Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    What do you think was wrong with Loki’s modavation in ragnarok? I thought it was pretty well done him wanting to turn his life around after his mother’s death but still being a trickster and falling back on old habits of betraying Thor.
    Interesting, I didn't get that out of the film. Maybe I just didn't see it. To me he was just very capricious, which could fit with what you say. To me it just felt like he was an ally or an obstacle dependent on what the story needed for that moment. Probably a bit more time on him over the course of the film would have made a big difference for me.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Interesting, I didn't get that out of the film. Maybe I just didn't see it. To me he was just very capricious, which could fit with what you say. To me it just felt like he was an ally or an obstacle dependent on what the story needed for that moment. Probably a bit more time on him over the course of the film would have made a big difference for me.
    I would agree that Loki needed more time in the film I thought it really odd that him and Thor never really got to go over odins death or what Loki had done. I’d guess that some scenes were cut like the dagger flip scence from the trailer and Hela breaking Thor’s hammer in a city not a field. Hopefully we will get an extended edition with Loki being more fleashed out.

I would agree that Loki needed more time in the film I thought it really odd that him and Thor never really got to go over odins death or what Loki had done. I’d guess that some scenes were cut like the dagger flip scence from the trailer and Hela breaking Thor’s hammer in a city not a field. Hopefully we will get an extended edition with Loki being more fleashed out.
    Do MCU even do extended editions?

Apparently that's thanks to a deal with Universal that Disney hasn't tried to renegotiate or hasn't successfully renegotiated?

I'd be really, really surprised if they split the personas in the movie without a solo Hulk movie to do it in though.
    hulk was made before disney acquired marvel studios so universal still owns distribution rights to any solo hulk movies while marvel/disney own the character rights.

what this means is that no matter what a hulk movie will make them less money then any other movie aside from spider-man except spider-man sells so much merchandise that they make their money back in toy sales while also boosting any other movie hes in.

they have to either wait until the deal with universal ends or buy back the rights and universal and disney arent exactly friends so any price they set will likely be too high for disney to find worth it for hulk.

tbh though theres only a small amount of stories they can do with hulk that works as a solo movie. personally i always felt hulk works best in a group dynamic or with characters like thor or spider-man where he has a straight character to bounce off of because hulk is best when he can have a personality, talk, and be funny and not just be a massive rage monster.

thor 3 was the first movie to completely and perfectly get hulks character right and as long as we get more of that im fine

- - - Updated - - -

that scene wasnt cut, it was only made for the trailer like the vulture scene and the iron man and spider-man scene.

disney purposefully makes scenes just for the trailers. then, if they fit, they repurpose them.

vultures scene ended up being touched up and used for his entrance into his lair early on in the movie, helas scene was changed to being in the field.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Do MCU even do extended editions?
    I have no idea I don’t think about the movies at all after I see them other then to think about links when I see the next one.

I know they can’t do it but it’s sill throwing t away. There’s other story’s they can tell with the hulk without butchering what should be his solo story. They shouldn’t have touched Sakarr till they got the rights back so they could have done a full solo movie. They should have bult up the hulk more showing he’s not the same identity as banner mabye building up that even when he helps people see him as a monster.
    but... they did exactly that.

hulk said that even helping the avengers no one on earth liked him but on sakaar they did, hulk makes a point to tell thor "hulk always hulk, never banner"

early on there were plans for an internal hulk and banner conversation but they decided to make banner having essentially been in a coma instead. we'll likely see them talk to each other at some point in infinity war since its clear banner and hulk are coming closer together.

we may even see a merge soon where we have the super intelligent hulk who is a mix of both personalities.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    but... they did exactly that.

hulk said that even helping the avengers no one on earth liked him but on sakaar they did, hulk makes a point to tell thor "hulk always hulk, never banner"

early on there were plans for an internal hulk and banner conversation but they decided to make banner having essentially been in a coma instead. we'll likely see them talk to each other at some point in infinity war since its clear banner and hulk are coming closer together.

we may even see a merge soon where we have the super intelligent hulk who is a mix of both personalities.
    I’m not saying they didn’t do that I’m saying they should have done it without wasting sakarr.

