Thread: Gear

Gear

So lets talk gear.. I mean we all want better gear and those large(smaller) numbers.. Just a little curious if it will be like MoP.. you start out using valor points to get gear, then after the first big patch are done with that, and you have to raid to get gear or world boss.. (LFR, Normal, or whatever)

Will we see legendary items like the cape..? Can we acquire items other than by raid groups.. I mean LFR is fun and all, nothing like watching folks die standing in the fire or just have no clue on mechanics or want to learn.. I know several folks that just refuse because the lack of .. well you can fill in that gap..

You've missed a lot, huh?

Valor points are gone.
    Heroic Dungeons will be equivalent to LFR for gearing up.
    There will be two legendaries, one like the cape the other like the either Shadowmourne or Warglaives. (Don't know yet)
    Otherwise nothing announced on gearing into raid levels without actually raiding.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Gear changes take me back to bc wraith but I like that valor is gone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    There will be two legendaries, one like the cape the other like the either Shadowmourne or Warglaives. (Don't know yet)
    I've seen this a lot but does anyone have an actual quote to that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    It was quote at blizzcon

- - - Updated - - -

Since then I haven't heard anymore on it

Valor is gone.. Wow.. totally didn't hear that at all.. Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    MMO-C has it mentioned in their Blizzcon wrap up. Ofc, they could've changed course since then, but they did say it.

Also, there's going to be a daily challenge mode quest. You get a LFR quality epic for completing the challenge mode, even if you don't qualify for a medal. I imagine they work a lot like the current heroic scenario epics.

So week 1(no raids unlocked):
    Dungeons, Heroic Dungeons, Crafted Epics, Challenge Daily and Garrison raids? Let's also not forget that they're going to make the world more like timeless isle, so there'll probably be some rare spawn drops, in addition to at least 1 world boss available at that point.

Then afterward when raids unlock you have separate lfr, flex and normal (Lfr, normal, heroic) lockouts.

I expect to do the challenge mode pugs, heroics and flex/normals as soon as i'm over the gold rush, it sounds almost too easy, but we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by subseal View Post
    Valor is gone.. Wow.. totally didn't hear that at all.. Thanks..
    It's not confirmed.

They are just reworking the currency system, thus it may indeed be removed.

Deleted
    I don't think Valor itself is gone, just that it's unlikely to be used for buying gear. The item level upgrades are more likely to be sticking around; perhaps Valor/Justice will be merged together and used for buying enhancements and maybe other things too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad they're taking it back to this model. I missed the days when you'd gear in Heroics to go raid. Believe it or not but I actually loved the 4.3 Cataclysm Heroics.

Valor is gone? What about item upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by luanoliveira20 View Post
    Valor is gone? What about item upgrade?
    I believe item upgrade and reforge are both gone.