. You seem aggrivated and needlessly aggressive.
    Last edited by Dystemper; 2023-03-08 at 02:10 AM.

I don't hate Marvel, I hate eating they have become lately. The quality they once had is gone . They just turn out content to consume. I d8dnt realize uou were the fucking gatekeeper of all that is Marvel or Disney.
    But “it’s rumored” you actually hate Marvel.

See what I did there?

So defensive and angry. Do you not understand how discussions work ? Especially about entertainment when so much of it is rumors ? I don't think you do nor fo I think you have the maturity level to do so. You seem aggrivated and needlessly aggressive.
    Mature discussions usually involve facts or information with sources, not some imaginary hate rhetoric you conjured up on the spot.

7+ Year Old Account
    rumours usually have a source.
    Having source of rumors by no means imply or confirm you have PROOF of the thing the rumor say, you and your buddies should know about that.

Its a rumor, people say things on the internet, its not a fact, it could be bs, it could be something different, or it may end up being true, who knows, those are not facts, but rumors and theories about said subject. It is what people do in forums or the internet, no one discuss only with facts.

Same way we had RUMORS that Tobey and Garfield would appear in NWH, and people demanded PROOF, when those were just rumors from someone on reddit, that end up being true.

of course, given how much you guys love the thought of Kevin losing his job, Disney+ losing subs and Marvel shows failing, I wouldn't be surprised if it originated in a wet dream of theirs.
    As much i would like a shit company like disney to fuck themselves, this isn't the point is it? Disney did lost subs, the marvel shows are failing, those are not our faults but theirs

Funny that we would be accused of gatekeeping, and now the same people are exactly doing that, you want this to be a echo chamber of people praising everything marvel does?

Hating or dislike the current marvel/aka the last movies and tv shows, does not mean "we hate all marvel and everything associated with it" this is a desperate strawman.

Having source of rumors by no means imply or confirm you have PROOF of the thing the rumor say, you and your buddies should know about that.

Its a rumor, people say things on the internet, its not a fact, it could be bs, it could be something different, or it may end up being true, who knows, those are not facts, but rumors and theories about said subject. It is what people do in forums or the internet, no one discuss only with facts.

Same way we had RUMORS that Tobey and Garfield would appear in NWH, and people demanded PROOF, when those were just rumors from someone on reddit, that end up being true.

As much i would like a shit company like disney to fuck themselves, this isn't the point is it? Disney did lost subs, the marvel shows are failing, those are not our faults but theirs

Funny that we would be accused of gatekeeping, and now the same people are exactly doing that, you want this to be a echo chamber of people praising everything marvel does?

Hating or dislike the current marvel/aka the last movies and tv shows, does not mean "we hate all marvel and everything associated with it" this is a desperate strawman.
    These are the types that harass snd attempt to bully and silence others on social media because they can not control their emotions. They can't stand the udea of somone not agreeing with them. It disturbs them.
    Hell the one kid Brought up Qanon!

You see them pop up on any story or mention of Disney and if it's slightly critical of Marvel or Disney or Sw, they lose their shit, name call , insult and white knight so hard to get either get the discussion shut down or drive away people from the threads .

I Hate to see how they act In public. Little Disney Karen's