I’m not saying they didn’t do that I’m saying they should have done it without wasting sakarr.
    yeah but to be fair it was only sakaar in name. they can still do the planet hulk storyline completely fine on some other planet later on.

7+ Year Old Account
    yeah but to be fair it was only sakaar in name. they can still do the planet hulk storyline completely fine on some other planet later on.
    They could I guess though it seems unlikely.

That would feel very weird after Ragnarok though. Have him get lost in space again, pop up on another alien planet and become a gladiator again. This time though, no Korg or Miek. Unless you did somehow how use them which would make it weirder.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    That would feel very weird after Ragnarok though. Have him get lost in space again, pop up on another alien planet and become a gladiator again. This time though, no Korg or Miek. Unless you did somehow how use them which would make it weirder.
    if they did it id imagine it would come off the tail of a "avengers disbanded" type of event like how they are now.

hulk, fed up with their shit goes off to burn off some steam out in space (afterall, after infinity war they'll have some friends who could hook him up with a ship and maybe give him a pointer on some cool planets, imagine drax giving hulk a list of cool places he could fight)

he goes to some planet to do some gladiator stuff, insert some sort of villain, maybe make it more game of thronesy by having the leader be there trying to take over the planet.

if they did it id imagine it would come off the tail of a "avengers disbanded" type of event like how they are now.

hulk, fed up with their shit goes off to burn off some steam out in space (afterall, after infinity war they'll have some friends who could hook him up with a ship and maybe give him a pointer on some cool planets, imagine drax giving hulk a list of cool places he could fight)

he goes to some planet to do some gladiator stuff, insert some sort of villain, maybe make it more game of thronesy by having the leader be there trying to take over the planet.
    I think it's safer to assume we won't see an standalone Hulk movie that is inspired by Planet Hulk at this point. If Marvel gets the opportunity to do a Hulk solo movie, they're likely to draw from distinct source material rather than do something that will feel like a retread to some viewers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when I first heard that Ego was the villain of GotG2 and thinking it was going to be terrible. However, they retooling of the character made it work.
    What they did was give Ego characteristics from other characters...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    What they did was give Ego characteristics from other characters...

Yeah, I'm totally down with that. I didn't disagree with you when you said amalgamized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm totally down with that. I didn't disagree with you when you said amalgamized.
    Sometimes I quote people not to counter what they are saying but rather to say "oh yeah, what you just said reminded me of this."

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Sometimes I quote people not to counter what they are saying but rather to say "oh yeah, what you just said reminded me of this."
    I wasn't completely sure, so I tried to stay neutral with word choice. Internet and inference and all that. Appreciate the clarification.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't completely sure, so I tried to stay neutral with word choice. Internet and inference and all that. Appreciate the clarification.
    You're welcome and, yeah, I hear ya.

Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors announced
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/susancheng/...tw#.amMeeYA1Gq

Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors is part of a new, multi-platform animated franchise starring the next generation of Marvel heroes set to launch in 2018. The program will launch with six, four-minute digital shorts (which will follow Spider-Gwen with her new secret moniker, Ghost-Spider). Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors will premiere later in 2018.
    Characters include Ms Marvel, Squirrel Girl (voiced by Milana Vayntrub), Quake (voiced by Chloe Bennet), Captain Marvel, Patriot, Exile, Miss America, Spider-Gwen (I'll never accept Ghost-Spider), and Lockjaw.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffsei.../#5284101b32d4
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ces/922867001/

Looks like it's just a matter of Disney writing out checks to Fox now and they'll announce later on what they got. I would be just about anything that they got the rights back to Fantastic Four and X-Men. If so, I really hope Doom shows up in the MCU. X-Men would be nice if done better than what Fox did (I didn't like the characters much, but some of the ones they cast were good). Though I do recall Hugh Jackman saying he wouldn't play Wolverine again (Logan was his last) unless he got to play Wolverine in a story involving Avengers so I wonder if he's going to want to reprise the role or they'll just cast someone new.

Though I wonder how this will affect Deadpool 2.

I would think that Deadpool 2 is a done deal at this point. Fox would have to be offered a ton of money to stop a film like that mid production (post production? I don't know what stage its at). Deadpool 3 would be the film in doubt.

I would love for an MCU Doom.